dfstout

Kendrick Nunn 2019-2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, IT2 said:

Welp, Butler only scored 10 points too. This leaves me no choice, dropping his sorry a**

Just package him with Ayton and Conley for Doncic. Maybe put Dunn in that package too just in case.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, IT2 said:

Welp, Butler only scored 10 points too. This leaves me no choice, dropping his sorry a**

Jokic shooting 4/12...drop drop drop!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, IDatDude said:

your trash. I spent years on here seeing your posts, all your ever do is player bash...never provides any useful insight but cry and complain. 

he’s a cavs fan, you can’t expect too much 

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, summersoff7 said:

two trash games in a row.  looking like the D-league chump he formerly was. ill give him two more games.

I am curious. What is your season long expectation for Nunn anyway? This question can be for anyone that is saying drop him after only two subpar shooting games from him.

Btw you do realize many good players have had stints in the d-league/g-league. That doesn’t mean anything.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

People really need to look at the box score. Just look at the miami heat box score. Everyone sucked booty hole tonight.

And what does everyone sucking have to so with Nunn? NUNN!

Threads like these are what make forums like Rotoworld useless most of the time. Half the people in here are self conscious, or triggered because they didnt pick up Nunn - or even worse, irrationally dropped him. Tonight was a bad Gary Harris line from two years ago - would you be dropping Gary after two games like this? He played the most minutes on the team and went 2-8 from 3.

I dont want to be rude, but if you drop, you're an idiot. 

• Like 4

Is people legitimately worried about this guy? He lead the team in minutes and still got his shots up, unless you're incredibly bored and wanna play with waivers no one should be dropping this guy

• Like 1

Know what's not a red flag?

33 minutes and 14 shots in a blowout game.

Spo is showing trust for him to break out of this mini slump.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

he’s a cavs fan, you can’t expect too much 

It's no such thing as Cavs fans. It's LeBron or Kim Kardashian fans lol.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, magic32 said:

And what does everyone sucking have to so with Nunn? NUNN!

Drop him then. Can I join your league next year?

Just now, Aces29 said:

I wonder if lads really thought they were getting that first 5 game Nunn for all 82 games.

If you read most of the level headed people in the history of this thread, you'll see most of us predicted he'll regress to 15-17 / 3 / 3 / 1.5 and 2 3's, he's still totally in line to get those numbers, in fact this regression is going to have him average out there as we speak.

• Like 1

We need the Reddit down vote/up vote system so comments by trolls and players that are inexperienced/ brain dead arent seen by people actually trying to have constructive conversations about players. 

• Like 1

so what you expecting, 20ppg for 82 games? hahaha these dudes, just freaking drop him if you're panicking. you need to chill out. you're being selective on what you want to see. you're not looking at his minutes and field goal attempts. lol

• Like 1

A few things need to happen for people to truly declare a player who started this hot droppable:

1. His situation has to change. His minutes need to dip and he gets removed as a starter or starts getting DNP-CDs or 10-20 minutes instead of 25-33 minutes.

2. You need way bigger sample sizes. You let him get hot for several games, only to drop him after 2 measly games vs Houston (Gordon/Rivers/House are good perimeter defenders and they had Gordon on him a lot - and they had Harris on him for most of the game until Harris got injured). If it starts happening 5-10 games, and then you see it impacts point #1, then you safely drop. 

It makes no sense to do it when a guy just goes on two cold shooting nights.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Drop him then. Can I join your league next year?

No you can't.

37 minutes ago, Soccer8098 said:

We need the Reddit down vote/up vote system so comments by trolls and players that are inexperienced/ brain dead arent seen by people actually trying to have constructive conversations about players. 

I think the problem goes both ways though. There's plenty of posts here with good advice, that's also laced with stuff like:

"and if you don't think this, you better quit fantasy"

I don't think that's very helpful, it's insulting, and now you put yourself in a position where you have to be right, you give them ammo to attack you, yall play that little game back and forth. I know, cause I've done it.

It's also possible to just offer your observations. And even then people will still try to search and pick out something that they don't agree with and perceive it as an insult:

"I think Lebron might shoot 43% on the year, based on this and that, could be wrong"

"WOW ARE YOU SERIOUS, THAT'S OBVIOUSLY NOT GONNA HAPPEN, LOL AMATEUR"

....waits for a game that validates them.....

"SEE I TOLD YOU, THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR BEING A NON-BELIEVER, I BET YOU FEEL BAD NOW, HAHHAAHAHAH! LOSER!"

"huh?"

I mean all you can do is try to see that for what it is and ignore it lol. Lots of emotions invested in fantasy though, so I get the back and forth.

Edited by SkalChriston
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Soccer8098 said:

HELL no.  That place is trash.  It's all memes and hot takes that get upvoted and their fantasy threads are rubbish.  A better system would be a 'block user' ability to hide users who you don't care for.  Anything more turns it into facebook/reddit/whatever other popular forum is meme'd out. 

3 minutes ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

HELL no.  That place is trash.  It's all memes and hot takes that get upvoted and their fantasy threads are rubbish.  A better system would be a 'block user' ability to hide users who you don't care for.  Anything more turns it into facebook/reddit/whatever other popular forum is meme'd out. 

I agree, the issue is also that people become scared to share their real "dissenting" opinion.

I hold conservative/traditionalist views, people like me get downvoted on reddit like crazy because 90% of it is a leftist circle jerk. I still don't care, but we get relegated to little corner subs where we can discuss many topics and debate them openly with rational discussion, instead of just getting mobbed on by a crew of over-reacting emotional virtue signaling SJWs. 

No one should be scared to share their opinions on things, the upvote/downvote system is very similar to the chinese social score, it only disincentivizes dissenting opinion and it creates a sheep/herd mentality where you either agree or you get booted out of society. 

• Like 4

Interesting that Nunn was out there tonight in garbage time...

Winslow, Dragic and Butler being healthy and needing the ball in their hands to be most effective is definitely cramping Nunn's play a bit but he's still getting looks especially as a perimeter threat.  He's just not getting as many isolation sets or ending up with the ball off of screen and rolls.

I don't think you can take away too much from tonight's game other than what others have mentioned about Denver at home.  They had 3 key players missing/in foul trouble and they still stifled the Heat.  When they want to turn it on the Nugs are definitely one of the harder teams to face on their home court.  Also I wouldn't be surprised if there was a bit of a hangover from having just had 3 easy games in a row (yes that includes Houston who defensively are incredibly bad right now).  I'm betting Miami come out a lot sharper against Phoenix.

1 minute ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

Interesting that Nunn was out there tonight in garbage time...

Winslow, Dragic and Butler being healthy and needing the ball in their hands to be most effective is definitely cramping Nunn's play a bit but he's still getting looks especially as a perimeter threat.  He's just not getting as many isolation sets or ending up with the ball off of screen and rolls.

I don't think you can take away too much from tonight's game other than what others have mentioned about Denver at home.  They had 3 key players missing/in foul trouble and they still stifled the Heat.  When they want to turn it on the Nugs are definitely one of the harder teams to face on their home court.  Also I wouldn't be surprised if there was a bit of a hangover from having just had 3 easy games in a row (yes that includes Houston who defensively are incredibly bad right now).  I'm betting Miami come out a lot sharper against Phoenix.

Phoenix is REALLY solid defensively this year. It's like night and day. I've watched all their games, Monty Williams has completely turned that team around. They play hard and together, they could make the playoffs this year.

That won't be an easy matchup either. But I do think going against Rubio/Booker will be better for him as opposed to some of these bigger guards they're putting on him like Gordon and Harris. Even Booker looks great defensively this year, he's actually getting down in his stance and challenging guys, not just letting them blow by with a lazy reach around. Nevertheless, those two are better matchups. I'm noticing teams are adjusting to some of these younger guys by putting length/size on them. In the Devonte Graham game they had 6'7 JaKarr Sampson on him.. (Graham is 6'2).

Teams clearly see if Nunn is matched up against guys his size he'll eat 'em, so teams that are more versatile and offer defensive length matchups will make the switch to ensure they don't go off. This is where Nunn will learn to adjust moving forward.

2 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

it’s always this bad. But people think this is exclusive to rotoworld, it’s not. It’s a problem created by our instant gratification world.

internet going too slow today? Pout 

our brains are being designed to receive input instantly, you click something and it opens, you go to the drive thru you get food. So now when you transition that to other aspects such as fantasy, people aren’t able to see how a guy can struggle for a game and still be fine in the long run.

I assume most of these guys have never played sports. I’ve played ball since I was 5, I’ve had plenty of weeks where I’m in the zone, and then games where I become hesitant to shoot because I’m bricking so bad, and it’ll last a few games and then I’ll shoot myself out of it.

it happens, not everyone is a superstar who can perform every game. But the big picture is really hard for people to envision because society is telling us that everything positive needs to happen now.

Goat post of the year imo, couldn't have put it into better words. You will go far in life good sir