dfstout

Kendrick Nunn 2019-2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, KingDURANTULA said:

 

Nothing wrong w/ streaming in H2H 


that’s not the intent of the post 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lockdown said:

 

Hahaha you amuse me "lurker". Okay, time to dismantle your points "piece by piece". Lol sometimes I wonder if you watch NBA or even get my point. 

Mcgruder comparison - this is because both are undrafted, that's all. Of course there are exceptions to good undrafted players like the ones you mentioned, but those are few and far between compared to undrafted G-leaguers lol. Fact is, Mcgruder went undrafted, played well early in the season, and fell off, similar to this guy. Did you see McGruder's stats in that run? They were exceptional. Anyway, what makes Nunn so special to you? Do you think he at least has a better game than say Devonte Graham at least, lol. Also to a defensive minded coach like Spo. I understand Dragic also can't defend, but he's gonna be the closer from here on out lol. Okay quote me back here if I'm wrong. Anybody can see this. It's the sheer eye test. It's not a knock on Nunn, but just the fact that he's on a  deep team with guys like Dragic and Winslow who actually play the point (and have been on this team for the past year or so).

1.7 steals. Sure, because this was the time Jimmy was out, and all those other circumstances which led to him having a big run. Watch that fall down by the wayside when everybody is healthy. Like now lol. Especially with the diminished playing time. You think he's gonna be Kris Dunn like, in limited mins? LOL. Yeah yeah go back here and flame me next time Nunn plays 30+ mins again... IN GARBAGE TIME. 

LOL you EXPECT Dragic to be traded. Wow what a reason to hold on to someone. And what if he doesn't get traded? Are you the Heat GM, Mr. Heat fan? I don't understand holding on to someone in hopes someone gets traded. I could make that argument for almost everyone in the league whose starters are always in trade talks.

I am not trying to convince myself I made the right choice. What's wrong with checking forums of people i dropped? Hell I even look and post at forum pages of people I never even owned just to share some insight. I was only trying to tell people of another take, which is, Nunn just isn't as good or godly as you think he is that's all. I didn't tell you all to drop him coz i did. I even said in my earlier post that if your waiver is bare or iffy, then keep him. I just moved him and picked him up for a hot FA. What's the problem there? Who's convincing who? Stop trying to flame a person or trying to read my head like you're some fortune teller lol. 

I understand he's a rookie. Like most rookies, they're up and down and very volatile. Sure he may have a big game again and this thread blows up, but I'm willing to wager, there will be waaay more bad games than good games to warrant him being a borderline hold/drop. This happens all the time, guys like DiVicenzo, etc have good games, but also bad, making them borderline guys. Now, with Nunn having to lessen his usage, and now playing time, he's gonna be a very lukewarm guy in your fantasy team. Goodluck to you Nunn owners. I dunno why people flame on here for people just expressing his opinion. The tone and all. Dismantling LOL. I hope your fantasy team doesn't get dismantled by having Nunn sit there. I really do.

 

If Lockdown is wrong in his one sided assessment (and not even 10 games in) can we ban him from the forum? lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sharkpotato said:

 

If Lockdown is wrong in his one sided assessment (and not even 10 games in) can we ban him from the forum? lol


I wouldn’t want that, what I wanted is him to provide actual opinion instead of just saying brick brick brick this guy sucks, and he did that. 

its not about banning people who have disagreements, it’s disincentivizing s--- posts like “drop city”, “get brooks now”, “he blows” after a few down games. It’s just amateur and dilutes the whole forum. You want to have a discussion about why you think he’s done then fine, but these one liners are what makes people dislike someone. 

  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:


I wouldn’t want that, what I wanted is him to provide actual opinion instead of just saying brick brick brick this guy sucks, and he did that. 

its not about banning people who have disagreements, it’s disincentivizing s--- posts like “drop city”, “get brooks now”, “he blows” after a few down games. It’s just amateur and dilutes the whole forum. You want to have a discussion about why you think he’s done then fine, but these one liners are what makes people dislike someone. 

 

Lol I was just kidding

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And you can't be adamant and convinced that the guy is not worth holding only after 8 freaking games (8!!!) after what he displayed in the first 5 games. As everyone else mentioned he's clearly talented. I would understand more if people have completely written him off after 15-20 games but we're not even in the middle of November yet. Give this rook some time to acclimate to the league, forget about this wager he'll have more bad games than good games and I told you so BS. Just sit and watch what unfolds. If he doesn't pan out after a while, then drop. We've seen instances where rookies and unknowns come out of nowhere and produce, but have their bumps along the way (ala Donovan Mitchell) and the people that are holding like me don't want to let that chance at a diamond in the rough slip away. Fact is, we don't know what their plan is with Nunn, but so far he's been given the opportunity to make something out of it. So lets see what happens in the next few games or so.

Edited by sharkpotato
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

And you can't be adamant and convinced that the guy is not worth holding only after 8 freaking games (8!!!) after what he displayed in the first 5 games. As everyone else mentioned he's clearly talented. I would understand more if people have completely written him off after 15-20 games but we're not even in the middle of November yet. Give this rook some time to acclimate to the league, forget about this wager he'll have more bad games than good games and I told you so BS. Just sit and watch what unfolds. If he doesn't pan out after a while, then drop. We've seen instances where rookies and unknowns come out of nowhere and produce, but have their bumps along the way (ala Donovan Mitchell) and the people that are holding like me don't want to let that chance at a diamond in the rough slip away. Fact is, we don't know what their plan is with Nunn, but so far he's been given the opportunity to make something out of it. So lets see what happens in the next few games or so.

The reason is the presence of Jimmy Butler
Nunn was good when Butler was out, now he's not rosterable in 12-teams leagues

Edited by LosingEffort

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LosingEffort said:

The reason is the presence of Jimmy Butler
Nunn was good when Butler was out, now he's not rosterable in 12-teams leagues

 

thing is, he had a couple good games with butler..

 

your best bet is to wait a couple more games and see if he bounces back

 

i see you already made the move, but it can still go either way imo. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Used a #1 Waiver priority for him, he rewards me by having s---y games ever since. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

243rd ranked player in 8 cat leagues in the last 3 games.   Full roster playing Friday, may need to sit him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

People will say excuses but it doesn’t really bother me, here’s what I’m seeing the last three games:

1. foul trouble against harden 

2. nuggets owned the whole Miami squad and he had Gary Harris on him most the game 

3. he actually shot well this game, had a few rookie mistake fouls and one bad turnover in the third that led to a suns momentum run, but Dragic went bananas in the third and spo just rode that unit for 1 and a half quarters because the suns had no answer for it.

as tekno alluded, say he comes back in early mid 4th this line looks better. He had 21 min not because he was missing or he was particularly bad, but because spo rode a dragic hot run, and those real life situations can trump fantasy rotations.

The matchups will get easier especially once they go back east and he’ll bounce back as long as the role, shots, and minutes are there.

 

 

The excuses in this thread are hilarious for him. I would like to just once hear, yeah he sucked. no excuses, he played like sh!t.  Is that impossible??? or does everything need to be excused. If you wanted to, you can come up with an excuse for just about any player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, magic32 said:

 

The excuses in this thread are hilarious for him. I would like to just once hear, yeah he sucked. no excuses, he played like sh!t.  Is that impossible??? or does everything need to be excused. If you wanted to, you can come up with an excuse for just about any player. 

I mean that's one way to frame it, but if the excuses are valid it's not unreasonable to try to justify why the player has been doing poorly.

Nunn is a rookie in a very fluid situation with the lineup constantly changing with guys in and out of the lineup.  We've seen what he is capable of, like someone mentioned even briefly playing well with Butler.

He's fallen off pretty hard production wise but I still feel like something is there.  I think the verdict is still out, but I understand if people are pessimistic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, KingDURANTULA said:

 

Nothing wrong w/ streaming in H2H 


1-2 stream spots are nice....but if half ya roster is Fa/WW guys...your in big trouble lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DirkNomisszki said:

This is not even close to being like “the McGruder situation” because Nunn is actually a talented basketball player and has upside. You seem obsessed with the fact that undrafted ≠ not good, but in fact there have been plenty of great undrafted basketball players with successful careers (Ben Wallace, Wesley Mathews, NBA Champion Jeremy Lin). 

Without 27 playoff  minutes played by NBA Champion Jeremy Lin Raptors  would have never  won. 😀

The fact is that Nunn is trending down, from Oct (5 games) to Nov(3 games):

Min 31.6 to 25

FGA  17 to 11

3P 3.0 to 1.3

Pts 22.4 to 9

%s 51.8/48.4/100   to 33.3/23.5/33.3

 

is he rosterable in 12 teamers?   I think he is not, but you make your own decision

 

Edited by Gile Pile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Without 27 playoff  minutes played by NBA Champion Jeremy Lin Raptors  would have never  won. 😀

The fact is that Nunn is trending down, from Oct (5 games) to Nov(3 games):

Min 31.6 to 25

FGA  17 to 11

3P 3.0 to 1.3

Pts 22.4 to 9

%s 51.8/48.4/100   to 33.3/23.5/33.3

is he rosterable in 12 teamers?   I think he is not, but you make your own decision

 

 

So make our own decisions based off the smaller sample size of the two you listed? and a 3 game sample size at that? #wut textbook of what not to do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im tired of this. If you want to drop him do so. If you want to keep him do so. Why are people here trying to convince others to drop him? Just say I dont like him I dropped him good luck for those who kept him and move on....

 

All im seeing here is I dropped him because of this this and that and I dont think hes worth it and this and that. And when others respond with well I will keep him for now because its too early those who dropped him respond with well this this and that is why hes not worth keeping. WTF?

Edited by Johnnyapplebot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Im tired of this. If you want to drop him do so. If you want to keep him do so. Why are people here trying to convince others to drop him? Just say I dont like him I dropped him good luck for those who kept him and move on....

 

All im seeing here is I dropped him because of this this and that and I dont think hes worth it and this and that. And when others respond with well I will keep him for now because its too early those who dropped him respond with well this this and that is why hes not worth keeping. WTF?

 

 

it’s a message board brodie

 

thats what people do .. discuss 

 

frankly, i hate it when people try to police discussions on here. just say what you feel n kip. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, COBBLEPOT said:

 

 

it’s a message board brodie

 

thats what people do .. discuss 

 

frankly, i hate it when people try to police discussions on here. just say what you feel n kip. 

 

Yeah he needs to go sit in a dark room with wifi cut off or something. Too much discussion for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, COBBLEPOT said:

 

 

it’s a message board brodie

 

thats what people do .. discuss 

 

frankly, i hate it when people try to police discussions on here. just say what you feel n kip. 

I know its a message board and I know people discuss. I am not trying to police anything if thats what you are referring to but to me personally it sounds like people who dropped him want to convince others to drop him as well CONSIDERING people keep replying with its a small sample size I will keep for now and they respond with the same well this reason and that reason is why you should drop. They just gave you the reason why they arent dropping him now yet you cant accept it and keep having to poke the damn bear to why you should do it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NBA_OG said:

 

Yeah he needs to go sit in a dark room with wifi cut off or something. Too much discussion for him.

Really? smh. You dont get it so sit down.

Edited by Johnnyapplebot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Exactly.  He was undrafted for a reason

He was undrafted because it's 2019 and he not only was accused but admitted to domestic violence. As wrong as it is, that's a death sentence today. 

Heat development is serious and he's a steal for them. As well as those who got him on waivers in fantasy bball.

 

I'm in a 20 man league H2H and I'm hearing it about his 11 points and string of bad games in the group chat.

We all know everyone who hates is mad they didn't get him though. Waiver wire looking type thin - next guy up is like MPJ or JaKar Sampson. Good luck w that!

 

I'll keep Nunn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly he was SECOND IN THE ENTIRE NATION BEHIND Trey Young in scoring. He didnt get drafted not because he sucks or cant be an NBA starter, he didnt get drafted because he got arrested and with that hole bad publicity, he had to re-earn his way into the NBA. He can score and I watched the Heat game and the announcers kept saying how the Heat coach and upper management do not want him to change anything in the way he approaches the game. They know hes in a slump but they want him to keep playing his style. That doesnt sound like an organization that is giving up on him. Its less than 10 games into the season, I will keep him for now and see.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

I know its a message board and I know people discuss. I am not trying to police anything if thats what you are referring to but to me personally it sounds like people who dropped him want to convince others to drop him as well CONSIDERING people keep replying with its a small sample size I will keep for now and they respond with the same well this reason and that reason is why you should drop. They just gave you the reason why they arent dropping him now yet you cant accept it and keep having to poke the damn bear to why you should do it now.

 

 

yea but who cares .. it’s something to talk about

 

when it’s all said n done we’ll have a definitive answer .. as of now all we can do is debate and speculate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

 

 

yea but who cares .. it’s something to talk about

 

when it’s all said n done we’ll have a definitive answer .. as of now all we can do is debate and speculate. 

"yeah who cares...its something to talk about"...

 

basically talking about nothing. Thats not a discussion thats more of you being bored and just talking to talk.

 

My point is clear. Those who are holding still have the belief that he can turn it around/has potential to do well and its a small sample size for us to determine. We will hold while others who dropped can have their points as to why they did so and their reasons and thats it. Nothing else to discuss about this at the moment.

Edited by Johnnyapplebot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

"yeah who cares...its something to talk about"...

 

basically talking about nothing. Thats not a discussion thats more of you being bored and just talking to talk.

 

 

naah, that’s what you’re doing now 

 

at least that other stuff pertains to fantasy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.