dfstout

Kendrick Nunn 2019-2020 Outlook

17 minutes ago, RLDN106 said:

drop city? might just use the spot to stream

sadly I think so. gonna get much muddier when winslow and herro are back. it's seems like he's trying to make the right play, but ends up getting TOs and bad shots.

His confidence is shaken. He's missing open floaters, wide open threes (looks good though), and he just got blocked on a massive poster attempt on Drummond. He really just needs a few shots to fall, he's a bit too dependent on whether his shot is going in or not and its effecting his energy in other areas.

You guys may want to consider the upcoming schedule before dropping.. can see alot of garbage time incoming.

The bad games were also all against solid play off teams too

image.png.be3649fb3ebc8f559fe19591e5eabab1.png

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

His confidence is shaken. He's missing open floaters, wide open threes (looks good though), and he just got blocked on a massive poster attempt on Drummond. He really just needs a few shots to fall, he's a bit too dependent on whether his shot is going in or not and its effecting his energy in other areas.

I think his confidence is fine he just can't continue to hit on everything like he was doing to start the season.  He's obviously got a green light and he continues to have the highest number of shot attempts for the Heat.  He was never going to continue to shoot at the % he was shooting at the first 5 games so he was due a few duds.  He's not a plus defender so his scoring is really his major contribution and that should be there more often or not.  As long as this situation continues (starting and getting around 30mpg) he's a hold.  He'll have good games and bad games.  I like the fact that he even attempted to dunk on Drummond.  Against the Lakers he took it right at Davis and Mcgee a few times but unfortunately he got blocked.

Edited by ComeOnAndSlam

Wow so much noise of dropping. Nunn was a waiver pick-up and folks are expecting him to compete up to 1st-2nd round picks of the draft picks. 

Hope the kid scores to shut hyped folks up with extravagant expectations.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, grassoli said:

Why would you guys drop him right now?

Am I missing something here?

I see you're new here. 

It's Rotoworld forums. People tend to be overdramatic after a few games and want to drop a player. 

• Haha 1

Imagine dropping him during the first half and then looking at the box score and seeing 18  / 3 / 5 / 2 and 4 3's with 5 minutes left in the 4th..

ouch..sure percentages and TO aren't great, but you'll take this line any day. 

6 minutes ago, grassoli said:

Why would you guys drop him right now?

Am I missing something here?

Exactly it's early November.

I'd like to thank everyone overreacting in this thread for possibly causing somebody to drop him in a league I have the #1 waiver.  He's all mine.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

Imagine dropping him during the first half and then looking at the box score and seeing 18  / 3 / 5 / 2 and 4 3's with 5 minutes left in the 4th..

ouch..sure percentages and TO aren't great, but you'll take this line any day. 

This thread reminds me of another Miami Heat player from 2 seasons ago - Josh Richardson. Everyone was ranting and dropping him like crazy only for Richardson to come out strong later in the season. 

What's different from J-Rich is that Nunn is a waiver wire pickup and people are expecting him to play like a first and second rounder night after night which is just annoying. With that being said even if the points, FG% and TOs are inconsistent - he is consistently bringing the heat in threes and steals. I am not sure you will have someone on the wire with a better ROS outlook than Nunn right now WITH the upside he has. 

• Haha 2