dfstout

Kendrick Nunn 2019-2020 Outlook

13 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

Streaming for the win is good, but the big picture outlook is more important. He'll win you weeks that a streamer won't. There are plenty of weeks to go. Sometimes you have to sacrifice a week knowing you're holding onto a winner. 

yea but when lowry, fox, ayton and bagley are all on your team, you are put in a position where if u don’t make up for those missed games u could be well out of the playoff picture by the time they return. 

Edited by COBBLEPOT

3 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

i would still take conley lol 

WHat's your thoughts on Nunn's production Post ASB? 

Will Winslow push him to the bench?

5 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

I see a guy who's capable of 2.5/16/3/5/1.5 with solid %'s and low TO. 

Speaking of %s, where do you guys see his FG% this year? 

28 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

I definitely wouldnt consider 41% a solid fg% 

I think something near 44% is reasonable considering how much he attacks the rim instead of settling for jumpers.

3 hours ago, Travis Burten said:

WHat's your thoughts on Nunn's production Post ASB? 

Will Winslow push him to the bench?

it’s up in the air 

could go either way imo

i won’t be surprised wit 18-4 with a couple threes and 1.5 steals ROS

on the flipside he can end up giving u 10-2 with 1 three and less than a steal 

it really all depends how spo uses him once everyone is healthy, so it’s a gamble not to take conley 

Too early to tell obviously. But I do see him as the starter ros with meaningful minutes and if his shot hits he stays for 30 plus if he struggles 20 to 25 but he will alwaya be starting.

4 hours ago, Travis Burten said:

I was offered Conley for him.

Have you accepted already? Coz u should before he changes his mind. I own Nunn and wish someone offers me something like that. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

I sent him Nunn + Bridges (CHA) for Conley + Markanen lol

Cool story bro .. any openings in your league next year ? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

I sent him Nunn + Bridges (CHA) for Conley + Markanen lol

lol how quick did he reject it? 

5 minutes ago, IT2 said:

Awfully quiet today, where's my Nunn haters at?

In my leagues group chat, I s**t on nunn constantly when he had a few dud games, to the point where the nunn owner (very impulsive and impatient to begin with) dropped him and he cleared waivers. I picked him up just as he was starting to heat up again lol. 

Gotta play some mind games sometimes. 

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, fabrar said:

In my leagues group chat, I s**t on nunn constantly when he had a few dud games, to the point where the nunn owner (very impulsive and impatient to begin with) dropped him and he cleared waivers. I picked him up just as he was starting to heat up again lol. 

Gotta play some mind games sometimes. 

That is genius HAHA, i usually do the opposite and tell my friends i really want their players like Thybulle for instance. And they'll end up holding the players longer than they should be thinking i would scoop'em up right away

Edited by IT2
  • Haha 1

Good game but limited upside imo.   He's an asset sure, but I really don't see much upside.  Just doesn't contribute across the board enough.  Probably better IRL player than fantasy for now.  I say that as an owner.

Edited by laurilegend
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, laurilegend said:

Good game but limited upside imo.   He's an asset sure, but I really don't see much upside.  Just doesn't contribute across the board enough.  Probably better IRL player than fantasy for now.  I say that as an owner.

He give you near 20 pts,2 3s,good stls and FT% has limited upside?Lmao

Edited by kane
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, kane said:

He give you near 20 pts,2 3s,good stls and FT% has limited upside?Lmao

Yes, I consider a guy that can only realistically contribute in 4 cats (neutral at TO given his usage) to have limited upside.  As I said: he's an asset.  If you have a plethora of three and D type guys on your roster you might consider trying to cash out on him.  That's all I'm saying.

What is upside?  Like , if a player has produced top 60 numbers consistently through the beginning of the season (i.e. Nunn), does not having "upside" mean won't be top 40?  I mean technically then only 40 players have upside or however many ranks "upside" indicates.    

Nunn is awesome and is earning PT and respect. If he stays put production-wise....who needs upside? 

Edited by MynameisMudd
  • Like 1

Just now, MynameisMudd said:

What is upside?  Like , if a player has produced top 60 numbers consistently through the beginning of the season , does not having "upside" mean won't be top 40?  I mean technically then only 40 players have upside or however many ranks "upside" indicates.    

Nunn is awesome and is earning PT and respect. If he stays put production-wise....who needs upside? 

Perhaps a better way to say it is that he's currently sitting 51th in Yahoo 9 cat rank on average stats.  I'd take the under by about 30 spots on that ROS.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, laurilegend said:

Perhaps a better way to say it is that he's currently sitting 51th in Yahoo 9 cat rank on average stats.  I'd take the under by about 30 spots on that ROS.  

Put in the fact that Dragic and Winslow haven't both been healthy at the same time. Maybe one is always injured, but when they are at full force his usage may be less. I still think his minutes will be in the 30s. My expectation is 1.5 3s, 15 pt, 2 reb, 3 assists, 1.8 steals which is still valuable for a waiver wire pickup. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, blabety said:

Put in the fact that Dragic and Winslow haven't both been healthy at the same time. Maybe one is always injured, but when they are at full force his usage may be less. I still think his minutes will be in the 30s. My expectation is 1.5 3s, 15 pt, 2 reb, 3 assists, 1.8 steals which is still valuable for a waiver wire pickup. 

Totally.  If this guy is on your waiver, even in 10 teams, get him.  For example I had a decision to make with Levert last week and I had #1 waiver in our 12 teamer, I used it on Nunn.  I'm thrilled but I'm also exploring sell high options.

1 hour ago, laurilegend said:

He's basically posting Klay Thompson numbers with more steals lol. Klay was a top 30 player for a while.

Not saying Nunn will be a top 30 player - just saying that it's literally objectively wrong to say a rookie who hasn't even played 15 career games yet "doesn't have any upside"

• Like 2