dfstout

Kendrick Nunn 2019-2020 Outlook

9 minutes ago, laurilegend said:

Perhaps a better way to say it is that he's currently sitting 51th in Yahoo 9 cat rank on average stats.  I'd take the under by about 30 spots on that ROS.  

Put in the fact that Dragic and Winslow haven't both been healthy at the same time. Maybe one is always injured, but when they are at full force his usage may be less. I still think his minutes will be in the 30s. My expectation is 1.5 3s, 15 pt, 2 reb, 3 assists, 1.8 steals which is still valuable for a waiver wire pickup. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, blabety said:

Put in the fact that Dragic and Winslow haven't both been healthy at the same time. Maybe one is always injured, but when they are at full force his usage may be less. I still think his minutes will be in the 30s. My expectation is 1.5 3s, 15 pt, 2 reb, 3 assists, 1.8 steals which is still valuable for a waiver wire pickup. 

Totally.  If this guy is on your waiver, even in 10 teams, get him.  For example I had a decision to make with Levert last week and I had #1 waiver in our 12 teamer, I used it on Nunn.  I'm thrilled but I'm also exploring sell high options.

1 hour ago, laurilegend said:

Good game but limited upside imo.   He's an asset sure, but I really don't see much upside.  Just doesn't contribute across the board enough.  Probably better IRL player than fantasy for now.  I say that as an owner.

He's basically posting Klay Thompson numbers with more steals lol. Klay was a top 30 player for a while.

Not saying Nunn will be a top 30 player - just saying that it's literally objectively wrong to say a rookie who hasn't even played 15 career games yet "doesn't have any upside"

• Like 2

I just traded my T.J Warren for his Kendrick Nunn. Thoughts? 9 cat h2h

Edited by Aburrms
  • Like 1

On 11/16/2019 at 7:22 PM, fabrar said:

He's basically posting Klay Thompson numbers with more steals lol. Klay was a top 30 player for a while.

Not saying Nunn will be a top 30 player - just saying that it's literally objectively wrong to say a rookie who hasn't even played 15 career games yet "doesn't have any upside"

He's already shown massive upside in points, 3's, and steals.  

On 11/16/2019 at 6:42 PM, blabety said:

It seems like Miami will be blowing out a lot of teams, and I think Nunn seems to get more burn and free run during that 3rd-4th quarter garbage time to just chuck and compile.  

i traded wendell carter and nunn for myles turner. Needed the blocks upside since wendell doesn't want to do it this year. Wish good things on Nunn, just not too good where I look like an idiot.

This guy didnt fit my build but I picked him up after his 3rd game because he was too talented to leave on the wire. Gotta say I am honestly impressed with his FG% and steals, hope it proves to be sustainable ROS. Whenever a waiver wire player has a great game or strings a few good performances together, I always try to watch their tape before making any moves. I watched some Troy Brown after he had a few decent games and his tape left me like "meh, yeah, he's okay". When I watched Nunn's tape after his first few games this year, it was blatantly obvious that he is outright talented. I know there's a lot of people in the rotation muddying his outlook, whether it be a couple of primary ballhandlers, a veteran or two who might play more and get more usage in crunch time, or a rookie draft pick the team invested decently highly in, but I think what'll keep him relevant is the fact that he simply belongs. I wasn't a believer and originally thought he was just posting numbers because of all the injuries, suspensions, etc. but this kid is actually quite talented. I think the other players will be forced to make room for him, and not the other way around. I wasnt really ever too big a fan of Spoelstra but he deserves credit for seeing this kid for what he is despite it probably being much easier to play all the other guys who could be in front of him for various reasons other than actual production.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 10/30/2019 at 12:20 PM, sickrookie said:

Dwight Powell is gonna cut Kleber’s minutes. Nunn’s starting role is safe. Who’s gonna hold value?

I know I'm mad late. But.... update: I panic dropped Nunn after about 3 or 4 terrible games. Picked up Bogdanavic (sac). Not an awful decision. But now Nunn is gone...and I wanna drop Herro for Melo...just for tonight 😩 Kill me now

• Haha 2

curious what’s his dynasty outlook? He isn’t the youngest guy in the block but is his real life play actually this solid and does he have a strong future as a top 60 player? Or is this kind of a short term thing? I have him in my 30 team dynasty (picked him up for free which was huge).

4 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

Not watching the game.. Can anybody fill me in on why he didn't play for most of the 4th quarter?

Blowout game

The “McGruder” guy has been really quiet lately. Hope he is okay.

• Haha 1

If Nunn can continue piling on the assists and limit his TOs it doesn't matter if he doesn't score 20 a night

Talk about an a** whooping. The whole team. Sixers do not like the Heat. Well, f*** you too lol.

Edited by Trench Mob
  • Haha 1

Yep, throw this one out for everybody.  Sadly Nunn in particular looked terrible doing too much dribbling, turning it over and making bad fouls, but nobody on Miami showed up.  The minutes are a result of coach giving him another chance but him making a boneheaded play and getting pulled, but I still wouldn't look too much into it.  If he has a horrible game against the Hornets maybe I'd worry, especially if it starts sounding like Winslow is coming back anytime soon.

29 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Yep, throw this one out for everybody.  Sadly Nunn in particular looked terrible doing too much dribbling, turning it over and making bad fouls, but nobody on Miami showed up.  The minutes are a result of coach giving him another chance but him making a boneheaded play and getting pulled, but I still wouldn't look too much into it.  If he has a horrible game against the Hornets maybe I'd worry, especially if it starts sounding like Winslow is coming back anytime soon.

I really don't agree with the sentiment that Winslow is going to impact his value. He played alongside Winslow and did well. Winslow doesn't effect Nunn, Dragic does - directly.

When Dragic is on and Nunn isn't, they pull Nunn and play Dragic the rest of the game. 

When Nunn hits his first few shots he gets a longer leash all game and Dragic blends in.

Winslow is a passer, not a scorer by any means. Look at his percentages, he's just as abysmal this year. Miami is a team offense, the hierarchy goes with Butler and then everyone else fighting for 2nd. Most nights that second guy will be Nunn, followed by Herro, Dragic, and Bam.  

This is why I have no concerns, I see him as a year-long asset. He's just not matchup proof, he struggles versus the top defenses in the league, but there are only a handful of those, he pretty much eats in any matchup that doesn't include a top 5 defense.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2