dfstout

Kendrick Nunn 2019-2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, nbachamp said:

Possible targets for him..

Hard sell, most people hate trading for guys you get off the waiver - and when they are interested, they want popcorn stats.

Been offering him as a sweetener to buy up, no luck so far. Best bet are the injured mid round wings with steady roles like Hayward and Middleton, if you’re in a position to wait.

Owning Nunn has been great.

I tried to move him early cause I knew it would be a great sell high - but you can never really move a guy who you get off the WW.

16.9ppg/3.3ast/2.3threes/48%FG

Percentage may go down.

No hate I always notice guys who don't play ball have a hard time noticing that diamond in the rough talent.

This dude is a baller. 

I'm in a 20 man league. The waiver wire looks like a wasteland.

Shoutout to ESPN for not having their s--- together and not even having him available after like his 2nd game.

When he popped up I had the 5th waiver spot, put the claim in and went to sleep and one of the other league members hit me up congratulating . 

How 4 dudes passed on him - I'm not sure.

Let me gloat a little bit. 20 Man H2H 11 CAT

Trae, Spida, Vuc, Lowry, Covington, Jerami Grant, Devonte Graham, PJ Washington, Moe Wagner, Nunn - I think I am looking at some success with this squad

BTW I absolutely love pick trading - some guys can't add lol

Edited by MahsMills
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Apollo_87 said:

Guys, everyone needs to relax on the 'when Winslow comes back' fear.

This is Miami. Just look at their roster - it's pretty injury prone. Between their not exactly durable backcourt of Butler, Winslow, Dragic, Nunn'll have plenty of opportunity.

Self-quote cause Winslow may play, but Butler is out now.

Nunn'll be fine. 

1 hour ago, MahsMills said:

No hate I always notice guys who don't play ball have a hard time noticing that diamond in the rough talent.

This dude is a baller. 

This is similar to what I've been trying to say in my previous posts as well. He's simply just really good. He will continue to get minutes if the Miami Heat's goal is winning OR player development because he's both really good and really young. As someone said previously his checkered past may have been the reason he went undrafted, but the Heat got a true diamond in the rough with this kid basketball talent wise. It's abundantly clear and obvious when you watch him that he's very talented. Now, that doesnt mean hes going to light it up every night, we have to keep in mind he just turned 24 and is a rookie. But because of his talent and immediate potential, he is going to stay relevant regardless of the rotations, depth chart, or roster. And Spoelstra sees it better than we do and has stuck with him regardless of who's in or out.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

This is similar to what I've been trying to say in my previous posts as well. He's simply just really good. He will continue to get minutes if the Miami Heat's goal is winning OR player development because he's both really good and really young. As someone said previously his checkered past may have been the reason he went undrafted, but the Heat got a true diamond in the rough with this kid basketball talent wise. It's abundantly clear and obvious when you watch him that he's very talented. Now, that doesnt mean hes going to light it up every night, we have to keep in mind he just turned 24 and is a rookie. But because of his talent and immediate potential, he is going to stay relevant regardless of the rotations, depth chart, or roster. And Spoelstra sees it better than we do and has stuck with him regardless of who's in or out.

Yup.  If this kid was just a fluke Spol wouldn't be trotting him out there and consistently feeding him 30 min / game.  

21 hours ago, stopmakingsense said:

Agreed, he'll probably be in the 26-28 minute range most nights with everyone healthy. That's enough to still be a solid contributor around top 100.

IMO he's due for a dip in FG% considering he was around 43% in college, but solid production with top 50-60 upside when others are out is more than fine for a waiver add.

Pretty sure a dip in FG is coming, but he was probably 43% in college because he was infinite usage and had to score all the points, so i'm sure he just jacked up a ton of bad / contested shots and probably double teamed constantly.  Now he actually has better floor spacing, better teammates, etc etc, so maybe if he does dip he might still be in that 46-47% range.

27 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

Yup.  If this kid was just a fluke Spol wouldn't be trotting him out there and consistently feeding him 30 min / game.  

Pretty sure a dip in FG is coming, but he was probably 43% in college because he was infinite usage and had to score all the points, so i'm sure he just jacked up a ton of bad / contested shots and probably double teamed constantly.  Now he actually has better floor spacing, better teammates, etc etc, so maybe if he does dip he might still be in that 46-47% range.

Not just that but he made him the starter from day 1 over vets like dragic and the "hype rookie" tyler hero. That says a lot.

• Like 1

I knew it, should have played somebody else over him. Nunn needs Jimmy to cover for him in defense as an undersized guard. Still holding though.

A lot of nunn's shots are from catch and shoot threes from butler. I see winslow doing the same for nunn in non-butler lineups. I don't see the benefit of the heat playing butler and winslow together as winslow is a horrible shooter.

48 minutes ago, fantasyandfortnite said:

A lot of nunn's shots are from catch and shoot threes from butler. I see winslow doing the same for nunn in non-butler lineups. I don't see the benefit of the heat playing butler and winslow together as winslow is a horrible shooter.

dunno bout winslow being a horrible shooter, he was 38% from three in the previous 2 seasons 

he is bad from the line tho 

So mad at myself for dropping Kennard instead of him.  His bad games have been BAD this season, and it appears as though Winslow coming back isn't doing him any favors.

Yeah he is one of the worst players I've ever held onto this long.  I'm disgusted that I bought into the hype yall were talking.  Once Bagley returns from my IR, Nunn's my obvious top drop.

He's going to have "solid" games every now and then, but his lowest lows just absolutely crush FG% and turnovers.  And he's hardly good for anything other than points and 3's, and decent at steals.  You're better off playing the wire imo.

On 11/30/2019 at 12:47 PM, sld12 said:

So mad at myself for dropping Kennard instead of him.  His bad games have been BAD this season, and it appears as though Winslow coming back isn't doing him any favors.

Ouch.  

I have both and Dunn is gone next hot FA that emerges,

26 minutes ago, kane said:

Shot attempt is there,he just can't hit it

Exactly. 15 FGA does not sound like a guy who's fading away. More worried about not closing, but he was cold 

Gonna hold, not excited to drop him for garrett temple just yet. My worry is his steals is dropping more and more. 

Edited by Raiiny

Like I said, when everyone’s healthy he won’t produce. He was extremely lucky that either one of Butler, Dragic, or Winslow didn’t play. Only lately has EVERYONE been fully healthy. He won’t be able to eat with such a deep roster. He won’t close out games either, with Winslow back and Dragic there. Winslow and his playmaking is an integral part of the Heat‘s system. Some people were downplaying Winslow’s effect on the roster. Nunn will basically be points and 3’s with decent steals. Unfortunately, upside is extremely capped with such a deep roster. If he was playing in the Knicks, then it’s a different story lol.

2 minutes ago, Lockdown said:

Like I said, when everyone’s healthy he won’t produce. He was extremely lucky that either one of Butler, Dragic, or Winslow didn’t play. Only lately has EVERYONE been fully healthy. He won’t be able to eat with such a deep roster. He won’t close out games either, with Winslow back and Dragic there. Winslow and his playmaking is an integral part of the Heat‘s system. Some people were downplaying Winslow’s effect on the roster. Nunn will basically be points and 3’s with decent steals. Unfortunately, upside is extremely capped with such a deep roster. If he was playing in the Knicks, then it’s a different story lol.

Still took 15 shots, just a bad shooting night. Of course he wont be putting up the lines from before but he'll still be serviceable. 2/14.5/2.5/3/1

He won't be as good, but I expect he'll still be serviceable. Dropping for Sato for now, he fills my team's needs better

On 11/24/2019 at 4:03 AM, Lifschitz said:

You literally wait until the ONE game where he plays bad to make this comment - you kept your mouth shut the entire time he was doing well. He already showed he can play poorly and bounce back. So what's the point of saying this? 

What are we selling high on? 17/3/3/1.5 and 2.3 3's per game? That's his season average right now - it's not like you're going to trade that for anything significant, especially because he doesn't carry the name value. Sell high would've been his first few weeks because no one realistically thought it would last. Go back a few pages and you'll see 17/3/3/1.5 is what we already predicted he would regress to from his hot shooting to start the year (which no one thought was sustainable).

Like really, you think one bad game when their entire team was blown out by 30+ the whole game somehow means he's done? hmm.. I'm pretty sure I saw this story a few pages back.

Now you are selling a points and 3s streamer with bad percentuages. 

And nope, tonight wasn't a blowout.