hlin8821

OG Anunoby 2019-2020 Outlook

12 hours ago, hl782 said:

He got 2 threes, 2 stocks, on 50% shooting... what more are you expecting?!

lol, ppl think this is not good enough.

Not a fan of RHJ outplaying him though with effort alone...

Edited by WhatIsThisWizardry

14 hours ago, hl782 said:

He got 2 threes, 2 stocks, on 50% shooting... what more are you expecting?!

He has four stocks in five games since returning. Four assists. Single digits point totals in three of those games, 12 in a fourth. 

2 hours ago, Ace_King said:

He has four stocks in five games since returning. Four assists. Single digits point totals in three of those games, 12 in a fourth. 

maybe it was a mini slump coming back from potentially scary injury?

What do you expect from the end of the draft pick  or waiver wire pickup?

Despite the pedestrian numbers in last 5  games he is still ranked 69th for the season.

Don’t forget that he wasn’t a very high block or steal rate guy his first two seasons. The stocks (especially blocks) in the first 7 games seem veeery flukey and when he isn’t getting stocks, the usage is too low to boost him to top 100 value. Player rank #173 over the past 5 games played 

see you again in 2 weeks in this forum when RHJ is playing under 20 min  and OG is killing it

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

We know who RHJ is. He will be on the shortest of leashes and we he cools off so will his minutes.

32 minutes ago, Sfektz said:

That's why RHJ better....more stocks and every thing but 3s

You realize Ibaka is on the verge of returning. RHJ wasn’t even a part of the rotation prior to Ibaka going down. Yes RHJ has had a nice little run but his run directly coincides with Ibaka injury on November 10th. Thats exactly when RHJ started his run. Not to mention OG going down a game after Ibaka. So RHJ was thrusted into the rotation.  OG is now back and Ibaka should be back by the weekend so I’d imagine RHJ’s run is coming to an end. Yes he might have earned some minutes going forward but not fantasy worthy in most likely anything but the deeper leagues. OG is there to stay. 

Edited by Bugs bunny
  • Like 2

Just remember that Masai refused to include OG in the Kawai deal. He's in it for the long haul as a key member of the Raptors' rotation. I'd be holding in everything but the shallowest leagues.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

You realize Ibaka is on the verge of returning. RHJ wasn’t even a part of the rotation prior to Ibaka going down. Yes RHJ has had a nice little run but his run directly coincides with Ibaka injury on November 10th. Thats exactly when RHJ started his run. Not to mention OG going down a game after Ibaka. So RHJ was thrusted into the rotation.  OG is now back and Ibaka should be back by the weekend so I’d imagine RHJ’s run is coming to an end. Yes he might have earned some minutes going forward but not fantasy worthy in most likely anything but the deeper leagues. OG is there to stay. 

terrence davis starting to eat some mins too tho

59 minutes ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

terrence davis starting to eat some mins too tho

OG currently 91st league wide in minutes played per game (29.6).  What are the expectations, playing 39min/game? 

On 11/26/2019 at 1:11 PM, Bringthesonicsback said:

Don’t forget that he wasn’t a very high block or steal rate guy his first two seasons. The stocks (especially blocks) in the first 7 games seem veeery flukey and when he isn’t getting stocks, the usage is too low to boost him to top 100 value. Player rank #173 over the past 5 games played 

... This is his third year into the league. His first two season they didn't need him. Plus with Kawhi stopping by in year two, they didn't need OG as much and they had Demar soaking up all his minutes year one. Honestly, they need his defense and no one is in his way to take his minutes not even journeymen RHJ. He has a golden the opportunity to perform. This guy is a hold for now in ten team leagues are bigger. However, if he doesn't perform by mid-late December he is a drop. 

• Haha 2

Damn I used a waiver on this guy right before he was injured.

Hope he picks it up ASAP.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, johnnymills1 said:

... This is his third year into the league. His first two season they didn't need him. Plus with Kawhi stopping by in year two, they didn't need OG as much and they had Demar soaking up all his minutes year one. Honestly, they need his defense and no one is in his way to take his minutes not even journeymen RHJ. He has a golden the opportunity to perform. This guy is a hold for now in ten team leagues are bigger. However, if he doesn't perform by mid-late December he is a drop. 

Not gonna lie, you had me in the first half

He balls out against scrub teams and goes into his shell against harder opponents. Note to yall

19 minutes ago, ROTY said:

He balls out against scrub teams and goes into his shell against harder opponents. Note to yall

Bro stop. This guy was balling. Versus everyone. Before that scary injury. He’ll continue to ball and get even better in the near future as he gets over almost losing his eye ball. But even if this is sort of the case, it’s a good thing their in the east and their schedule won’t be against good teams every game. Top 60 moving forward 

Edited by Flamez
  • Like 2

I loveeeeeee these forums man. Ppl love to come in here and talk s--- and say he’s done and complain about slumps but whenever a guy balls out, the forum is quiet LMAO. That’s cute boys. Very cute 

• Like 3

Just now, Flamez said:

I loveeeeeee these forums man. Ppl love to come in here and talk s--- and say he’s done and complain about slumps but whenever a guy balls out, the forum is quiet LMAO. That’s cute boys. Very cute 

It's only a 3 steal / 1 block game. no 3s! pffft!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Flamez said:

Settle down. He's playing better but nothing to write home about. Outside the top 100 the last week, 2 weeks, and month. Most would be glad he's recovered from a terrible run but what has he done to warrant a forum meltdown?? 

1 hour ago, ROTY said:

Settle down. He's playing better but nothing to write home about. Outside the top 100 the last week, 2 weeks, and month. Most would be glad he's recovered from a terrible run but what has he done to warrant a forum meltdown?? 

What has he done to warrant a forum meltdown ? 22 years old. Third season. Before almost having his eye gouged out was returning 35th season rank in 9cat h2h leagues. I can bet 98 percent of the ppl in this forum drafted og around pick 130+ or picked him off the waivers. If it wasn’t for the kawhi injury and the aftermath of him playing a little scared, I’d say this kid would still have the forums busting everywhere over him. Top 50/60 value going forward, in my eyes with the rightly built team this kids wining a lot of ships this year

1 hour ago, Flamez said:

What has he done to warrant a forum meltdown ? 22 years old. Third season. Before almost having his eye gouged out was returning 35th season rank in 9cat h2h leagues. I can bet 98 percent of the ppl in this forum drafted og around pick 130+ or picked him off the waivers. If it wasn’t for the kawhi injury and the aftermath of him playing a little scared, I’d say this kid would still have the forums busting everywhere over him. Top 50/60 value going forward, in my eyes with the rightly built team this kids wining a lot of ships this year

Trust me, im on board. I got sniped in all 4 of my leagues trying to grab him with my last 2 picks. Lucky for me 3 out 4 league owners dropped him and i scooped him in all of them! He has a lot of potential but there will be bumps. This is really his 2nd full season and first season with significant playing time. When he starts to really string it all together us owners will be here supporting. Personally, im watching his progress closely, but not going to shoot my load here over 9/5/2/2/1 on bad %s over the last week. The moment will come though, im sure.