iowncrazyhair

Vent & Rant Thread 2019-2020

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, hoop said:

It's been repeated over and over this season, but I just need to vent about the injuries/suspensions this season

I'm a super data-driven and analytical guy. It's part of my work background actually. I spend countless hours scouting and following news during the offseason, factor in injury risk, make spreadsheets to calculate stats and playoffs, draft the "perfect" team on paper, and am vigilant the whole season on the waiver wire. But my "perfect" team simply f-cked me over with missed time

KAT - of all the seasons for the "iron man" to get injured, barely played this year
Collins - suspension, missed 39% of season
Isaac - season-ending knee injury after 32 games
JJJ - knee, many weeks
FVV - missed 25% of games
Doncic - Ankle and nick nacks injuries, missed 20% of season
Favors - hamstring, personal, missed 30% of season
Conley - hamstring, missed 36% of season
Steph - (traded for him, so I can't really complain)

Now Dejounte - out indefinitely w/ calf strain

I managed 1st place for over a month despite having a dead weight in Collins, but gradually sunk lower and lower as the injuries mounted. Hung onto last seed, but then KAT and JJJ got injured simultaneously. That was that

Obviously I'm not alone - injuries really hit a lot of us hard. Just venting my shared frustration

Picked my team based on analytics also. Took Kat 3rd due to his iron man status and he has burned his owners. Lost Simmons, Butler is in and out and playing like trash lately, Ayton hurt and had to deal with Collins and Ayton eating 2 spots with no production when they were suspended. Horrible fantasy season overall

Edited by DonutGiveUp
  • Like 1

Just now, DonutGiveUp said:

Picked my team based on analytics also. Took Kat 3rd due to his iron man status and he has burned his owners. Lost Simmons, Butler is in and out and playing like trash lately, Ayton hurt and had to deal with Collins and Ayton eating 2 spots with no production when they were suspended. Horrible fantasy season overall

Seriously, this was such a rough season - one of the roughest ones in recent memory, in terms of players missing time. If you're into analytics then you know how much time and effort we put into this. It sucks to have so much bad luck happen out of our control. Feels like so much wasted effort, and makes me think hard about doing fantasy bball again next season

• Like 3

who had kawhi and cp3 as the 6th and 7th overall players in total value. makes sense because they have such good health track records.

9 hours ago, sebapargue said:

lost powell and cam johnson, LMA still with no timetable, Richardson has the worst concussion ever apparently, dipo cant play more than 1 game a week, DFS and SGA start missing games now and GOBERT HAS TO SHAT THE BED.....thankfully my playoffs start in week 22....get your act together boys..!

Well, this worked...🤣

2 hours ago, hoop said:

It's been repeated over and over this season, but I just need to vent about the injuries/suspensions this season

I'm a super data-driven and analytical guy. It's part of my work background actually. I spend countless hours scouting and following news during the offseason, factor in injury risk, make spreadsheets to calculate stats and playoffs, draft the "perfect" team on paper, drill into advanced analytics, follow team reporters' Twitters, subscribe to The Athletic and BBM, and am vigilant the whole season on the waiver wire. But my "perfect" team simply f-cked me over with missed time

KAT - of all the seasons for the "iron man" to get injured, barely played this year
Collins - suspension, missed 39% of season
Isaac - season-ending knee injury after 32 games
JJJ - knee, many weeks
FVV - missed 25% of games
Doncic - Ankle and nick nack injuries, missed 20% of season
Favors - hamstring, personal, missed 30% of season
Conley - hamstring, missed 36% of season
Steph - (traded for him, so I can't really complain)

Now Dejounte - out indefinitely w/ calf strain

I managed 1st place for over a month despite having a dead weight in Collins, but gradually sunk lower and lower as the injuries mounted. Hung onto last seed, but then KAT and JJJ got injured simultaneously. That was that

Obviously I'm not alone - injuries really hit a lot of us hard. Just venting my shared frustration

"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is fantasy basketball."

Jean-Luc Picard

• Haha 1

I’m just infuriated by this bum Elfrid Payton, not only is he giving me a major dud he’s killing my %s. It’s just been a really shi**y round of playoffs. Norman busted, ayton no INJ designation despite missing 3 straight games. Beasley disappeared. I just don’t get it 

• Like 1

Beasley and Covington’s absolute horse shi* meanwhile facing Lyles and he has a DD with Aldridge back lol 

8 hours ago, Eltoro said:

Sucks but that's also poor planning dude

Because I know who my playoffs opponents are ahead of time? 

Because I can just start my injured players and make the numbers better? 

Explain how to improve the plan. 

On 3/10/2020 at 11:48 AM, brickcitymamba said:

That was quick. Woke up to find out that my PJ and Miles combined for 6 points in a double OT game plus Cam Johnson has mononucleosis. What the f---.

Add Elf going from statsheet stuffing artist to bum and Baynes ending his hot streak right as I stream him. Gotta love fantasy playoffs.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2020 at 11:29 AM, iowncrazyhair said:

Entering the first round with Simmons, Lavine, Clarke still out. Down goes Murray, SGA is dtd and gobert played like **** today smh

lol now gobert is out with illness 

• Haha 1

Had more players going into this week, Middleton randomly rests, Butler and Ayton out, got the worst Simmons news possible today and Embiid comes back against me lol OLE OLE OLE