t0087669

Daniel Theis 2019-2020 Outlook

My guess is he won't be a starter every night and he will most likely split minutes with Robert Williams and Enes Kanter. His time on the court will probably be based on matchup, so I don't see any consistency

1 hour ago, stickman786 said:

IS it understood that he's the starter? Or does Robert Williams/Enes Kanter have a chance?

I haven't read anywhere,  but someone told me Enes is the starter.

Theis may not be locked in as the starter , but looks like he might begin the season starting. Even if he is the backup , he should still get 20-24 mpg , I would think , as it doesn’t seem like the Time Lord will have a very big role this year. What kind of line do you see for Theis ? Is he worth a deep league add as a 3rd or 4th C? 

Over 25min last two games with solid production. Enes and Williams are hobbled, but maybe he's earning his minutes back. Any Boston fans with insight?

On 11/2/2019 at 10:13 PM, MrJuiceBar said:

Over 25min last two games with solid production. Enes and Williams are hobbled, but maybe he's earning his minutes back. Any Boston fans with insight?

He won't be a starter always and the minutes will be split between Theis, Robert Williams and Kanter, sometimes event Grant Williams. Stevens is just using them based on matchup and none of these guys will be consistent enough.

He said it at one point, here is the info:

They have a handful of bigs who each offer their own unique skill sets, though there is not one option that truly stands out above the others.

With that in mind, coach Brad Stevens says the team is not likely to have a set starting center for the majority of the season and that it will matchup-based decision from game to game.

https://www.nba.com/celtics/news/post-ups

Also Celtics insider Jay King said the same thing:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

desperate for blk here. hes been gettting something like 6.5 pts, 8 rebs 3blks since hes getting near 30 mins and starting. who is rostering or any boston fans here who had an eye test?

1 minute ago, thrilla1nManila said:

desperate for blk here. hes been gettting something like 6.5 pts, 8 rebs 3blks since hes getting near 30 mins and starting. who is rostering or any boston fans here who had an eye test?

Center by Committee (Theis,Williams,Kanter) Kanter will be back soon 

21 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Center by Committee (Theis,Williams,Kanter) Kanter will be back soon 

darn.

This guy is annoying. I’m trying to decide if I drop him (he was only for streaming anyway) and free up my streamer spot, or just keep him. He’s so borderline I don’t know what to do with him. Lol

2 hours ago, stickman786 said:

14 10 last game. Is he a pick up or is he whatever?

You just cannot tell. They had never had their 3 main bigs healthy at the same time yet. I think Brad Stevens trusts Theis the most for now but it does not mean he will get consistent minutes even in upper 20s. You don't just sign Kanter in offseason just for warming bench, Robert Williams had shown some flashes on his passing ability... so yeah, really a head scratcher. I am holding Theis for now but also ready to drop whenever there is a hot pickup.

2 hours ago, ayowaya said:

You just cannot tell. They had never had their 3 main bigs healthy at the same time yet. I think Brad Stevens trusts Theis the most for now but it does not mean he will get consistent minutes even in upper 20s. You don't just sign Kanter in offseason just for warming bench, Robert Williams had shown some flashes on his passing ability... so yeah, really a head scratcher. I am holding Theis for now but also ready to drop whenever there is a hot pickup.

Kanter got just above a minimum contract.  That's a bench warmer contract. 

6 hours ago, Flamez said:

This guy is intriguing ... is he the guy to own in Boston 

Role seemed to be secured enough.

2 hours ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

Some nice rebounding + 1 block. Elite highlights 

He didn't do much but yeah, seems like Stevens loves this guy so could be the player to own

Solid as a rock. A bit boring, but just a hardhat type of player.

Like what I saw 

but looks like he’s averaging 21min Per game , time share with Kanter and Time Lord?? 

same situation to many starting bigs this season. They won’t play more than 25min a game 

16 minutes ago, Riedle9 said:

Like what I saw 

but looks like he’s averaging 21min Per game , time share with Kanter and Time Lord?? 

same situation to many starting bigs this season. They won’t play more than 25min a game 

His minutes have been trending up lately. Kanter is just ineffective and Williams too raw to see extended PT.

Back to back ticky tack fouls. If it wasn't for these, he would've been around 28 minutes again.

Edited by Trench Mob