t0087669

Daniel Theis 2019-2020 Outlook

That lead quickly evaporated and he's checking back in even with this foul plagued night. He's a hold / pickup IMO.

Kawhi just postered him lmao, but irrelevant.

Edited by Trench Mob
  • Haha 2

What league size is Theis rostered in, 14+?

Not a fan of him as a real life player at all, but interested to see where the fantasy value kicks in. See he's currently at #124.

def should be rostered in 14 teamers and im rostering him in my 12 Teamer with 3 bench spots for his boards and blocks as my end of bench guy (team lacks rebounds)

48 minutes ago, RLDN106 said:

What league size is Theis rostered in, 14+?

Not a fan of him as a real life player at all, but interested to see where the fantasy value kicks in. See he's currently at #124.

Is he bad in real life? 

12 minutes ago, Riedle9 said:

Is he bad in real life? 

I wouldn’t say bad, he works hard on defense but just lacks a smooth offensive game (which makes him hard to watch at times).

Stats are stats though, doesn’t matter how players get them for fantasy.

15 hours ago, kmoore1521 said:

def should be rostered in 14 teamers and im rostering him in my 12 Teamer with 3 bench spots for his boards and blocks as my end of bench guy (team lacks rebounds)

I rostered him too for the same reasons. Traded Whitside for Chris Paul and now I'm missing his rebounds and blocks. Theis looks like he has the starting center job now too so should be perfect for me

1 hour ago, Riedle9 said:

Theis , Poeltl or Marc Gasol? 

Not Marc that's for sure

Swap Nerlens for Gasol and you got yourself a real question

Edited by Nazyef
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nazyef said:

Not Marc that's for sure

Swap Nerlens for Gasol and you got yourself a real question

How about assistant coach forum?

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Nazyef said:

Theis vs Jokic tonight...not a good matchup for Theis -- anybody rolling with him tonight?

Guy in our 12 teamer (two time champ actually good player) just dropped Theis for Christian Wood FWIW.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, laurilegend said:

Guy in our 12 teamer (two time champ actually good player) just dropped Theis for Christian Wood FWIW.

Smart move. If Drummond is traded, Wood will be unleashed. 

1 hour ago, csklmf said:

Smart move. If Drummond is traded, Wood will be unleashed. 

Why would they trade Drummond? he's a beast

Ranked 91 over the last two weeks with 8/8 and 1 block/steal each on 54% shooting and 73% FT. Is it me or is this guy super underrated? He's great to have as an end of bench big and has an extremely fantasy-friendly game.

He seems to have the starting center position locked up. His ability to space the floor, rim run, and defend 1-5 only helps to solidify it even more. These are the types of guys Brad wants on the court. Watched the game against Brooklyn last night and he was quick enough to be able to catch up with Dinwiddie driving to the rim. He was also a vocal presence on defense trying to get guys in position, etc. 

Kanter's a black hole on defense, and Robert Williams is simply too raw. The loss against Denver recently saw Theis only playing 18 minutes, but Celtics fans were mentioning the result may have been different if he played over Time Lord or Grant Williams down the stretch.

With it being 6 weeks into the season, I would think Brad knows by now the quality and team fit that Theis possesses over his other two centers. I'd pencil him in for a consistent 24-28 minute role ROS, and his current production to stick. His role is as secure as it can get as compared to other 'upside' bigs on the wire, unless you're in a shallow league.

Edited by Espoiral
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pretty underrated. After couple failed stream attempts at Robert Williams this yr, decided to add this guy for stable big man stats, hasn’t really been disappointed and solid enough where I just couldn’t really drop him lol. If you don’t mind low scoring, he’s a really great 3rd tier center to rd out your team.

3 hours ago, IDatDude said:

Pretty underrated. After couple failed stream attempts at Robert Williams this yr, decided to add this guy for stable big man stats, hasn’t really been disappointed and solid enough where I just couldn’t really drop him lol. If you don’t mind low scoring, he’s a really great 3rd tier center to rd out your team.

Is this REB production sustainable once Gordo comes back? 

36 minutes ago, clownsquad said:

Who would you rather have, Theis or Kevan Looney?  

Ac forum homie but since you’re new I got you, Theis. Looney has so many centers with him they can all have butt sex together, that rotation is about to be a disaster

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Flamez said:

Ac forum homie but since you’re new I got you, Theis. Looney has so many centers with him they can all have butt sex together, that rotation is about to be a disaster

On the contrary. Looney is the only NBA caliber player out of that group plus him and Kerr are pinky-swear close.

46 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

On the contrary. Looney is the only NBA caliber player out of that group plus him and Kerr are pinky-swear close.

Spellman and Chriss and wcs are all NBA caliber players, the question is tiers and to what degree and contribution. 

Does anybody think Theis could be a Favors type producer?

10-8-1-1.5 type line with solid percentages and a 3 ball every now and then?

• Like 1