t0087669

Daniel Theis 2019-2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

That lead quickly evaporated and he's checking back in even with this foul plagued night. He's a hold / pickup IMO.

 

Kawhi just postered him lmao, but irrelevant.

 

Edited by Trench Mob
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What league size is Theis rostered in, 14+?

Not a fan of him as a real life player at all, but interested to see where the fantasy value kicks in. See he's currently at #124.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

def should be rostered in 14 teamers and im rostering him in my 12 Teamer with 3 bench spots for his boards and blocks as my end of bench guy (team lacks rebounds)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, RLDN106 said:

What league size is Theis rostered in, 14+?

Not a fan of him as a real life player at all, but interested to see where the fantasy value kicks in. See he's currently at #124.

 

Is he bad in real life? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Riedle9 said:

 

Is he bad in real life? 

I wouldn’t say bad, he works hard on defense but just lacks a smooth offensive game (which makes him hard to watch at times).

Stats are stats though, doesn’t matter how players get them for fantasy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, kmoore1521 said:

def should be rostered in 14 teamers and im rostering him in my 12 Teamer with 3 bench spots for his boards and blocks as my end of bench guy (team lacks rebounds)

 

I rostered him too for the same reasons. Traded Whitside for Chris Paul and now I'm missing his rebounds and blocks. Theis looks like he has the starting center job now too so should be perfect for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Riedle9 said:

Theis , Poeltl or Marc Gasol? 

 

Not Marc that's for sure

 

Swap Nerlens for Gasol and you got yourself a real question

Edited by Nazyef
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nazyef said:

 

Not Marc that's for sure

 

Swap Nerlens for Gasol and you got yourself a real question

How about assistant coach forum?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Nazyef said:

Theis vs Jokic tonight...not a good matchup for Theis -- anybody rolling with him tonight?

 

Guy in our 12 teamer (two time champ actually good player) just dropped Theis for Christian Wood FWIW.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, laurilegend said:

 

Guy in our 12 teamer (two time champ actually good player) just dropped Theis for Christian Wood FWIW.

 

Smart move. If Drummond is traded, Wood will be unleashed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, csklmf said:

 

Smart move. If Drummond is traded, Wood will be unleashed. 

Why would they trade Drummond? he's a beast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ranked 91 over the last two weeks with 8/8 and 1 block/steal each on 54% shooting and 73% FT. Is it me or is this guy super underrated? He's great to have as an end of bench big and has an extremely fantasy-friendly game.

He seems to have the starting center position locked up. His ability to space the floor, rim run, and defend 1-5 only helps to solidify it even more. These are the types of guys Brad wants on the court. Watched the game against Brooklyn last night and he was quick enough to be able to catch up with Dinwiddie driving to the rim. He was also a vocal presence on defense trying to get guys in position, etc. 

Kanter's a black hole on defense, and Robert Williams is simply too raw. The loss against Denver recently saw Theis only playing 18 minutes, but Celtics fans were mentioning the result may have been different if he played over Time Lord or Grant Williams down the stretch.

With it being 6 weeks into the season, I would think Brad knows by now the quality and team fit that Theis possesses over his other two centers. I'd pencil him in for a consistent 24-28 minute role ROS, and his current production to stick. His role is as secure as it can get as compared to other 'upside' bigs on the wire, unless you're in a shallow league.

Edited by Espoiral
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty underrated. After couple failed stream attempts at Robert Williams this yr, decided to add this guy for stable big man stats, hasn’t really been disappointed and solid enough where I just couldn’t really drop him lol. If you don’t mind low scoring, he’s a really great 3rd tier center to rd out your team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IDatDude said:

Pretty underrated. After couple failed stream attempts at Robert Williams this yr, decided to add this guy for stable big man stats, hasn’t really been disappointed and solid enough where I just couldn’t really drop him lol. If you don’t mind low scoring, he’s a really great 3rd tier center to rd out your team.

Is this REB production sustainable once Gordo comes back? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, clownsquad said:

Who would you rather have, Theis or Kevan Looney?  

Ac forum homie but since you’re new I got you, Theis. Looney has so many centers with him they can all have butt sex together, that rotation is about to be a disaster

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Flamez said:

Ac forum homie but since you’re new I got you, Theis. Looney has so many centers with him they can all have butt sex together, that rotation is about to be a disaster

 

On the contrary. Looney is the only NBA caliber player out of that group plus him and Kerr are pinky-swear close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

 

On the contrary. Looney is the only NBA caliber player out of that group plus him and Kerr are pinky-swear close.


Spellman and Chriss and wcs are all NBA caliber players, the question is tiers and to what degree and contribution. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anybody think Theis could be a Favors type producer?

 

10-8-1-1.5 type line with solid percentages and a 3 ball every now and then?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...