t0087669

Daniel Theis 2019-2020 Outlook

33 minutes ago, ThisIsSparta said:

Low key balling these past few weeks.

Yeah. I guess he is better than Thom Bryant. Problem is Celts is looking for a big man by trade :(

I love owning guys like Theis. Efficient, good rebounds and stocks. He can even hit threes here and there unlike WCS, Poeltl etc... He's sneakingly putting up top 70 numbers last month in 9-cat leagues. Lovely. Hopefully Celtics won't be able to get a center by the deadline.

Edited by fbbaddict
  • Like 1

he seems like a per min monster... only gets like 20 mins a game? rare stats. 

you think he'll be useful with kanter back. he wasn't a hot pick up when he was sharing the back court

11 hours ago, brosephd said:

you think he'll be useful with kanter back. he wasn't a hot pick up when he was sharing the back court

*front court

I think he'll be a low-end big, like before. Stevens prefers him over Kanter, but Kanter is playing well and they're on a timeshare.

8 hours ago, Basketboss21 said:

*front court

I think he'll be a low-end big, like before. Stevens prefers him over Kanter, but Kanter is playing well and they're on a timeshare.

Not to mention Robert Williams is coming back soon, who might steal a few minutes here and there

i love his efficiency and the for sure block each game. just feel like it might be short lived. 

2 minutes ago, brosephd said:

i love his efficiency and the for sure block each game. just feel like it might be short lived. 

He has been productive all season even when he was in a 3 way timeshare. Stevens clearly doesn't rate Kanter much and Williams has been hurt. If Boston acquires a big its over for him otherwise keep rolling

I have both Theis and Kanter.

When Williams is healthy, none of the 3 are playable.

When Williams is injured, both are playable.

So he returned today with a very nice line and 30 minutes. He was playing like a 12T guy before his injury and we now know that the Celtics haven't added another big man through trade deadline. Seems like they are empowering him for a role in which case he is a very nice pickup.

I'm tempted to pick him up as well but I don't know if the return of Williams will affect him. It was an ugly 3 man timeshare the last time around.

4 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

I'm tempted to pick him up as well but I don't know if the return of Williams will affect him. It was an ugly 3 man timeshare the last time around.

I just think as they get closer to playoff stretch they will have to settle on their two veterans. I don't think they really trust Williams with much playtime in playoffs so think they will settle on their 2 man timeshare of Theis/Kanter.

6 hours ago, Fantasyscrub said:

5 straight games without a block?

has one in this game so far (thats about it though )

Early foul trouble today. Hopefully he can save the line in the 2nd half. Anyone worried Time Lord will ruin his 12 team appeal? Theis has been super solid when getting 25 mpg. 

Edited by Supersonics
  • Like 1