mtx

Marcus Smart 2019-2020 Outlook

I cut this clown last week after being dead last in fg%. Of course he tears it up when i cut him. Hasnt done anything remotely close to this when i had him, but the VERY FIRST WEEK hes not on my team he kills it. The hell with this clown.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Smart or Curry? Whose man is this? Stop following him lol. 

Jay King is a Celtics beat writer, and he’s obviously joking lol.

• Like 2

I know this mfer wasn't the leading scorer on my team with harden playing 😂 what a beast 

5 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

might have to cut Mitch or Conley for this beauty 

Seems like there is always a Celtic out with injury. With Smart you always know he'll get plugged in wherever like a swiss army knife. Also, if i can't get my hands on high usage players, I always keep some guys I know will play hard and will be flying around all game.

2.8 3's and 2.2 steals a game in the last month is the result of that.

1 hour ago, hoopnking24 said:

Seems like there is always a Celtic out with injury. With Smart you always know he'll get plugged in wherever like a swiss army knife. Also, if i can't get my hands on high usage players, I always keep some guys I know will play hard and will be flying around all game.

2.8 3's and 2.2 steals a game in the last month is the result of that.

Hoopking is right on this.  He is the top backup for every starter except center.  This means he will always get minutes (24-30) and often big minutes.  You just have to ready for the occasional 1-10 game.  

1 minute ago, Blastoid said:

Hoopking is right on this.  He is the top backup for every starter except center.  This means he will always get minutes (24-30) and often big minutes.  You just have to ready for the occasional 1-10 game.  

100% his hustle and defense alone earn him plenty of minutes but when he's hot on offense brad has no choice but to keep him in.

This guy is ranked 33 in punt FG% builds, which is insane. Would love to sell high but I'll never get equal value to that. 

21 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

This guy is ranked 33 in punt FG% builds, which is insane. Would love to sell high but I'll never get equal value to that. 

Yep, I punt FG with D’Lo, Devonte, BroLo and Smart on the team. Their values exponentially rise 😍

3 hours ago, Eltoro said:

I've always wondered how you find players value based on league settings, categories, or punts. Is there a website you can add these different filters to the stats?

1 minute ago, hoopnking24 said:

I've always wondered how you find players value based on league settings, categories, or punts. Is there a website you can add these different filters to the stats?

This is the way....basketballmonster.com

• Like 2

Guy couldn't hit water if he fell off a boat

I'm looking to trade him just for that I can't be losing FG all the time with AD and others...

Just now, rage2021 said:

I'm looking to trade him just for that I can't be losing FG all the time with AD and others...

you should already know he is FG% killer

4 minutes ago, rage2021 said:

At this point in the season unless you somehow got him off the wire idk why anyone not punting FG% hasn't already made a move. I'm punting FG% and love this guy tho, very intelligent ball player. 

Yeah I'm trying to send flyers out and can't catch anything..might just drop him if there's a hot player on WW..aside from his FG his across the board line is nice

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, rage2021 said:

Yeah I'm trying to send flyers out and can't catch anything..might just drop him if there's a hot player on WW..aside from his FG his across the board line is nice

He has very solid mid round value for anyone punting FG%. Try and sell him to the team with one of the lower/lowest FG%s in your league, might have better luck that way!

4 hours ago, rage2021 said:

I also have him on my team which needs to win FG% every week. I usually decide to play him or bench him depending on if I need his steals and if I can afford a potential 1/10 shooting night to get them. Usually I'm fine playing him but it of course depends on the rest of your roster. The more FG anchors you have the more chucking you can tolerate. I know that people think we're dumb for having this guy on a team that needs to win FG% but honestly his FG wasnt really that bad last year, it regressed big time this year. Still a valuable player, though much more valuable on teams punting FG%.

4 hours ago, royalm said:

He has very solid mid round value for anyone punting FG%. Try and sell him to the team with one of the lower/lowest FG%s in your league, might have better luck that way!

Yeah this. I’m punting FG and rate Smart pretty highly. Those stocks are nice if you can tolerate the chucking.

Having him rostered while not punting FG% isn't ideal, but he still has value and mid-round upside if not punting FG%.  The damage isn't Devontae Graham bad -- he is averaging 11 FGA/gm.  

15 minutes ago, 80version said:

Having him rostered while not punting FG% isn't ideal, but he still has value and mid-round upside if not punting FG%.  The damage isn't Devontae Graham bad -- he is averaging 11 FGA/gm.  

I agree, he’s on my roto league roster and I am at the top of my league in FG% Surrounded him with anchors like Booker, Bam, Favors, Clarke. My team is usually over 50 percent FG even on nights Marcus can’t shoot

Wish I could see that play more closely. Definitely looked like that steal was thanks to Smart and not Jaylen Brown.

Edit: They just updated to credit Smart with the steal. Nice.

Edited by cbsholy