Sign in to follow this  
heyitsmattdelly

Spencer Dinwiddie 2019-2020 Outlook

Agree. He needs to come off the bench or he’s totally useless. 

6 hours ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

He's been a drop candidate based on his rankings this last month (16th round or so). But a big part of it has been his horrible FT shooting

And he had a horrible shooting slump.  I hope he can turn it around with Kyrie.  Still got some time before the FBB playoffs to sort things out.  Although yes, the only reason why he was rosterable with high usage with good FG% and scoring/assists as he doesn't steal very often. 

Levert needs to move to the starting line up and Dinwiddie plays as 6th man and plays the majority of his minutes with Kyrie off the court. 

If he stays in the starting 5 it's all over, drop city in 12 teams or less. 

1 minute ago, vnmslsrbms said:

And he had a horrible shooting slump.  I hope he can turn it around with Kyrie.  Still got some time before the FBB playoffs to sort things out.  Although yes, the only reason why he was rosterable with high usage with good FG% and scoring/assists as he doesn't steal very often. 

High usage yeah good fg% no. For where he was drafted around 95-105 range, owners got value.

2 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

High usage yeah good fg% no. For where he was drafted around 95-105 range, owners got value.

Yeah he was hot for a short while.  Anyway, I appreciate his good/decent play for first half of FBB.  Too bad now he's in drop zone.  He has been annoying me since he's too hard to trade, and now he should be dropped but I'll hold him until it seems like Kryie is going to be fully healthy. 

4 minutes ago, vnmslsrbms said:

Yeah he was hot for a short while.  Anyway, I appreciate his good/decent play for first half of FBB.  Too bad now he's in drop zone.  He has been annoying me since he's too hard to trade, and now he should be dropped but I'll hold him until it seems like Kryie is going to be fully healthy. 

Hold tight, today's game was over before the half. He was still playing well with Kyrie pre-injury.

i believe he is a hold in 12+ team leagues  While he will obviously not be the same player as when Kyrie was out, he is a solid player much in the same mold as Jason Terry but not as efficient.  He provides value with Kyrie on the floor and he provides significant value with Kyrie out.

17 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

i believe he is a hold in 12+ team leagues  While he will obviously not be the same player as when Kyrie was out, he is a solid player much in the same mold as Jason Terry but not as efficient.  He provides value with Kyrie on the floor and he provides significant value with Kyrie out.

That's true.  He was a decent player (not going to win you any leagues but good value for end of bench guy) with Kyrie playing.  I almost like it better if he can still get the opportunities with Caris Lavert back, since I felt he was getting fatigued being the number 1 guy.  His FG%, FT%, steals all started dropping big time.  That said, I believe he earned a lot of respect from his teammates throughout this early stretch with his leadership, which is why coach has kept him starting.  Lavert got his shots in the second unit.  I also don't mind if he increases his assists output and FG% playing next to Irving once he gets comfortable. 

Prime example of never get deluded / attached to a player. Should've sold high when had the chance.

• Like 1

It's not only today too he's been horrible from the FT line lately like someone who can single handedly hurt your %'s because he shoots them in volume and in my competitive league those are the differences in losing that cat. Gonna try to package him in a deal ASAP hopefully he puts some descent games together. 

On 1/13/2020 at 5:31 PM, Trench Mob said:

Prime example of never get deluded / attached to a player. Should've sold high when had the chance.

LOL believe me i tried.  Nobody got fooled.  and the Irving shadow didn't help.  I always felt he provided more value than his averages ranking showed, but right now he's actually hopeless.  just need to figure out how hardy Irving's shoulder really is.  Only time will tell 😔

3 games starting at shooting guard since Kyrie came back:

1/7/8

2/17/5

3/26/8

Sell high or hold? The ft still hurts, but minutes, 3s, points, and assists seems good.

23 minutes ago, PauGaSpurs said:

3 games starting at shooting guard since Kyrie came back:

1/7/8

2/17/5

3/26/8

Sell high or hold? The ft still hurts, but minutes, 3s, points, and assists seems good.

HOLD the gate!

Edited by dfstout

I don’t know why everybody is freaking out over Kyrie coming back. Dinwiddie will obviously take a hit, but he’s still very serviceable and especially roster-able in 10 team leagues. Plus I don’t buy the notion that Kyrie will play out the rest of the season. He wants to play with KD so bad I’m sure they will sit him down the line. 

Their offense ran much smoother with dinwiddie running the show without kyrie... trade kyrie...😂

37 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

So, with the latest Kyrie news, his vlaue should be great for ROS

top 40 ROS