Sign in to follow this  
nine9s

Anyone talk me out of starting Breida over Cooper in 1/2PPR

My starting WRs: Hopkins and Woods.  RBs: Barkely and Coleman.  Flex would be either Breida or Cooper.

With Cooper's injury I think he is very risky - fair chance he could leave game at any time.  Also Washington's run defense is poor, so I think Coleman and Breida combined would put up numbers equating to two RB2s and with both starting on my team, I would mitigate the risk of one producing most of their combined numbers. What I mean: I think combined they will get around 150+ total yards including receiving and rushing yards and 6 receptions and 1-2 TDs combined.  If that were evenly split, it would be ~13.5 points each which would be RB 2 numbers each but it might not be evenly split while still being around that total combined, and I would not have that risk since both starting on my team. So with that combined value even without Cooper's injury risk, the better average approach would be starting both of them vs one and Cooper and the injury makes it an easy choice

Anyone make a reason not to start both and instead Coleman and Cooper? 

Edited by nine9s

1 minute ago, Scott3705 said:

I'd 100 percent go with breida.  I am running him and coleman in one league.

Thanks.  It just feels strange starting two RBs on same team but I think it is actually a good strategy since one could go off but still combined they would put up good numbers averaged, so your team's scoring floor is raised with both, and both could go off giving you a high ceiling still. 

1 minute ago, nine9s said:

Thanks.  It just feels strange starting two RBs on same team but I think it is actually a good strategy since one could go off but still combined they would put up good numbers averaged, so your team's scoring floor is raised with both, and both could go off giving you a high ceiling still. 

You can do it with a Shanahan offense that is clicking.   In it's better days, Freeman and coleman were in the top 24 in ppr formats every week.  Same thing happening here with good matchups.

• Like 1