Monkeyking69

Kelly Oubre, Jr. 2019-2020 Outlook

Rotoworld updates are so frustrating. One update says he went through his pregame routine the next says he didn't 😕 Feel like this happens a lot with these contradictory blurbs

If he is out for season i guess is the most suitable end for my season as well. Owning Zion, Fox, Otto Porter, Russell, Bagley was not fun enough so I needed to trade for Oubre two days ago.

On 2/25/2020 at 5:39 PM, DemOrioles said:

It’s the most ridiculous shite I’ve ever seen.  This season is probably my last for fantasy basketball.  It’s not even fun anymore when you can’t have a single week without some BS injury or missed game.  It’s absolutely absurd.

Play fantasy baseball. You draft like 40 players.

• Haha 1

The guy has really cooled off statistically since that one game LA where he missed the bus and came off the bench. I think he either just needs some rest or there is some injury he isnt telling or didnt know about. I hope it's the former. In fact, he was flexing on the Jazz after a dunk in the last game, really seemed fine. Hope just need a little rest.

• Like 1

"Oubre was ruled out yesterday, and the lack of transparency here is semi-concerning. Williams said we can expect to get another update soon, but Oubre didn't do any work at shootaround or pregame and he was spotted sporting a sleeve on his right knee. Dario Saric will start until he gets back and there will be more minutes available for Cam Johnson."

was it supreme tho?

On 2/25/2020 at 6:39 PM, DemOrioles said:

It’s the most ridiculous shite I’ve ever seen.  This season is probably my last for fantasy basketball.  It’s not even fun anymore when you can’t have a single week without some BS injury or missed game.  It’s absolutely absurd.

lol with fantasy bball you either gotta get lucky with injuries and a couple late round breakout steals or be all the way invested into streaming and rotating through random waiver players on hot streaks on a semi-daily basis

I've seen guys win championships doing the latter, but they all tend to put way more time into this than most people with a fulltime job can afford to do lol

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, blazeh said:

lol with fantasy bball you either gotta get lucky with injuries and a couple late round breakout steals or be all the way invested into streaming and rotating through random waiver players on hot streaks on a semi-daily basis

I've seen guys win championships doing the latter, but they all tend to put way more time into this than most people with a fulltime job can afford to do lol

Gotta set them 3:07am ( Eastern time ) alarms to stream my players 🤷‍♂️

19 hours ago, Flamez said:

watching his coaches interview idk why but this has torn meniscus out for the year type of feel 

Felt that shittt in my bones

Edited by Flamez
  • Like 1

CameronJohnson might be good add?

1 minute ago, mchspd3 said:

so is he officially out for the year?

Best case scenario would be back in 6 weeks. 

Worst case 12 weeks. 

So looking at a 6-8 week timeline without surgery pretty much has him out for the rest of the season. 

With that said the other PHX guys like Mikal are already gone in my league, I think I'm going to roll the dice on Norman Powell. 

On a quick glance Normal can give me similar steals rate as Oubre with better percentages and a decent enough playoff schedule. Obviously half the rebounds though and a dip in scoring as hes probably a 4th option on offense. Just trying to make the best of a bad situation. Really feel like a i had a top 2 team in my league this year but these last few weeks have been so tough with injuries to Dame, KAT, and Oubre. 

• Like 1

One quick question for the rest of you, how long are you all waiting before making moves. Really don't want to jump the gun here and drop Oubre for Powell without having firm time table, but the risk of losing Powell on the wire is very high. I got that 6-8 week window simply from googling the injury. Should that be enough to make moves?

I have a 2 week bye coming up as we enter the playoffs but surely there is no way hes back in that time, let alone 3-4 weeks. Only thing holding me back is the fear of one of my opponents picking him up. 

Edited by AstroWorld

5 minutes ago, AstroWorld said:

So looking at a 6-8 week timeline without surgery pretty much has him out for the rest of the season. 

With that said the other PHX guys like Mikal are already gone in my league, I think I'm going to roll the dice on Norman Powell. 

On a quick glance Normal can give me similar steals rate as Oubre with better percentages and a decent enough playoff schedule. Obviously half the rebounds though and a dip in scoring as hes probably a 4th option on offense. Just trying to make the best of a bad situation. Really feel like a i had a top 2 team in my league this year but these last few weeks have been so tough with injuries to Dame, KAT, and Oubre. 

I was thinking the same on Powell. Depends on your build and what categories you need to win, but Powell would be a decent fill-in if you need to prioritize FG% and steals. Like you said he'll cost you rebounds in comparison to Oubre. Personally I think Kyle Anderson is an underrated pickup for stocks, rebounds, FG%, and low TOs. Plus he has nice SG,SF,PF eligibility, at least on Yahoo.

This has been a horrific stretch of injury luck lately -- for me personally I've lost KAT, Dunn, Clarke, Oubre, and Drummond, with 0 IL slots. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cbsholy said:

I was thinking the same on Powell. Depends on your build and what categories you need to win, but Powell would be a decent fill-in if you need to prioritize FG% and steals. Like you said he'll cost you rebounds in comparison to Oubre. Personally I think Kyle Anderson is an underrated pickup for stocks, rebounds, FG%, and low TOs. Plus he has nice SG,SF,PF eligibility, at least on Yahoo.

This has been a horrific stretch of injury luck lately -- for me personally I've lost KAT, Dunn, Clarke, Oubre, and Drummond, with 0 IL slots. 

Yea I have a build in which I need to win percentages, 3s, rebounds, steals, blocks, tos, and be competitive in scoring. So losing Oubres boards and stocks is a very big blow for me. However in recent weeks I have been able to stash guys like Wood, Johnson in Minn, and Nance. I'm also streaming Dieng for all around production (however this one hurt because i had to drop Hart (a good SG rebounder with decent %s and sometimes gets stocks)). Need J rich to get it together more than ever now. 

With all that said, I'm hoping that if I can get the 5s 3s and steals from Powell then I can really narrow down what my streaming slot has to do. Basically rotate guys who get boards and good percentages with decent stocks...so like bigs like Dieng. 

**** I did it. 

Dropped Kelly for Powell. 

It hurts, Kelly was one of my best this year. His strong play helped me make playoffs. 

This year I have lost Isaac and now Kelly to what I assume to be season ending injuries. 

Really really need Dame and KAT back by 3/16 to even have a chance at this title. 

Everyone post what you're doing - hold or drop and who you replaced him with. 

Between CAm and Dario Im gonna go Cam. Dropped my worst player for Dario initially but then dropped dario for Cam. He's as tall as Oubre and the suns were confidently starting bridges + oubre at the 3-4. I think it can work, especially since he's such a threat from 3. good luck guys

3 minutes ago, AstroWorld said:

**** I did it. 

Dropped Kelly for Powell. 

It hurts, Kelly was one of my best this year. His strong play helped me make playoffs. 

This year I have lost Isaac and now Kelly to what I assume to be season ending injuries. 

Really really need Dame and KAT back by 3/16 to even have a chance at this title. 

Everyone post what you're doing - hold or drop and who you replaced him with. 

I have noooo idea. I'm gonna drop, but I can afford to wait for the 2nd opinion. Picking up Powell last week and having Bridges softens the blow tbh.