Sign in to follow this  
Pyschout

Danny Green 2019-2020 Outlook

It remains to be seen who else the Lakers sign, but the chances are very low that Green isn't at least the fourth or fifth best player on the team, right?  Him and Kuzma are going to get a s--- ton of looks, and he'll be on the floor a lot for his D anyway.  He was one of those sneaky guys last year as a 1/1/1 , but could he get back to his 14-15 ranking (23)?  I very much doubt he even flirts with that, but his minutes could make him a top 50 player, maybe.

1 hour ago, Pyschout said:

It remains to be seen who else the Lakers sign, but the chances are very low that Green isn't at least the fourth or fifth best player on the team, right?  Him and Kuzma are going to get a s--- ton of looks, and he'll be on the floor a lot for his D anyway.  He was one of those sneaky guys last year as a 1/1/1 , but could he get back to his 14-15 ranking (23)?  I very much doubt he even flirts with that, but his minutes could make him a top 50 player, maybe.

Yeah, but drafting him anywhere near the top 50 means you're not getting any bargain price.  The only way I draft Danny Green is if I can get him in a late draft slot to make the gamble worthwhile. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Pyschout said:

No, usage isn’t his problem as he’s not a high usage player, and he had a green light in Toronto.  He played 27.7 MPG last season and I doubt he will play mid this season.  His problem is that a metrics based player such as himself is capped around 3rd round value and that one season was an outlier. Compare him to RoCo who I think is similar but RoCo has more steals.  Aside from injuries RoCo was a second round value last year but no one selected him there and I doubt anyone with a similar profile will be worth more than RoCo.  Another problem is that he’s not actually a true 1/1/1 player.   He got .9 SPG and .7 BPG last year which is too close to what other wings can do.  The problem with a metrics player is that 1.3 SPG/1.1 BPG is a huge difference in their z score rating but with variance irl it’s not that big of a difference so it’s a huge risk to take them.  The other problem is that he makes around 2.5 3PG which was huge in 2015 when the median was 1.1 but now the median is 1.5, it’s the same problem Klay has.  My prediction: 12 PPG/5 RPG/2 APG; 2.7 3PG/1.1 SPG/.9  BPG.  Overall ranking 50-75 making him a good steal as a sleeper but I wouldn’t invest heavily in him.  

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

Lakers needs Danny greens 3D ability on the court all the time, he will get his mins and stats and once again become that 1/1/1 fantasy glue guy for your team.

Edited by ber

hes done,he was losing time in finals to Powell cause they couldn't have him on floor,he was useless.his D is massively overrated

17 minutes ago, luapnor said:

hes done,he was losing time in finals to Powell cause they couldn't have him on floor,he was useless.his D is massively overrated

Done? Green finished the regular season pretty strong iirc.

53 minutes ago, luapnor said:

He finished the regular season as top 60 value for more than a month.  Admittedly there were stretches in the playoffs when he played poorly, particularly early on.  But I don't think people realize how much variance there is in a shooter who gets the majority of his points from threes and the majority of his total fantasy value from threes and stocks.  This is the guy who broke the record for most threes made in an NBA finals.  He was also on fire later in the playoffs this year and his performance was an X factor.  That said, I don't think he will crack the top 50 in fantasy next year, again because of inherent limitations in his style of play.

Havent seen a thread on here. Looks like he is a lock to start at SG and with LeBron and AD commanding a lot of attention, all he has to do is play good defense and knock down open 3s. Thoughts on what you expect his season to look like?

Should average 30+min a game and is arguably the 3rd option on the lakers. Expect him to put up some good numbers.

Danny green should be getting his fair share of open looks with the defense focus being bron and ad.. one more year to roll with danny

• Like 1

Hella underrated again.  Probably my favorite or close to favorite late round target past 100/120 range that can boost your 3's...

It's gonna be fun rostering this guy in my first Roto league in a minute.

• Like 2

He’s always been inconsistent af...but situationally...this is just too ideal this yr for him. 

Count me in for rollercoaster experience lol

Is he likely to stay a pretty important piece for the Lakers with their spacing? Of course, as we know, he's not going to be always swishing them at this rate.

1 minute ago, brickcitymamba said:

Is he likely to stay a pretty important piece for the Lakers with their spacing? Of course, as we know, he's not going to be always swishing them at this rate.

If you ever had stock in Danny Green, you’ll have some hot games like this sprinkled in with some ice cold games where he does nothing. Just enjoy the ride as he’ll give you top 100 value for the year.

But man, this boi is cookin right now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, snerpy said:

If you ever had stock in Danny Green, you’ll have some hot games like this sprinkled in with some ice cold games where he does nothing. Just enjoy the ride as he’ll give you top 100 value for the year.

But man, this boi is cookin right now. 

Probably gonna pick him up at MaximumDerrick's expense in a H2H league now. He looks a fun prospect for that format.

I get nostalgic about that top-15 season he had... this is the guy who taught me how to moneyball my way through fantasyland :''')

Still, he needs close to 30mins to make a real impact, and they'll probably keep him fresh for playoffs unless the team struggles early.

Monstrous game today. Looks like he's excelling as a floor spacer with two superstars drawing all the defensive attention.

• Like 1

Danny Green carrying Lebron's a** lol 

Welcome to the Danny green experience folks. 

Don’t be surprised if the next game he’ll drop 9 pts...always consistent stocks tho. Hopefully we see more peaks then valleys this, primed for a great yr

• Like 1