jfazz23

New York Yankees 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

CC was very good the first 4 years of his contract

Ok I exaggerated saying a couple considering he was a shell of his former self the next 7 years even though he had a bit of a little resurgence towards the end only because he would pitch mostly 5 innings every start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2019 at 9:33 PM, Thenewwildone8 said:

Sevy‘s stats in 2017 and 2018 say he’s an ace. 
 

2017: 193.1 IP 2.98 ERA 3.07 FIP 3.04 XFIP

2018: 191.1 IP 3.39 ERA 2.95 FIP 3.10 XFIP


 

 

I always thought Aces threw 220+ innings?

Those are nice #2 numbers.

Ace is subjective, I get it. But imo, there are only a select few out there.

Severin isn't there yet.

 

WILD, good to see you again.

Edited by HOOTIE
Added comment
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2019 at 6:16 AM, shakestreet said:

He is. Severino has the makeup to be an ace, also Paxton has the ability to become one too. 

Paxton? Man that's funny.

He's a nice 2nd, if you like 150 innings maybe.

And a career road era hovering near 4, where Safeco saved him.

I took a 10 minute peak in here, and it's nothing but homer city, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2019 at 1:34 PM, jfazz23 said:

  Plus, he  may HATE new york and not be able to handle it.  then you basically have Aj Burnett for 10 years.

 

 

Or Miami Mike.

The guy who never played a big game ever in Miami, few media, and 9,000 fans.

You see how he handed NY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2019 at 9:27 AM, The Big Bat Theory said:

I agree with the two posters above.  Voit is no flash in the pan.  He is the real deal.

The real deal is now 29, with only 200 PA once. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2019 at 6:46 PM, HOOTIE said:

Paxton? Man that's funny.

He's a nice 2nd, if you like 150 innings maybe.

And a career road era hovering near 4, where Safeco saved him.

I took a 10 minute peak in here, and it's nothing but homer city, lol.


what about German? Wonder what his status is?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2019 at 6:42 PM, HOOTIE said:

I always thought Aces threw 220+ innings?

Those are nice #2 numbers.

Ace is subjective, I get it. But imo, there are only a select few out there.

Severin isn't there yet.

 

WILD, good to see you again.

Good to see you too. Well Severino isn’t technically an ace anymore anyway lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think quite a few teams would be happy with the yankees rotation. Pair it with that bullpen and a lineup that will score 900+ runs again and yeah. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lindsey AdlerVerified account @lindseyadler
FollowingFollowing @lindseyadler
More

The Yankees have hired highly respected performance coach Eric Cressey to oversee their strength and conditioning and training departments. Cressey works with Max Scherzer, Corey Kluber, others.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mortl said:
Lindsey AdlerVerified account @lindseyadler
FollowingFollowing @lindseyadler
More

The Yankees have hired highly respected performance coach Eric Cressey to oversee their strength and conditioning and training departments. Cressey works with Max Scherzer, Corey Kluber, others.

 

This would seem to be big news considering they lead MLB in injuries last season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cressey is amazing.  That's a pretty big deal

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2020 Cy Young: Gerrit Cle

2020 MVP: Aaron Judge

2020 Comeback player: Giancarlo Stanton

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ecofolux said:

2020 Cy Young: Gerrit Cle

2020 MVP: Aaron Judge

2020 Comeback player: Giancarlo Stanton

As far as fan predictions go,  this actually isn't crazy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ecofolux said:

2020 Cy Young: Gerrit Cle

2020 MVP: Aaron Judge

2020 Comeback player: Giancarlo Stanton

LOL!  Stanton has to stay on the field to be a comeback player.  That won't happen.  He is starting to make Tulo in his day look like a sturdy workhorse by comparison. 

And no I don't see Judge being the MVP.  I like him a lot but he isn't at that level where he is head and shoulders above other really good players in the AL.  Well okay he is head and shoulders taller than them.  That I grant you.

Cole will be interesting to watch now that he is pitching in the AL East and it's hitter friendly parks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2019 at 5:42 PM, HOOTIE said:

I always thought Aces threw 220+ innings?

Those are nice #2 numbers.

Ace is subjective, I get it. But imo, there are only a select few out there.

Severin isn't there yet.

 

WILD, good to see you again.

Only 1 pitcher threw 220 IP last year. Only 4 threw 210 (One was Bauer and his 4.48 ERA) Times have changed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Stanton has to stay on the field to be a comeback player.

Judge needs to stay on the field to be the MVP. Only played 150 games one year out of three. Stanton's durability is on par with Judge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Ecofolux said:

2020 Cy Young: Gerrit Cle

2020 MVP: Aaron Judge

2020 Comeback player: Giancarlo Stanton

I'm good with this if the Yankees dont win the World Series. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 2ndCitySox said:

I'm good with this if the Yankees dont win the World Series. 

Then you better hope they win the World Series because that ain't happening.  No how no way does Judge beat out Mike Trout or even Bregman, Bogaerts, a healthy Lindor (if he stays in the AL), Semien or a dozen other players including NY's own Torres.  And obviously Stanton won't come back at all.  Cole is the only real contender of the three.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Then you better hope they win the World Series because that ain't happening.  No how no way does Judge beat out Mike Trout or even Bregman, Bogaerts, a healthy Lindor (if he stays in the AL), Semien or a dozen other players including NY's own Torres.  And obviously Stanton won't come back at all.  Cole is the only real contender of the three.

 

 

Spoken like a true redsox homer.  You have no idea that Stanton won't come back "at all"

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, 2ndCitySox said:

I'm good with this if the Yankees dont win the World Series. 

 

110 win team (maybe more, 116 record looks reachable) and a WS victory sounds about right.

Edited by jfazz23
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

Spoken like a true redsox homer.  You have no idea that Stanton won't come back "at all"

I felt the same way about Stanton in Miami so no "homer" talk here.  And that was when his power had some real value as in before the super juiced ball made even utility guys sluggers.  Come back player?  Eh, my money is probably on McCullers most likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

 

110 win team (maybe more, 116 record looks reachable) and a WS victory sounds about right.

162 wins or bust! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I don't believe any other baseball team had so many MVP candidates.  I'm not saying I'd bet on these guys to beat Trout for even money.  But all are possible.

1. DJ LeMahieu - Nobody really thought about this guy preseason, but he finished 4th in the league in MVP voting.  You never know.  He might repeat.

2. AAron Judge - Just needs to Stay Healthy, Potential 55+ HR power combined with patience, an OPS over 1.000 is doable.

3.Giancarlo Stanton - See above.  Maybe a little Less OBP skills.  

4. Gleyber Torres.  Only 23 years old.  Posted .870 OPS. One horrible month killed him.  (Maybe he was hurt).

5. Gio Urshela -  Nobody really thinks he can do what he did again but you never know.

6. Gary Sanchez.  A little more of a longshot (Catches generally wear down and get injured more) but not impossible. Has elite power and above avg defense.  

7. Gerrit Cole  - Not unheard of to give pitchers MVP and Cy Young.  With so much offense around baseball, it might just split up the vote and Gerrit wins.

Edited by KingJoffrey
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.