claptondecheeks

Jabari Parker 2019-2020 Outlook

I'm hoping they can find him some PT when Collins is back. He should be their starting 4, with Collins at 5. The usage will inevitably go down but his minutes hopefully dont 

3 hours ago, Crazycanto said:

I would joke that Collins should get caught with more HGH, but I own him too...

Just traded Jarret Allen and Danuel House to get on the Collins train. Choo choo. Until then, enjoying the production from Jabari.

8 hours ago, justaguy said:

I'm hoping they can find him some PT when Collins is back. He should be their starting 4, with Collins at 5. The usage will inevitably go down but his minutes hopefully dont 

This has been my hope with Jabari for the last 2 years — however this year it looks like he's gotten much better and is in better shape. He has a chance to solidify a good role even when Collins comes back.

9 hours ago, justaguy said:

Was already getting good run even with Collins playing. Hopefully the Hawks can contend for a playoff spot so he isn't dealt

18 minutes ago, Aloon33 said:

Was already getting good run even with Collins playing. Hopefully the Hawks can contend for a playoff spot so he isn't dealt

He's 24,  why would they deal a 24 year old potential stud blossoming? Just to have a team full of under 24 year olds?  Seems he could be a part of a young core. 

• Like 1

Glad I had reconsidered and dropped Paschall for him.

I am holding to see how it plays out when Collins comes back unless offered a worthy trade which I doubt because people know the situation. In Roto it’s fine because you can just ride his production all the way until Collins comes back and then sit him on he bench to see how it shakes out.

I wonder if he is in the Hawks plans now beyond this year seeing how well he is playing. He can still be fantasy useful if he gets around 25-28 minutes. He was getting around 22 minutes before Collins got suspended. So I think his play has warranted more minutes with Collins back. He will still be their third scoring option.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MynameisMudd said:

He's 24,  why would they deal a 24 year old potential stud blossoming? Just to have a team full of under 24 year olds?  Seems he could be a part of a young core. 

And he's already on his 4th team.....

2 minutes ago, Aloon33 said:

And he's already on his 4th team.....

And?  Sometimes guys are in the wrong systems and it takes a few to click.  I guess every player who ever excelled in the league excelled every stop along the way and showed from day one they would realize their potential.  Plus hes had tough injuries to contend with,  which I'm sure might have turned teams off to him. But not everyone who starts out injury prone ends that way. 

• Like 2

Anyone watching his games see a difference from him on defense? His stocks have been insane the past few games. He looks to be in much better shape in highlights I've seen, so maybe that's it. What a gem 

On 11/15/2019 at 10:53 AM, MynameisMudd said:

And?  Sometimes guys are in the wrong systems and it takes a few to click.  I guess every player who ever excelled in the league excelled every stop along the way and showed from day one they would realize their potential.  Plus hes had tough injuries to contend with,  which I'm sure might have turned teams off to him. But not everyone who starts out injury prone ends that way. 

Aka Oladipo. But I am still not entirely sold on Jabari. 

On 11/15/2019 at 8:11 AM, megaplayboy said:

so trying to sell high or package in a deal

I sold him for Mitch Rob recently.  Still not sure how I feel about it since, well, Jabari looks fantastic, and perhaps he has solidified a good role for himself even after Collins comes back.  Gotta try to be proactive though.  'Tis the name of the game.

20 minutes ago, Nica4two said:

I sold him for Mitch Rob recently.  Still not sure how I feel about it since, well, Jabari looks fantastic, and perhaps he has solidified a good role for himself even after Collins comes back.  Gotta try to be proactive though.  'Tis the name of the game.

I would take Mitch Robb for him in a heartbeat

23 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

Hope everyone sold high!  The train is leaving.

Could either be traded or still starting with Collins since he's been playing so well i prefer to keep Jabari for the long haul but thats just me, he fits my squad well.