claptondecheeks

Jabari Parker 2019-2020 Outlook

Jabari was playing well, their lineup should be

Trae huerter hunter Jabari Collins

pls don’t develop Alex len anymore, and Damian Jones too

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

it was a fun run

It has been but I don’t think it’s over quite yet. Just last week he put up 22 and 7 and the monster 33 and 14 game. A few more good ones are going to happen before Collins is back.

Everyone knows the situation so trade attempts are pointless now. I am still trotting him out until the end to see what happens after. Having the luxury of just sitting him on my bench in Roto those first few games helps.

Unless something pops up tho, nothing on my wire at this time is better than what he will give until then.

• Like 1

It's been a combination of blowouts and fatigue imo. They have played 8 games in 12 days (Nov 22nd-Dec 4th) with 2 b2b. Still once known as no stock Jabari has averaged 14.4/6.6/2.5/1.8 steals. They now have 3 days of rest, better days ahead.

Edited by DezedandConfused
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, heyitsmattdelly said:

Jabari was playing well, their lineup should be

Trae huerter hunter Jabari Collins

pls don’t develop Alex len anymore, and Damian Jones too

That could end up being one of the worst defensive lineups in the league. Would be fun to watch tho

7 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

That could end up being one of the worst defensive lineups in the league. Would be fun to watch tho

TBF no matter what lineup they put out their with their current roster, defense would not be their forte lol. They should just play like the Wizards, score 120 give up 140

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, stay_woke said:

They should try it, run and gun and outscore teams.

I actually think he might have some decent value coming off the bench.  Trae sucks up so much usage with the starters and Collins and Huerter will get their touches as well. The second unit is bereft of scoring options  so Jabari can thrive there. Keeping up the steals at least to some extent will be key though. His 2 steals a game this month have been amazing. 

Edited by Purple Hippo

4 hours ago, Purple Hippo said:

I actually think he might have some decent value coming off the bench.  Trae sucks up so much usage with the starters and Collins and Huerter will get their touches as well. The second unit is bereft of scoring options  so Jabari can thrive there. Keeping up the steals at least to some extent will be key though. His 2 steals a game this month have been amazing. 

You got Bembry Reddish in the second unit too. Reddish takes (and misses) all the shots that he can.

Watching the game right now, he is the focal point of the offense off the bench. When he was starting he would often be relegated to the corner waiting for the drive and kick from Trae.

This makes me hopeful he can retain value off the bench even when Collins gets back on Monday. Hopefully he can keep those stocks up.

• Like 5

Rotoworld blurb is pretty pessimistic about his outlook but i think jabari can hold onto a 6th man role even when collins is back. Time will tell

1 hour ago, claptondecheeks said:

Hope you guys are right

Same, otherwise he’s my first drop in 12.

Holding to see!

7 hours ago, RLDN106 said:

Same, otherwise he’s my first drop in 12.

Holding to see!

You kinda have to hold anyways bc he might be traded. IDK what teams he could go to though.

Was looking through Hawks articles and came across this quote by the coach:

"When we get John back we’ll be able to get [Jabari] back to that role, I think, where we can use him as a second pick-and-roll guy. We can also feature him against second-unit guys, and we can reduce his role a little bit...I want him to play all 82 healthy. He has an injury history…I want him to feel comfortable and I want him to feel fresh after every game."

Edited by claptondecheeks
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, fantasm said:

reduce his role????!?! shiiiiiiiiiiid.................

By that I hope he mean his minutes, to like 25ish. That would be ok with me if he's featured. Kinda didn't like to watch him play alongside Reddish bc Reddish is a ball hog.

• Thanks 1