claptondecheeks

Jabari Parker 2019-2020 Outlook

RIP Jabari. Thanks for your stats.

I'm hoping he gets traded to a team that gives him minutes...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fantasm said:

RIP Jabari. Thanks for your stats.

I'm hoping he gets traded to a team that gives him minutes...

RIP indeed it was fun while it lasted 

RIP Jabari... this thread should be closed ~~~~ It was fun while it lasted... I will always remember your 15 boards 6 ast game and 3 stocks (or something close to that)

5 hours ago, 4th and 9ers said:

Any hope of a revival with Trae out and the Hawks looking worse without him?

Lol when were they good with him? Did I miss something? Hawks are garbage 

27 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Lol when were they good with him? Did I miss something? Hawks are garbage 

Did I ever say they were good? Or are you having some trouble reading there?

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, 4th and 9ers said:

You said Hawks “look worse without him” hence implying they were better before or do you have trouble understanding?

1 hour ago, 4th and 9ers said:

Aha don't worry I understood what you were saying. 

With their current roster, I could see how they could be even worse by not playing him. Hawks might need his scoring with Trae out. Hard to say though because Collins was the reason why he fell off. 

• Like 1

Dang imma see how he does if he plays tonight i don't want to cut him just yet cause he's still pretty productive when he gets 20+ mins off the bench and idk if he will get traded or not. Can't really find another player like Jabari in the FA atm 

29 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

You said Hawks “look worse without him” hence implying they were better before or do you have trouble understanding?

Worse doesn’t imply they were ever good though. The Hawks were marginally better with Parker than without.

5 minutes ago, shiftysaj said:

Dang imma see how he does if he plays tonight i don't want to cut him just yet cause he's still pretty productive when he gets 20+ mins off the bench and idk if he will get traded or not. Can't really find another player like Jabari in the FA atm 

My thinking exactly. The wire is pretty thin and if you’re comfortably in a playoff spot near the top of the league, i think he’s worthy of hold given the potential upside.

He could also be traded soon too.

Edited by 4th and 9ers
  • Like 1

Is this guy a good stash?

Haven't heard ANY rumors about any teams being interested in him, but the Hawks are treating him as if they're going to trade him. I haven't heard even seen him being included in the other Hawks' trade rumors for Drummond or Adams.

Parker makes sense for a ton of teams. I'm not the foremost NBA expert but I feel like he could work for the Magic, Portland, Lakers... Man idk, but a lot of teams could use a guy with size, playmaking abilities, and shooting.

8 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Haven't heard ANY rumors about any teams being interested in him, but the Hawks are treating him as if they're going to trade him. I haven't heard even seen him being included in the other Hawks' trade rumors for Drummond or Adams.

Parker makes sense for a ton of teams. I'm not the foremost NBA expert but I feel like he could work for the Magic, Portland, Lakers... Man idk, but a lot of teams could use a guy with size, playmaking abilities, and shooting.

He said he would love to return to the Bucks but honestly he doesn't help playoff teams due to his horrible D. There is a reason hes bouncing team to team and coming off the bench

2 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

No.. wait for trade confirmation

i dont know, im still holding but i am skeptical cause the PF spot is jammed in Sac...

Marvin Bagley

Nemanja Bjelica

Anthony Tolliver

Jabari Parker

1 hour ago, fantasm said:

i dont know, im still holding but i am skeptical cause the PF spot is jammed in Sac...

Marvin Bagley

Nemanja Bjelica

Anthony Tolliver

Jabari Parker

Barnes plays some 4 too 

1 hour ago, StephonMarburysVaseline said:

Should we expect pre John Collins or post John Collins numbers in Sacramento?

I'm saying post, since there are so many PFs in Sac.  basically Knicks east, but Knicks would kill to have their talent. 

With the Bagely News what probably means out for season how is his outlook? Could get 30min once healthy and maybe deliver some nice stats? or is this too optimistic?

10 minutes ago, KB24MVP said:

With the Bagely News what probably means out for season how is his outlook? Could get 30min once healthy and maybe deliver some nice stats? or is this too optimistic?

Most likely a backup 4 role behind Bjelica. Giles will play the backup 5 behind Holmes. The 3 spot may be a bit too crowded with Barnes, Bogi, Bazemore competing.

Doesn't seem like 30 mins, unless Walton somehow starts him over Bjelica but I find that unlikely.

Where is the dude who argued he wouldn't get traded again because he is 24 lol this guy has talent but just can't stick to one team. I owned him when he was starting for Collins and he returned some good lines but injuries have ruined him

If you watch the Divac post deadline press conference it sounds like they want to give Jabari a decent look. They have been eyeing him for a while.  

If it turns out Bagley is out ROS then I can definitely see Jabari having value. 

I can see him and buddy being a nice one-two punch off the bench if walton continues to have buddy play the bench role. Even if he doesn't that means bogdan will come off the bench and is pretty good at setting up the bigs and an underrated playmaker. Jabari is a scorer at heart regardless though, he gets to rim with ease with his size & athleticism he avg's a nice 6.2 FGM & 50% from the field and thats including the downtrend post collins, he puts the ball in hoop period, i like him alot in H2H leagues. Bjelica is gonna continue to play the 4 spot because of his ability to hit the 3 and stretch the floor but Jabari can get pretty decent burn and turn in some nice lines off the bench like he did with the wizards last year. 

Side note: Jabari wants to play tonight but it's up to the medical staff to clear him, it would be fitting if he returns to old stomping grounds to make his debut in Milwaukee though 👀

“In today’s NBA, a lot of times we give up on players a little too soon,” Walton said. “There’s a reason he was the No. 2 pick. He’s a young man with a lot of talent and he knows how to play this game. It’s unfortunate he’s had the injuries, but we’re going to try to get him in with the group as quickly as possible and see what we have.”

• Like 1

If the minutes are there, parker will easily be ownable, mid early rounder like he was early season. Mins probably won't be there though, so he's just a bad gamble right now with a lot of superior waiver options showing up. Deep league 14 teamer I'd probably grab him if I could and see what happens. Bagley will ruin his value, but I'm not worried about bjelica because at least in my opinion, parker is much better than bjelica, without question. 

Edited by johnval1362