Code of Hammurabi

Blake Griffin 2019-2020 Outlook

3 hours ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

If i offered draymond green would you blake owners take him?

No. Good joke though

Honestly I’ve always loved Griffin hence why I drafted him. I also thought he might keep it going from last year... but then I read he was injured AFTER my draft so I was a bit weary. Well it’s been quite a few games since he’s been back and quite frankly he seems like a totally different player. He just seems over it all. 

I think there is the possibility of him getting traded, but it all depends on how well the Pistons do. I also think he gets out of this slump to string together a few games which is when I would look to sell. My issue is that you can’t drop a guy like Griffin, but he also won’t be easy to sell especially if you’re in a competitive league. I would look to wait it out and the second he goes on a tear see what offers you can field. You can also use him as a trade kicker to make a deal if the other owner is on the fence. .... all of this goes out the window if he gets injured though & there is a high probability of that unfortunately.

He’s developed passions other than basketball. He’s ventured off into comedy & will soon have his own special on Comedy Central.

Maybe his mind isn’t all there right now on the court & add the injury. Could all be factors. 

Someone give me some optimism on BG. I had a trade lined up to ship him out but I thought at the time it was too much now the other owner is scoffing at the same trade. Hindsight stings lol 

4 minutes ago, ShowTyme said:

Someone give me some optimism on BG. I had a trade lined up to ship him out but I thought at the time it was too much now the other owner is scoffing at the same trade. Hindsight stings lol 

I watched him play against dallas and he looked terrible out there.  No lift, no speed, no athleticism whatsoever.  He's lost all passion for the game and the injuries have derailed him.  He just camps at the three point line and shoots jumpers which clank off the rim most of the time.  He doesn't want to be out there anymore

oh sorry you wanted me to be optimistic lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

it's like he's only playing basketball cause the franchise is paying him to do it. no passion. he's just there.

Not returning in the second half due to knee soreness. Easily my worst draft pick in years 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

Man, took them long enough to get him out of there. He hasn’t looked good at all this season and the more he’s played, the more it looks like the knee he got surgery on got re-aggravated.

Annnnnddd there goes any chance of selling at all. Dude is so washed and injuries will keep derailing him. I would hate to drop him but he’s looking like he will be more of a headache to own. 

9 hours ago, Sosa said:

Would u guys take Hayward ? 

Before this injury, you better took it and run. After this injury, you better took it and run and don’t even answer anymore messages from the guy you just robbed from.  

• Haha 2

He looks like he's forgot how to even play. One move is spin to the basket & miss.Never again...

1 minute ago, t0087669 said:

Any update with this dude? Are we looking at 1-2 games absence or longer?

Questionable for tomorrow, unless other news comes out about his injury being worse than expected he’ll be playing at some point in the next week

Edited by m1dday

He's on a better contract than Kevin Love (one year shorter), and if he's healthy and gives a **** he's probably still a better player. 

The Pistons need to decide what to do with Drummond (and by extension, the state of their roster and whether to blow it up) over the coming months. If i'm Detroit i'm looking to move Andre and test the waters for Blake. It will be interesting to see what they do.

11 hours ago, ItzJaBoiSam said:

Christian Wood is lurking around on my wire. You guys know if this clown is getting shut down soon?

I would scoop Wood up as insurance. Griffin just had an MRI so If things don’t look good he will be an elite pickup.