lbjames6

Christian Wood 2019-2020 Outlook

Posted (edited)

Jesus christ , the new years has brought upon us so much hostility. Cmon gentlemen & women... we’re so much better than that. Let’s try and uplift each other, and have positive dialogue with one another. Yeah we sometimes let our emotions get the best of us, I’ve been guilty of that myself plenty of times. But this is our community and we should be more respectful and courteous to each and every member. Doesn’t matter if your post count is 3 or 3,000 . 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Jesus christ , the new years has brought upon us so much hostility. Cmon gentlemen & women... we’re so much better than that. Let’s try and uplift each other, and have positive dialogue with one another. Yeah we sometimes let our emotions get the best of us, I’ve been guilty of that myself plenty of times. But this is our community and we should be more respectful and courteous to each and every member. Doesn’t matter if your post count is 3 or 3,000 . 

Or just enjoy people arguing. That's way more fun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

Watch games = anecdotal, how do you know I don’t? I preach watching games coupled with statistics 

“he told people pick up chriss” = and? I said pick him up and see if the minutes stick because every time he gets above 20 plus this year he’s putting up great lines = still true 

He hyped Nunn = for good reason, he was a top 50 to 80 play for nearly 2 months, he was even amazing a week and a half ago before dragic came back, he’s a drop candidate when dragic is healthy.

I’ve also done the following:

told people to pick up Barton 

told people to pick up McRae

told people to drop Derrick white two weeks into the season while many were hanging on for dear life 

told people not to sell jokic in November, nor jrue holiday 

told people not to drop PJ Washington 

told people to pick up Melton

told people not to drop or trade Jaren Jackson in early November

told people to stream divincenzo 

told people thybulle isn’t going to do **** before the season started

told people poeltl is not a long term pick up

told people Theis is not a long term pick up 

told people looney sucks 

told people Simons is not going to amount to much this season but has me intrigued 

told people not to draft Mitch Robinson 

told people not to draft Aaron Gordon 

told people TJ Warren, lamb, and oubre are fantastic values based on their draft position.

I’ve also made bad calls:

I told people not to draft luka 2nd round because of the potential variance, I said he’s just as likely to be a top 10 guy as he is top 50 due to percentages.

I don’t have an issue being wrong, I’m here to help people and provide insight. The difference is I’m willing to support predictions and opinions with observation and stats and scouting reports and highlights and go out on a limb because it also helps myself make informed decisions as well as others (hopefully).

Bro you took this guy to school and he hasn't responded since 😂

Anyway, thanks for your detailed analysis/input bro. I appreciate the insight and I'm sure the next guy does as well 👌

11 hours ago, RunCMC said:

I mean to Lifshitz’s credit....the other guy didn’t contribute anything to this thread and came and insulted the man for no reason 🤷🏻‍♂️

Dickheads like that should be called out 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, ItzJaBoiSam said:

This is the worst thread ever.

Is Wood ever gonna ball or nah?

Thread has been very interesting and pretty insightful. You have arguments for both sides presented pretty damn well lol...There is no easy answer for Wood, just gotta take bit and pieces of info from both sides and make your own call here.

IMO he’s worth owning in a 12 teamer at the very least. You have got to have crappier guy on roster then this...that said, I don’t think he’s going be anybody fantasy savior. If opportunity presents itself and he can return top 100 value, I’ll be happy. Doesn’t sound that unreasonable? 

Edited by IDatDude
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, raggi01 said:

Idk whether to keep him or drop him for sekou, this is so difficult

I'm also having this issue smh

I’ve got Wood. Monitoring Sekou for now, as it’s harder to find quality PF/C off the wire. 

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

your post history is funny skimming over it.

you literally write the same three things in every thread, not a single time have you made a solid recommendation or write up (couldn’t really take looking at duplicate garbage after the first two pages):

”stocks god emoji emoji emoji”, ”5 stocks emoji emoji”

”good in punt build emoji emoji” 

“bum juice emoji emoji”

you write like a 12 year old girl who just got her first cellphone from her parents

Glad to know I'm living rent free in your head to the point that you'd go and check my post history. Hope you found them entertaining. 😂

My apologies for not having the desire to write 1000 word essays about Eric "14ppg ranked outside the top 200" Paschall and Kendrick "Mcgruder" Nunn. 

Looks like my short write ups are much more valuable then the theses you continue to write. 🤗

Edited by taenggg

20 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

This idea of “he’s been on 5 teams they know something we don’t” is a weak argument.

multiple teams also passed up on Steph curry and klay thompson and kawhi, they must know something we don’t.

richaun holmes has been on 3 teams, Whiteside has been on 3 teams.

Fantasy doesn’t discriminate, stats are stats and outlooks change depending on situations.

Which teams passed on Kawhi, Curry and Thompson?  If you are taking about draft, it is a fair point only to certain extent.  Every team has hit or miss jackpot in the draft. 

Holmes sent Dedmon to the bench, Whiteside forced his way into starting 5.  Wood could not pass 9 min mark an excellent Sixers and Hornets teams

1 hour ago, taenggg said:

Glad to know I'm living rent free in your head to the point that you'd go and check my post history. Hope you found them entertaining. 😂

My apologies for not having the desire to write 1000 word essays about Eric "14ppg ranked outside the top 200" Paschall and Kendrick "Mcgruder" Nunn. 

Looks like my short write ups are much more valuable then the theses you continue to write. 🤗

Thanks for contributing entertainment value in this thread. The incredible burn by @Lifschitz would not have existed otherwise :lol:

I’m curious if there are any historical comps with Wood’s shot selection. All the guy shoots is putbacks to 10 fters and threes. I guess that’s how he can shoot 60% from the field and still contribute a three a game.

7 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

I’m curious if there are any historical comps with Wood’s shot selection. All the guy shoots is putbacks to 10 fters and threes. I guess that’s how he can shoot 60% from the field and still contribute a three a game.

A taller Marion with a better looking shot aesthetically lol 

I have Wood because I'm a sucker for per-36 monsters, but also tempering expectations. I just don't really see a huge incentive for the Pistons to develop Wood and have him blow up, unless they're confident they can resign him and be more than a role player for next season. Imagine that they unleash Wood, and the Pistons GM and Casey have this conversation at the end of the season:

GM: How do you think Thon developed over the season? Can he be a good role player? Is he at least worth the qualifying offer for next season?

Casey: I dunno, I sat his a** in favor of Wood and never gave him consistent minutes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

GM: Okay, how about Wood? His contract expired and he's now an unrestricted free agent. Should we try to get him to come back?

Casey: He performed really well when I gave him a bunch of minutes! Other teams would be interested in him, so he might get really expensive though. Let's hope we can keep him. Derp.

GM: 😡

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

No usage whatsoever when Derrick Rose is out there. Man shoots every single possession. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Supersonics said:

No usage whatsoever when Derrick Rose is out there. Man shoots every single possession. 

yeah I pointed this out on the previous page (lost in the heap of crap) and said wood will be better served in the starting unit and needs to play alongside Brown, because Rose plays for his points.

Rose plays an extremely selfish brand of basketball. He’s effective at scoring still off the bench but cares very little for getting the second unit going as a whole. He doesn’t run an offense. I see guys set up outside for him in 5 out spacing to give him room to isolate and it’s like wiggins - he’ll either pull up for a contested shot or drive into multiple defenders and try something acrobatic.

These games are a write off for me, with the Drummond Rumours heating up, Rose is likely going to get shipped out as well to a contender. So it’s a matter of day to day or week to week now, as opposed to waiting until March. They will expedite the tanking process, especially with Griffin being a shutdown candidate.

It definitely sucks seeing him rot away on the bench with the starting spot up for grabs in the mean time. 

Edited by Lifschitz

So why he isn't playing tonight?  Is rookie Doumbouya the reason? Or maybe because he is a journeyman on his 5th team with expiring contract?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kendanc said:

Man did he bang Casey's wife or some ****. This is ridiculous 

for real

Posted (edited)

he just got subbed for Doumbouya again (and scolded by Casey). To be fair though, every time he's stepped on the court tonight Warriors have gone on a 10-0 run lol

Edited by doomz
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, doomz said:

he just got subbed for Doumbouya again (and scolded by Casey). To be fair though, every time he's stepped on the court tonight Warriors have gone on a 10-0 run lol

True. But his per 36 are awesome. Must own.