lbjames6

Christian Wood 2019-2020 Outlook

24 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Added. 

Just now, Johnnyapplebot said:

1 minute has passed he got owned by AD. Dropping.

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

41 minutes ago, m1dday said:

Wood against AD and Doumbouya against LeBron? Talk about trial by fire lmao

Lmao they're really throwing the younguns into the deep end

6 minutes ago, chickennuggets said:

Not a good day at the office so far. Hopefully Casey sticks with him.

Casey chose the worst possible matchup to pull these shenanigans

19 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

Casey chose the worst possible matchup to pull these shenanigans

I feel like he's just using this to teach the younguns what they should aspire towards. At least I hope so man. I need this dude to start blocking some shots mini AD style

9 minutes ago, chickennuggets said:

I feel like he's just using this to teach the younguns what they should aspire towards. At least I hope so man. I need this dude to start blocking some shots mini AD style

Except isnt Christian Wood like 2 years younger than AD?

43 minutes ago, justaguy said:

Except isnt Christian Wood like 2 years younger than AD?

Yep - sekou clearly the player to own here. Wood was getting handled all game. Didn't look good there at all.

7 minutes ago, chickennuggets said:

Yep - sekou clearly the player to own here. Wood was getting handled all game. Didn't look good there at all.

Both looked b$tchy in this game if you ask me.

Just now, NBA_OG said:

Both looked b$tchy in this game if you ask me.

Awful matchups for both but sekou had the defensive chops all game. Wood looked lost out there.

Bad matchup either way. I'm holding wood for now - they have the Cavs twice and the bulls once. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets benched again for svi, though, especially against a smaller lineup like the Cavs.

• Like 1

Gonna drop once Norm comes off the IL. If I didn't have GPIII burning a roster spot rn I would've dropped him to pick up Exum.

One thing that’s concerning is just how little they respect him on offense, Casey doesn’t have plays set for him, I’m watching games and he’s reading and reacting himself and trying to create his own chances, he shouldn’t have to do that in a proper system. I saw several pistons players look lost offensively and run into each other’s routes and get confused and try to find an open space to run to, this is a sign of a poorly constructed offence where players don’t understand where they’re supposed to go. 

when he gets big volume this year he’s had some huge lines, so right now the only thing keeping that hope alive is a Drummond trade, if that doesn’t happen or they bring back another able big to compete with him for the starting C spot, he’s not nearly as alluring, especially because I don’t trust this coach whatsoever.

Just now, RLDN106 said:

Wow...ok...i mean...Wood it be possible for Christian now?

• Like 1

So bummed. My league has a 3 transaction limit and I’d used up all of mine last week for streaming. Both Sekou and Wood were on the wire and was just hoping they’d be available by Monday morning. Both got picked up Sunday evening right before the Detroit game. Sadness.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, RLDN106 said:

this news is way more important for Sekou, not Wood. When Markieff returns you bet your a** Casey is going to love him some Kieff and sekou at the 4. We need Drummond out the way and then it’s full bore, I don’t think the sekou wood Drummond lineup is all that appealing.

Griffin has been out for a while now and wood isn’t the guy who benefitted, kieff and sekou did.

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

this news is way more important for Sekou, not Wood. When Markieff returns you bet your a** Casey is going to love him some Kieff and sekou at the 4. We need Drummond out the way and then it’s full bore, I don’t think the sekou wood Drummond lineup is all that appealing.

Griffin has been out for a while now and wood isn’t the guy who benefitted, kieff and sekou did.

Can’t hurt to own both and see how it plays out!

Picked up both wood & sekou one of these mfers gotta blow up but with my luck it'll probably be Tony snell or some bs 🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, RLDN106 said:

Can’t hurt to own both and see how it plays out!

I pushed this in the sekou thread and this one.

I own both in one league and just dropped Wood in another for Kanter (he’s beasting) as I’m betting he doesn’t get picked up despite all the hype. Sure, he’s had a massive ownership jump recently with a 24 percent boost, but he’s still under 30 despite the recent hype. I’ll take the odds that I can get him back closer to when Drummond gets traded and/or he shows more consistency and gets more shots. The minutes have been there, but I really don’t like how he’s being used, they don’t run any PnR for him if he’s next to Drummond, and when he’s off the bench he has to watch Rose score. So you’re stashing hoping for a single thing to happen. 

It’s not a question of talent, the dude can score, but he’s not even involved.

in the big games he’s had this year they’ve fed him the ball and Drummond wasn’t playing or it was a blow out, but this is not a fantasy friendly system like say Memphis or the Wizards that play at a top 3 pace each (Detroit is 21st in pac), the shots are really split across various players on the roster, and only two guys get to take the bulk of the shots.