lbjames6

Christian Wood 2019-2020 Outlook

Just now, SicarioSanity said:

Sneaky pickup because of the Drummond to CHA rumors? He is also low key producing lately. Thoughts?

what drummond to Charlotte rumors (please dont cite some irreputable source)..

Anyone else stashing this guy? Even if the Pistons keep Griffin and Drummond, or if both stay healthy, Wood still has a viable path to 25 minutes by outplaying Markieff Morris who is playing like straight a**.

52 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Anyone else stashing this guy? Even if the Pistons keep Griffin and Drummond, or if both stay healthy, Wood still has a viable path to 25 minutes by outplaying Markieff Morris who is playing like straight a**.

Been watching him for sure.. Hes a run dont walk guy tho I feel with 20-25 mins in 12 teamers or bigger

Edited by wiz

I feel like a lumberman with all the cheap bigs I'm stashing. This guy is right there on the roster bubble in my 12 team roto. I just don't feel it with his variable but still average PT being too low for my taste. I don't want to sign, then drop, then clue someone else into his upside!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, wiz said:

Been watching him for sure.. Hes a run dont walk guy tho I feel with 20-25 mins in 12 teamers or bigger

The more the Pistons lose, the more Casey will be pressured to make personnel changes to try and salvage the season. Looking at the roster and how guys are playing, the only logical step to take is to give Wood more pt at the cost of Markieff Morris' minutes

5 hours ago, rando said:

I feel like a lumberman with all the cheap bigs I'm stashing. This guy is right there on the roster bubble in my 12 team roto. I just don't feel it with his variable but still average PT being too low for my taste. I don't want to sign, then drop, then clue someone else into his upside!

You might need to hold on to him all season before the stash pays off or it might pay off tomorrow.

His per-minute stats are incredible, he's mo wagner like with way more blocks and worse FT%. 

Their team is pretty bad, but pretty bad in the East can still get you in the playoffs. Casey scares me. At least he jumped ahead of Maker. He should be backing up two positions, he's very versatile and can handle/push the ball. Give him 12-15 min behind Drummond and another 10 minutes behind Griffin, I don't see why that's so difficult. He's already way better than Marqueef. This guy is a gem with at least 20-25 min.

I'm debating the stash just to sit on it and see what happens. If they lose some more, maybe Casey gets canned, maybe Drummond gets traded, who knows. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

The more the Pistons lose, the more Casey will be pressured to make personnel changes to try and salvage the season. Looking at the roster and how guys are playing, the only logical step to take is to give Wood more pt at the cost of Markieff Morris' minutes

You might need to hold on to him all season before the stash pays off or it might pay off tomorrow.

i'm sure he'll find plenty of minutes to play, but that won't happen because Wood is supposed to help the Pistons salvage the season.
Although his game is super fantasy-friendly, his real life impact is questionable. But yeah, better than Thon Maker i guess.

Edited by doomz

1 hour ago, doomz said:

i'm sure he'll find plenty of minutes to play, but that won't happen because Wood is supposed to help the Pistons salvage the season.
Although his game is super fantasy-friendly, his real life impact is questionable. But yeah, better than Thon Maker i guess.

Not that he would salvage their season but when teams that don't want to tank are on the precipice of wasting the season, coaches start taking shots to see if there's anything that can help them start winning. Unless they make a trade, playing Wood is that move.

Also, look at Markieff Morris. He played ~30 min the other day and was like -28 on the +/-, while Wood played like 12 min and had a positive +/-. It's not like I'm saying they should play him over Griffin bc Griffin is sucking this year.

Seeing this guy's stats when he gets 20 minutes gives me Wood. When will the penny drop and Casey unleashes him to just 20 mins a game? watchlisted for sure.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Kamura said:

Seeing this guy's stats when he gets 20 minutes gives me Wood. When will the penny drop and Casey unleashes him to just 20 mins a game? watchlisted for sure.

casey LOVES bad vets over young talent. He has a really poor eye when it comes to evaluating which young players on his team are outperforming everyone, it plagued him when he was our coach in Toronto.

dont get your hopes up, the other day wood had a big line in 15 min, the next day Griffin sat and Casey decided to play Markieff Morris 34 minutes and wood a couple of minutes. It’s mind boggling.

He’s got this boomer NBA oldschool approach where he categorizes players based on age and thinks they need to earn their stripes for several years before they get serious playing time, those coaches don’t last  long today.

the best you can hope for is he gets canned, or they trade someone away (unless an injury happens), otherwise I don’t foresee wood having a larger minute role all year until maybe March or April, all because of casey.

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Put up a better stat line in 20 minutes than Griffin has since his return.

Get a clue Casey. 

Edited by DiscoNinja33
edit

Blowout special, but he definitely needs to eat up whatever minutes Thon Maker is playing.

Also, looks to be a good stream for whatever day Blake decides to take off in the coming week. Pistons have a b2b coming up so it'll be another chance for Wood to have big playing time.

Seen this RT on my timeline

I gotta find the full quote or context in which this was said bc maaaaan lol 

I figured he’s one of those players who is better in fantasy than in real life but I was surprised to see him leading the Pistons in +/- 

W the Pistons having a back to back on Tuesday/Wednesday I’ll be picking him up tonight to see if this performance has earned any trust w Casey 

6 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Going off right now.

Anyone have eyes?

he was a pleasant surprise towards the end of the season last year with the whole davis fiasco in NO.. he is a lot better than thon maker, so there must be a reason he has been shipped around the league..

2 hours ago, kilslo said:

I figured he’s one of those players who is better in fantasy than in real life but I was surprised to see him leading the Pistons in +/- 

W the Pistons having a back to back on Tuesday/Wednesday I’ll be picking him up tonight to see if this performance has earned any trust w Casey 

Wow that’s not a very nice thing to hear your coach say about you lol

3 hours ago, kilslo said:

He really is way better in fantasy than real life, Terrence Jones style. But you cannot be saying that for your player after a 28/10 game. it's crazy.

4 hours ago, kilslo said:

Sounds a little better when you hear it. I think he's talking more about how he plays the game, instead of playing for himself maybe play more for the team? Who really knows what's happening off court with them, though. Wood was kept for a reason so let's hope to see his role grow.

Edited by m1dday
  • Thanks 2

Yeah they were actually pretty positive comments from the coach and the 5 different teams comment doesn't sound anywhere near as bad as the tweet did. 

32 minutes ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

Yeah they were actually pretty positive comments from the coach and the 5 different teams comment doesn't sound anywhere near as bad as the tweet did. 

I agree.

It sounds more like he's complimenting him than insulting him, because that tweet was misconstrued and didn't add that he said "because he's a very talented". He's saying if he carried himself correctly he would stick with a team because his talent alone warrants being on a team. 

This is where we're not privy to all the information. Maybe he's showing a bit of attitude, maybe he's not showing up to practice on time or early or staying late, maybe its being stubborn and lacking discipline when a coach is trying to give instructions and he's doing something else, so little things like that which are beyond the vision of fantasy enthusiasts are entirely possible.

• Like 1