lbjames6

Christian Wood 2019-2020 Outlook

4 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Idk about Sekou. Way too raw. 5 PF/36 and he fouled out last night. I’d pump the brakes a little.

Man was matched up against Lebron and AD, of course he would struggle lol hes a rookie with massive upside. Pistons stink and hes playing big minutes I dont know what else people want 

• Like 1

Get both if you can.  I had picked Wood up with news of the Drummond trade and really wanted Doumbouya too, but hesitated even this morning when I had the chance.  He was just picked up by the owner that dropped Blake for him.

Sekou is getting more minutes over the last three.  I am not being sarcastic but how is Wood the obvious pick and Sekou the stash?

I don't think it's obvious by any stretch.  We know Woods can put up numbers when given playing time and it looks like Doubouya's game is very fantasy friendly as well.  I like Sekou's 3's and usage while on the court, but banking on Woods having more blocks, which is more important for my team build.  Either way, we don't know if Drummond will get traded, we don't know if Griffin will completely shut it down, we don't know if Morris will take most of Sekou's minutes away when he's back on the court.  Just rolling the dice...

10 minutes ago, crocp said:

I got a Woody!

That's definitely gotta be the first time that joke has been made. Good work!

Posted (edited)
On 1/5/2020 at 8:27 AM, Gile Pile said:

If Bruno Fernando is a threat to playing time then he must be second coming of prime Kareem...

If a trade happens where they get a young promising big under a friendly contract in return, then that would be a threat to Wood’s value. If the value they bring to the team (on and off the court) is remotely comparable, there’s every incentive to develop the player that’ll stick around for sure.

It wouldn’t take Wood << Bruno for Wood to be threatened for playing time, as you have suggested sarcastically. Personally I don’t feel as optimistic as the fantasy writers and some of the posters here and that the risks are understated, but it’s also fine to agree to disagree.

Edited by darkyume
  • Like 1

Curious as to why every one is writing him off if someone young and promising comes, isn't wood only 24? He's young himself

38 minutes ago, raggi01 said:

Curious as to why every one is writing him off if someone young and promising comes, isn't wood only 24? He's young himself

Seriously, haven't the previous posts covered this enough?

Also, realistic expectations =/= writing him off. He's a low risk and potential high reward stash, and the subject of debate is how clear his path to minutes are when/if Drummond is traded.

Not sure I understand the hype for this guy but I'll keep an eye out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TeamSmexy said:

Is he the add here or Sekou after Blake Griffin news?

If i had a choice i'd take Sekou.   He was already scooped in my leagues so im taking a flier on Wood.

17 minutes ago, TeamSmexy said:

Is he the add here or Sekou after Blake Griffin news?

I think Wood will be better than Sekou IF Drummond is traded, but as of now, Sekou is better because he should start at PF.

Went to grab Wood and just saw PJ Washington got dropped and it made my quick decision a little trickier smh

7 minutes ago, kendanc said:

Think he has a better ROS outlook than Brandon Clarke?

No. Brandon Clarke has legit stud potential when he gets unleashed.

Wood over the last 2 weeks with 24 mpg is ranked 165 in 9-cat. Clarke, in the same duration, with lesser minutes at 21 mpg is ranked 86.

Clarke all day, by a margin.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nazyef said:

Went to grab Wood and just saw PJ Washington got dropped and it made my quick decision a little trickier smh

I would grab PJ Washington over Wood. I am not that sold on Wood. He looks clueless out on the court and has been a journeyman for a reason.

• Like 2

Agree with Clarke over Wood.  We've pretty much seen what PJ can offer this year, I think Wood's ceiling can be higher than PJ, but he needs a Drummond trade.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RAGINGROOSTER said:

I would grab PJ Washington over Wood. I am not that sold on Wood. He looks clueless out on the court and has been a journeyman for a reason.

Journeyman is a moot irrelevant point, you probably missed on Richaun Holmes because of the same argument

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Journeyman is a moot irrelevant point, you probably missed on Richaun Holmes because of the same argument

Richaun Holmes is one success story out of many journeymen that has amounted to being a mediocre player. I have been watching Wood play and I just don't think he has the tools to breakout like Holmes. We shall see though.

11 minutes ago, RAGINGROOSTER said:

Richaun Holmes is one success story out of many journeymen that has amounted to being a mediocre player. I have been watching Wood play and I just don't think he has the tools to breakout like Holmes. We shall see though.

whiteside