lbjames6

Christian Wood 2019-2020 Outlook

Starting to feel he’s not as much of an attractive stash as I hoped.

You’re pretty much banking on a Drummond trade without a half decent big coming back in the deal, and that is if Casey doesn’t play Morris/Thon over him. Not to mention the lack of plays run for him whenever he gets PT.

Sekou Is the more sure thing and I’d say Wood isn’t a must-hold. Yes if you can afford to, sure. But right now I have a lack of guards and I’m about to drop him for Powell lmao

9 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

Starting to feel he’s not as much of an attractive stash as I hoped.

You’re pretty much banking on a Drummond trade without a half decent big coming back in the deal, and that is if Casey doesn’t play Morris/Thon over him. Not to mention the lack of plays run for him whenever he gets PT.

Sekou Is the more sure thing and I’d say Wood isn’t a must-hold. Yes if you can afford to, sure. But right now I have a lack of guards and I’m about to drop him for Powell lmao

I would drop him for Norman Powell in a heartbeat...or even Dwight Powell. I’m holding Wood but I’m contemplating dropping him for Gafford pending news on WCJ and the length of his absence.

I mean, stashes rarely work out as planned (at least for me they don’t). Watch a Drummond trade bring back power forwards and centers. Or even more hilarious: Watch Wood get dealt with Drummond. Murphy’s Law.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, molski said:

whiteside

Didn’t he breakout like 3rd season w the heat after 2 years in sac after getting drafted there? Hardly a journeyman. Not to mention he’s absurdly better in fantasy than IRL

Rotoworld: Hey Charlie Brown, pick this scrub up!

Me: No way Rotoworld, he's going straight to the bench as soon as I grab him.

Rotoworld: No way! He's a breakout candidate! Can't miss!

Me: Well... ok... if you say so.

Rotoworld: :😂 🤣 🤣 🤣

• Haha 3

Rotoworld is probably still going to be all over his nuts for the “all world godly upside”... this guy doesn’t do much out there. 

• Like 1

Funny how Rotoworld keep saying this guy is the real deal. Casey will play Morris over Wood any day. Not much hope here except to move on. 

18 minutes ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

Rotoworld is probably still going to be all over his nuts for the “all world godly upside”... this guy doesn’t do much out there. 

His per-36 ranking dropped from around #50 to #111 (as of today, for this season) so the theoretical upside is starting to disappear too..

37 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

Rotoworld delusional as always.  Sekou was always the priority pick up.

Yep haha. 

The Wooden Horse Deception

But if i drop he will rise ...i know it...

And yes Im Rotoworld...lol

• Haha 1

dude really took the wood out of getting wood.

still, I’ll be holding onto wood for the foreseeable future. Seems Andre will be traded, that’s when the wood will really grow.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, darkyume said:

His per-36 ranking dropped from around #50 to #111 (as of today, for this season) so the theoretical upside is starting to disappear too..

Earlier on at least there was a semblance of him being involved in the offense, the issue is that the shots he gets aren't within the offense. They are random/sporadic shots without rhythm or set plays. He can score, he can shoot threes, he's very mobile and good at getting out ahead of the pack down court.Detroit is 22nd in pace, which leads them to be 22nd in total points scored per game. We all know New Orleans has great pace and really maximizes all their pieces on offense, which is why he flourished there (although April caveat does play a role).

Less pace, fewer possessions to play with, fewer shots to go around. Rose just eats all he wants, and random guys pick up a shot here a shot there. Their players seem confused about their routes/roles, and you end up getting a lot of Rose-go-to-work plays in isolation as a reversion. This is what Casey did here in Toronto, just always default back to take the ball DeMar because we don't run anything else other than horns sets.

Wood's issue isn't minutes at this point, he's been getting minutes - more than enough to produce with, he's playing in a poorly constructed system, he needs both a new coach and Drummond to move out, but at this point we can only hope for one or the other, they're not going to make those kinds of concessions for him. 

Also for those questioning his talent, figuratively all of his teammates and his coach said he's one of the most talented players they've come across. Casey has said it all year. So it's not a question of can he put up stats, he can, and he's proven it when given ample shots, but this isn't an ideal role/usage.

He would be better served in somewhere like Charlotte where they could actually use a scoring big who can also stretch the floor.

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, croydonfacelift said:

Rotoworld: Hey Charlie Brown, pick this scrub up!

Me: No way Rotoworld, he's going straight to the bench as soon as I grab him.

Rotoworld: No way! He's a breakout candidate! Can't miss!

Me: Well... ok... if you say so.

Rotoworld: :😂 🤣 🤣 🤣

You forgot the last line of the convo1

Rotoworld: Now go fxck yourself.

Posted (edited)

Add another player to the list 🤣

Edited by taenggg

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, kilslo said:

Et tu, Christine Michael? 

Fe-lix JONES!

I talk smack but I dont have the guts to drop yet...

Edited by dfstout
  • Like 1