lbjames6

Christian Wood 2019-2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, dfstout said:

Fe-lix JONES!

I talk smack but I dont have the guts to drop yet...

Oh me neither I’m holding firm until the trade deadline and low key hoping he gets dropped in the leagues I don’t have him in 

Once Drummond gets traded all types of usage will get open up 

• Thanks 1

I am starting to think even with the minutes he'd still be irrelevant. If you can't do it against the Cavs... Plus he's very allergic to stocks it seems.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

So now Pistons/coach/system are the reason that he sucks?

their coach sucks and their system sucks, yes. Been saying it since early November on here, and also for years when he was our coach in Toronto.

casey doesn’t know how to maximize role players, he defaults to isolation to his main ball handlers, because they aren’t actually running a system. He’ll over rely on horns sets and pick and rolls up top and when it breaks down nothing else comes of it, he doesn’t run motion sets or a read and react offense. 

His raps teams always struggled with pace, and he barely had us run off misses or turnovers. Our fast break points jumped to top 3 after Nurse took over.

No one is saying wood is a world beater all star, he can put up numbers, he’s even shown it this year on multiple occasions, but you like to misconstrue.

Read what I said here about him v sekou and in the sekou thread, I don’t suffer from cognitive dissonance. But a better offensive coach would help this team as a whole, not just wood, the proof is in the pudding.

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 1

Casey is such a good coach that in order to help win against Cleveland just now he benched sekou at the end of the game in favour of thon maker, because apparently sekou “ran out of gas”

You always need to consider who the coach is.  Why suddenly start complaining about Casey? Btw,  Ujiri firing Casey is 2nd best thing he did for Raptors (trade for Kawhi is #1).

All I am saying is that Wood sucks and that Doumboya is/will be the bigest beneficiary in Drumond trade. Btw Maker was +7 in 12 min. Wood was -18 in 13. Defense has nothing to do with the system

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

You always need to consider who the coach is.  Why suddenly start complaining about Casey? Btw,  Ujiri firing Casey is 2nd best thing he did for Raptors (trade for Kawhi is #1).

All I am saying is that Wood sucks and that Doumboya is/will be the bigest beneficiary in Drumond trade. Btw Maker was +7 in 12 min. Wood was -18 in 13. Defense has nothing to do with the system

Start? You haven’t been reading this thread have you?

yeah thon maker is a stud, and the pistons offense is a powerhouse.

Please don't use plus minus as evidence. It's a crap stat which is dependent on which 5 man unit is on the floor. Real plus minus is adjusted by actual possession based on the individual player.

Thon Maker is the 440th worst player in the league with an RPM of -2.96

Christian Wood is the 42nd best player in the league with an RPM of +2.37 next to Jonas Valanciunas, Marc Gasol, and Richaun Holmes.

Thon Maker has a win share of .6, Wood has a win share of 2.1

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 1

Wood is a high usage player and his usage rate just isn’t there for him right now

For whatever reason his usage rate has been down the last couple of weeks (as he was received more minutes) from what it was earlier in the year and especially from last year when he was putting up numbers

Once Drummond gets traded I’m banking on his usage rate to spike 

• Like 1

Oh damn, I was so high on this guy and this is what we get? 13 minutes of playtime? I'm convinced Wood made fun of Casey's mom to have this kind of hatred to be bestowed upon him. Hold for now, Drum is going to get traded, just a matter of time.

• Like 2

I can give him Thursday...Thursday...ok...there i said its out in the world...Thursday it is...i have issues...

My prob is i had him last year late pumpin out 50 burgers like Wendys in my pts league...the Dragon must awaken!

43 minutes ago, kilslo said:

Oh me neither I’m holding firm until the trade deadline and low key hoping he gets dropped in the leagues I don’t have him in 

Once Drummond gets traded all types of usage will get open up 

Posted (edited)

This has become a Wood Anonymous meeting 

Edited by dfstout
  • Like 1

Cleve-CHI-Nola ...if that doesnt get him goin then im donezo.

1 minute ago, dfstout said:

Cleve-CHI-Nola ...if that doesnt get him goin then im donezo.

Going to be hard to get going when you get 13 minutes and you're barely involved in the offense and Derrick Rose takes every shot, don't get your hopes up. 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Lifschitz said:

Going to be hard to get going when you get 13 minutes and you're barely involved in the offense and Derrick Rose takes every shot, don't get your hopes up. 

I know...this is Harry Giles all over again but w precedent so its tougher...

Im just gonna nab Dorian Finney Smith n be done w it...eff it...

Maybe 🤩

Edited by dfstout
  • Haha 1

This guy has 1 steal and 2 blocks in his last 7 games while averaging 23 minutes. This is bad. I think apart from the system he is not at his best as well right now.

With how bad he is looking + banking on Detroit not getting another big back in a Drummond trade + banking on Casey not playing Morris over him...

If someone else is looking good on the waivers it may be time to drop. 

I have Wood and Doumbouya, so my bets are hedged, but Wood has been pretty underwelming even with minutes in the mid twenties. I wonder if he'll be one of those guys who'll just not be able to break out. 
I mean, we can blame the coach but at some point we also have to see if there is just something lacking with him as a player.  

Dropped him for Norm yesterday before the game even started....no regrats!

• Like 1

somebody dropped Will Barton. I kicked Wood to the curb immediately when I saw lol I'm out fellas

Once Kemba is activated #hegone

id hold for another week in 14+ teamers tho