lbjames6

Christian Wood 2019-2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, chickennuggets said:

Keep in mind, this is up against the Bulls playing a rookie C and Luke Kornet. And Drummond has been ejected.

We're reminded of what he'd look like if and when Drummond gets traded. If it's to the Knicks and they somehow get Randle, I don't think that affects his performance at all as long as Casey just lets him play.

How much damage did he do before Drummond was ejected?

15 minutes ago, Obliviate said:

We're reminded of what he'd look like if and when Drummond gets traded. If it's to the Knicks and they somehow get Randle, I don't think that affects his performance at all as long as Casey just lets him play.

He's had multiple big lines like this this year, it's why he's so talked about and polarizing, the issue is Casey usually stifles him by inexplicably playing him little minutes the next game or not making a concerted effort to get him involved in the offense (he'll follow up a game with double digit shot attempts with 15-25 minutes and just 5 shot attempts). He's just as likely to put up a big line as he is a 4/4 line as long as he's under Casey/behind Drummond. 

The only reason we're hoping for a Drummond trade is because Casey's hand will be forced. There's no guarantee they don't bring another big back though and we're back to square 1, or if Wood makes any mistakes he ends up benching him in favor of Maker. 

The Pistons continue to look bad all season, I don't think Drummond getting moved out is the only change upper management is considering.

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, DLG10 said:

ahh ... didn’t know Drummond was ejected. 

either way. Shows us what he’s capable of once Dre is traded 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

He had 8 and 7 at the half. Drummond got ejected in the 3rd. Looked good out there playing with a lot of energy and hustle!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

That's a great question. Wood was already having a great game. I'm not sure I understand why. I guess Wood was going shot for shot and play for play with Gafford.

6 hours ago, Obliviate said:

But if they get Randle i guess they start him and Doumbouya I think. Sekou will not lose playing time.

3 hours ago, whips02 said:

Just needs the minutes

But he's been pretty blah even with the minutes lately.  I'm still a little perplexed as to how we are holding Wood in such high regard.  I get his last end-of-season splash and periodic bouts of per-36 success, but do you guys really expect a breakout if (the big "if") Drummond is traded?  I'm not too convinced.

MAH BOI!!!!

4 hours ago, RipCity0 said:

But if they get Randle i guess they start him and Doumbouya I think. Sekou will not lose playing time.

We'll just have to wait and see. Nobody truly knows how these things will end up really anyway. Not all of us managed to pick Sekou up so we're left to at least hope that Wood works out. If not, well that's just too bad for us owners then. 

Most, if not everyone (deeper leagues at least) wants to be lucky enough to pick up gold from the wire. 

Picked him up yet again (4th time now I think). Maybe for the last time, the wire is out of high upside Cs so I’m stashing for good now lol

2 hours ago, dfstout said:

Here at the Wood Anonymous meetings we dont pass judgement, all we ask is you bring the donuts when its your turn...the worst days however are when C Wood brings the donuts....that's when it hurts the most... 

Not even if they are Krisy Kreme?

38 minutes ago, Devin_Heat_Stroke_Book said:

Not even if they are Krisy Kreme?

No not even Krisy Kreme...but i hear ya...

7 minutes ago, ItzJaBoiSam said:

I passed on both Woods and Sekou and went with Gafford. f--- the Casey headache.

Good luck everyone.

Wait till you get a load of Boylen

Edited by justaguy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

47 minutes ago, justaguy said:

Wait till you get a load of Boylen

Out of the pot into the fire lol

• Haha 1

I love the fact that RW writers are so far in on this guy that they can't let it go and keep asking everyone to hang on one more week....

Edited by jjbooda
  • Haha 3