lbjames6

Christian Wood 2019-2020 Outlook

Hahaha Casey took him out so quick. He had a nice and 1 (refs missed his travel), but his defense is pretty bad. Decent stash if you can afford it I guess. 

1 hour ago, jjbooda said:

I love the fact that RW writers are so far in on this guy that they can't let it go and keep asking everyone to hang on one more week....

3 more weeks.. till the deadline

• Haha 2

Anything to see here? Wood playing down the stretch with Drummond on the bench. Not even on foul trouble with just 3. Close game too. Anything to see here?

Just now, ThisIsSparta said:

Anything to see here? Wood playing down the stretch with Drummond on the bench. Not even on foul trouble with just 3. Close game too. Anything to see here?

The 5 stocks are definitely something to see. Actually scratch that, his line tonight has been 9cat gold lol

2 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

Why doesn't the coach play this guy more.

Right?? I believe when a guy is comin' in hot, you'd wanna play that guy more and build off of his momentum and build his confidence, rhythm, and chemistry... You know, the intangibles? Maybe that's just me but look at him right now, he's doing well! 1/1/1 and closing in the 4th.

• Like 1

I'm still prettty skeptical. This forum has 25 pages worth of Wood excitement and what a roller coaster it's been.  Isn't it possible another center comes in on a Drummond trade?  Isn't it possible Casey still keeps him on a tight leash as he has been doing regardless of who's injured/healthy?  Just trying my best to play devil's advocate and restore balance is all.

Edited by Nica4two

22 minutes ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

Drummond is absolutely gawn!.. 

It's Wood time. 

Trade Drummond,Free Wood

Feel like today's line was simply because Drummond got rekt hard by Jah and they needed someone that matched up better.

Whatever concerns that we may have about Wood are still there. Looking lost at times. Not requiring a big to come back when a trade with Drummond happens. Casey's coaching.

BIG line.. two huge games in a row. Also, Drummond (not in foul trouble) got just 22 minutes this game.. it's full Sekou and Wood show!!

I insta-dropped Clarke for him after seeing Drummond's minutes and his line, hopefully I don't regret it down the line, I had no options with my team being in 2nd and overly stacked with depth, had no idea who to drop. Seems like he's the better option over Clarke in terms of upside simply because Memphis is in the postseason and JV is playing out of his mind (who would have thought).

What a perplexing player, I've never picked up and dropped the same player so many times in one season, he's been on my roster 6 times already. This is it though, I'm holding until the trade deadline.

Two games in a row is showing something.  Would like to hear Casey in the post game presser when they ask why he sat Drummond.  I want to see a few more games with solid minutes before I am ready to anoint him a league winner.

3 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

Feel like today's line was simply because Drummond got rekt hard by Jah and they needed someone that matched up better.

Whatever concerns that we may have about Wood are still there. Looking lost at times. Not requiring a big to come back when a trade with Drummond happens. Casey's coaching.

Drummond getting wrecked wouldn't have changed a thing in the past, he still would have gotten 35+ minutes and gobbled up a big stat line. This isn't the first time Drummond has been wrecked and Casey kept going to him (he's their "franchise" player afterall). This is a huge sign.. I can't stress that enough.

40 minutes ago, ThisIsSparta said:

His FT% has been good recently too.

His FT% has been excellent ever since he went 2/8 and someone noted here that he's shooting tons of freethrows after the game was over and everyone was getting dressed. He was still out there on the court pissed off that he missed.. ever since then he's barely missed his FTs.

3 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

His FT% has been excellent ever since he went 2/8 and someone noted here that he's shooting tons of freethrows after the game was over and everyone was getting dressed. He was still out there on the court pissed off that he missed.. ever since then he's barely missed his FTs.

Yup. Pretty sure he’s hit 43 of his last 49 FTs (12 games, 4 att/g)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nica4two said:

I'm still prettty skeptical. This forum has 25 pages worth of Wood excitement and what a roller coaster it's been.  Isn't it possible another center comes in on a Drummond trade?  Isn't it possible Casey still keeps him on a tight leash as he has been doing regardless of who's injured/healthy?  Just trying my best to play devil's advocate and restore balance is all.

Honestly at this point, he's the closest to a surefire stash that's out there on the wire (apart from injured guys). If anyone has a spot for a stash, this is it. The writing is on the wall for a Drummond trade especially given how close the Hawks trade was to happening. He closed the game today, maybe a one time thing but who knows. Wood can ball out there, can still look a little raw at times but it makes sense now why Casey is so tough on him. Dude has insane potential. Note the tweet below as well. It might not always show in the box score but it looks like the franchise believes in him. 

The RW blurb writers having been throwing around the term "monster line" pretty loosely lately. Much like Spellman the other night, it was a good line, not a MONSTER line. Monster lines are AD or Whiteside type of lines. Not 17-9 lol

4 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

The RW blurb writers having been throwing around the term "monster line" pretty loosely lately. Much like Spellman the other night, it was a good line, not a MONSTER line. Monster lines are AD or Whiteside type of lines. Not 17-9 lol

These are monster lines when you consider that we're in mid January and these guys are sitting on most wires. Not guys who are universally rostered like AD and Whiteside.

You aren't finding 18/9/1/2/3 and 2 3's in just 25 minutes on your wire or Spellman giving you 4 blocks 11 steals and 14 3's over his last 5 games..

• Like 1

Just now, Dominator83 said:

Its because their lack of impartiality is showing more and more. They continually have to justify mostly to themselves that the guys they talk about and/or pick up in the leagues they are in are as good as they try to say or think they are.

The most egregious RW blurb writer that is guilty of this and who screams agenda with every blurb he writes is Gallagher. That guy is the worst....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

5 stocks two threes and perfect 6/6 at the line is pretty monstrous to me

• Like 2

On 1/5/2020 at 12:50 PM, Gile Pile said:

Best stash is clear path to the minutes. And Wood does not have that. If Pistons are going into rebuild and they are loking at Wood as a potential building block they wil be worse than Knicks. I will come back  in 2 months and revisit who was right. 

Does he still not have a clear path to minutes? 

If not for OT he would've only played 20-21 minutes.

Play the guy.

SMH

Edited by DLG10

9 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Its because their lack of impartiality is showing more and more. They continually have to justify mostly to themselves that the guys they talk about and/or pick up in the leagues they are in are as good as they try to say or think they are.

The most egregious RW blurb writer that is guilty of this and who screams agenda with every blurb he writes is Gallagher. That guy is the worst....

They've actually been excellent with their pickup hypes this year and also their draft pick hypes.. this year they did very very well compared to years past. Both Nader and Mike hit a bunch of picks and pickups out of the park.

When Nader writes I feel like I'm reading my own pickup suggestions on here, it's regularly been a heavy dose of:

DJJ, Melton, Wood, and now add Spellman to that list. 

I'm still hopeful DJJ gets his minutes back, he was amazing the past 7 days before they cut his minutes with 1.7 blocks, 1.7 steals, and 1 three and 90% FT. Not sure why they're reducing his minutes in favor of JJ of all people, but either way. I finally have a gut feeling Wood is here to stay, he's got a tough matchup coming up against Boston, that will show us if Casey is going to give him minutes/usage regardless of performance.