lbjames6

Christian Wood 2019-2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

 

Does he still not have a clear path to minutes? 

Lol i like how you held on to that! 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, taenggg said:

5 stocks two threes and perfect 6/6 at the line is pretty monstrous to me


It was a really nice line, but we can read between the line with this. Bonkers. Second monster line. It’s agenda driven by dudes that hyped up Wood so much they can’t be impartial about it.

If this was someone they weren’t hyping to death and/or have in their league, they would have found a way to say it was flukey or to sell high. 

Now SGA, he went bonkers with a monster line.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's see if he can string up three solid games, then I am believer. I am still skeptical and might call this a fluke. 

Edited by RAGINGROOSTER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

If not for OT he would've only played 20-21 minutes.

Play the guy.

SMH

 

It's all roses:

1. Drummond trade rumors are ramping up daily (including earlier today). He got 22 minutes in a close game where he wasn't in foul trouble, that has been very rare in the past for Casey. I only can remember one other time where Casey punished him like this, and this season he gets 32-35+ regardless if he's being killed or not. 

2. Wood is back to his monstrous per-minute production from November, so we're getting the insane high ceiling lines back, that means we can worry less about the 4-4 lines

3. It almost feels like Drummond is being shipped out so they can see what they have in Wood for ROS and sign him moving forward. I said this so many times in this thread, but this franchise is starving for young talent to build around. With Griffin out, they have to concede the season instead of pretending they're good enough to fight for 8th. When BG went down, the runway was cleared for them to go full rebuild.

If we're looking at 25 minutes the rest of the way, and he inevitably moves into the starting Center spot and jumps into that 30 min mark, this is Richaun Holmes level production with even more upside in the scoring dept due to his ability from 3 point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RAGINGROOSTER said:

Let's see if he can string up three solid games, than I am believer. I am still skeptical and might call this a fluke. 

 

Especially since the next game is against Boston (a team that's actually good).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nica4two said:

 

Especially since the next game is against Boston (a team that's actually good).

 

Just last week he wasn't even matchup proof against bad teams. He wasn't trustworthy at all due to the situation and how he was being handled, not because he lacked talent.

We care about minutes and usage, as long as the talent is there, that's all that stops a player from reaching that next level in fantasy. So we already have one of those boxes ticked, now we're waiting for the other 2 boxes to materialize.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

 

They've actually been excellent with their pickup hypes this year and also their draft pick hypes.. this year they did very very well compared to years past. Both Nader and Mike hit a bunch of picks and pickups out of the park.

When Nader writes I feel like I'm reading my own pickup suggestions on here, it's regularly been a heavy dose of:

DJJ, Melton, Wood, and now add Spellman to that list. 

I'm still hopeful DJJ gets his minutes back, he was amazing the past 7 days before they cut his minutes with 1.7 blocks, 1.7 steals, and 1 three and 90% FT. Not sure why they're reducing his minutes in favor of JJ of all people, but either way. I finally have a gut feeling Wood is here to stay, he's got a tough matchup coming up against Boston, that will show us if Casey is going to give him minutes/usage regardless of performance.

 

 

Hate to ask but who's DJJ?   Its not coming to me at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DLG10 said:

 

 

Hate to ask but who's DJJ?   Its not coming to me at the moment.

 

Derrick Jones Jr.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

They've actually been excellent with their pickup hypes this year and also their draft pick hypes.. this year they did very very well compared to years past.


I am not saying they don’t hit on guys. We all hit on guys. We all miss on guys.

My point is their biases and insecurities about who they hype/pick up in their leagues scream through their blurbs and it’s lame to me. And it’s been getting worse recently.

Wood had a really good line and it was good to see. But we know why they felt the need to exaggerate and describe it as a monster line and going bonkers, and that is just sad to me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, simon said:

Sekou who?

Sekou balled out in his own right lmao, the real winners are the ones that own both

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, simon said:

Sekou who?

 

Why not both? I never understood this, when Sekou was on the come-up post BG surgery most in that thread started saying this guy over the other.. as I stated they're not mutually exclusive. They can play PF / C together the rest of the way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

 

It's all roses:

1. Drummond trade rumors are ramping up daily (including earlier today). He got 22 minutes in a close game where he wasn't in foul trouble, that has been very rare in the past for Casey. I only can remember one other time where Casey punished him like this, and this season he gets 32-35+ regardless if he's being killed or not. 

2. Wood is back to his monstrous per-minute production from November, so we're getting the insane high ceiling lines back, that means we can worry less about the 4-4 lines

3. It almost feels like Drummond is being shipped out so they can see what they have in Wood for ROS and sign him moving forward. I said this so many times in this thread, but this franchise is starving for young talent to build around. With Griffin out, they have to concede the season instead of pretending they're good enough to fight for 8th. When BG went down, the runway was cleared for them to go full rebuild.

If we're looking at 25 minutes the rest of the way, and he inevitably moves into the starting Center spot and jumps into that 30 min mark, this is Richaun Holmes level production with even more upside in the scoring dept due to his ability from 3 point.

So you're saying he's going to be a top 5 with top 3 upside ROS.  Woah...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:


I am not saying they don’t hit on guys. We all hit on guys. We all miss on guys.

My point is their biases and insecurities about who they hype/pick up in their leagues scream through their blurbs and it’s lame to me. And it’s been getting worse recently.

Wood had a really good line and it was good to see. But we know why they felt the need to exaggerate and describe it as a monster line and going bonkers, and that is just sad to me.

Exactly. When i see the words MONSTER LINE, i expect to see 20+ points, 15 boards, and 5+ assists, 5+ stocks. Or something like that. Hell, even Nurk alerts were monster lines.Gmes like when Gobert has a 1st quarter dbl-dbl, etc. Games like Woods tonight and Spellman's on friday were very good lines that if you started them, you would be very happy with them. But a monster line is a monster line. Those were not monster lines

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tbh if he’s still avaliable in your league you have to pick him up just to see where this goes.

Unfortunately for me he got snatched up a few hours before this game - had no one to drop (Sekou, Lee, Spellman) and was willing to wait to assess the situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, vnmslsrbms said:

So you're saying he's going to be a top 5 with top 3 upside ROS.  Woah...


Won't be as good in steals or FT% (most likely), but everything else is fuego.

Edited by Lifschitz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lifschitz said:

 

Does he still not have a clear path to minutes? 

Will it help if I say that I was wrong and you were right?  

26 minutes in overtime game, that is impressive....   Nothing has changed, his minutes are not guaranteed. Wood has reached 30 minutes once this season.

For comparison Doumbouya did it 4 times in 14 games he played

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gile Pile said:

Will it help if I say that I was wrong and you were right?  

26 minutes in overtime game, that is impressive....   Nothing has changed, his minutes are not guaranteed. Wood has reached 30 minutes once this season.

For comparison Doumbouya did it 4 times in 14 games he played

 

You're shifting the goal posts on what "clear path to minutes" means.

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 week flier that can pay dividends. if you're up in the standings, it can be a league winning stash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

 

You're shifting the goal posts on what "clear path to minutes" means.

Really? Doumbouya  has clear path to the minutes and his game log shows that (30.2  min in January). Wood does not have it while Drummond is on the roster (21 min in January).   

And when Drummond is traded we will see.  If Pistons get C back (most likely they will) I don't expect minutes to change that much.  After all Maker needs to play too 😋

Edited by Gile Pile
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

 

Same situation here. Considering whether to drop Payton, Bogdan Bogdanovic, or Jusuf Nurkic (and move Bogi to the IR).

Probably overthinking things, but if Drummond gets moved for Randle then Wood's value drops while Payton gets a boost because Randle runs a lot of the offense in NYC.

 

Aside from the Hawks, I don't see Drummond being traded to a losing team. Wouldn't it make the most sense for him to go to a contender since he might decline his player option anyway this off season and walk for nothing? But I suppose the Knicks are also able to give a good package of young talent anyway, since the Pistons have expressed an interest in Ntilikina earlier this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18/9/2stl/3blk

giphy.gif

We rollin' now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, m1dday said:

 

Aside from the Hawks, I don't see Drummond being traded to a losing team. Wouldn't it make the most sense for him to go to a contender since he might decline his player option anyway this off season and walk for nothing? But I suppose the Knicks are also able to give a good package of young talent anyway, since the Pistons have expressed an interest in Ntilikina earlier this season.

Yup, he's not a fit for a young team although he's still young himself.  But he's not a leader type who can make his teammates better.  That's the biggest problem, as nobody has really figured out which contender would actually want him, and meet the Pistons' asking price.  More like an up and coming team who could use his services.  I like the Raptors, GSW, and Mavs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

why tf would the knicks trade for a rental in drummond. i cant imagine any scenario that would make sense for them to do that. 

It wouldn’t be a rental. But yes it Wood be hilarious . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...