lbjames6

Christian Wood 2019-2020 Outlook

Highly suggest reading this for anyone rostering him or deciding whether they should roster him, some very good tidbits in both of these that are very telling:

https://www.mlive.com/pistons/2020/01/pistons-christian-wood-adjusting-to-nba-workload.html

https://detroitjockcity.com/2020/01/05/detroit-pistons-unleash-christian-wood/

There's even some info about why he was recently slumping with quotes from both he and Casey.. 

32 minutes ago, johnval1362 said:

Drummond is perfect for the Knicks. He fits horribly next to Randle, clogs the floor so no one can get to the rack without a help defender easily getting there. He doesn't contribute to winning. He is not the most likeable guy out there. He doesn't attract stars to join NY and his game isn't versatile enough to utilize if various ways. He is already fully developed and getting older so his production will plateau. Drummond fans are rare. He will force any other bigs who can't play next to him to leave the Knicks. My guess would be that guy would end up a stud as soon as he leaves for that reason. I can go on and on...

Worst of all, Knicks fans will continue to buy tickets and sell out every game so owners won't care anyway. They will just count their absurd money. Drummond is a true 1995 stud that fits perfectly with living in the past too stubborn to adapt Knicks. I think's it's a near guarantee Drummond goes to NY. It's so bad, it must be true! 

Ex - Knicks fan 

That was my exact sentiment when I read the rumor. The Knicks front office is a frightening combination of desperate and stupid.  

Really hope Drummond gets dealt for expirings.

• Like 1

i relapsed again guys... and i don't feel good about it. CWA Christian Wood Anonymous

Funny. Second injury he’s picked up in a somewhat limited role.

Maybe Casey knows something about Wood’s fitness that we don’t.

Just sayin. If Casey ran Wood out there for 30+ mins like we want, how long would he last?

1 minute ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Just sayin. If Casey ran Wood out there for 30+ mins like we want, how long would he last?

It’s things like this that make me want to drop this dude and never pick him up again.  I feel like I’ve been fooled 3-4 times now.  I just don’t think Casey will ever give him a full role.

16 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Dude averaged 35mpg in the G league.  

https://stats.gleague.nba.com/leaders/?Season=2018-19&SeasonType=Regular Season

Hopefully it isn't anything serious. This was like the one good upside play available in my deep 14 teamer. 

57 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

it’s the same injury as the last one he had in Toronto, I didn’t see that one but apparently he somehow bumped his knee in that game and sat out a couple of games.

I’ll take this injury 2 ways.

1.) he’s not injured badly and my stash “stud” is good to go

2:) dudes injured and I can rid myself of the heartache

just realized I needed a number 3. But yea, Drummond WILL be traded. So I’m still holding. 

44 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

it’s the same injury as the last one he had in Toronto,

Just a guess or do you have a source? (Thanks.)

Flipped him for Spencer Dinwiddie, straight up. Good luck with DRE trade and playing time and all that... I'm off!!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

Flipped him for Spencer Dinwiddie, straight up. Good luck with DRE trade and playing time and all that... I'm off!!

This is pretty irrelevant when looking at your scoring.  The majority do not play with settings like that, so it's possible someone like Dinwiddie is more valuable in your league especially if minutes count (wtf?). 

It's doubtful Dinwiddie holds more value ROS, especially with Kyrie back, but hey it's your team.  I'd rather Wood in the long run.  If someone is comfortable in the standings there is no harm in waiting until the trade deadline.

Flipped him in a package deal with LeVert to get Lonzo (9-cat H2H).

There may be regrets, but let's see how it plays out.

This whole situation reminds me of Boban Marjanovic hype that happens every season. Per-36 monster and fantasy darling  that will never be unleashed

1 hour ago, Apollo_87 said:

Flipped him in a package deal with LeVert to get Lonzo (9-cat H2H).

There may be regrets, but let's see how it plays out.

I will take Ball all day. Good trade.

To be honest, I’m kinda happy with his recent averages of 11+ pts, 6+ boards, and very good percentages along a sprinkling of other stats from time to time: on any given night he’s a threat for 2-3 threes or 2-3 blocks (or both 😲)

At 214 lbs Wood would be the skinniest starting C in the NBA and it's not even close Most C's weight about 240-250 lbs. He will get posted up on, boxed out, and knocked on his butt quite a bit. I'm not sure if he's durable enough to withstand that. He's already getting injuries as a backup. I think the Pistons will try to get a bigger C in return for Drummond.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, BoxScoreJunkie said:

At 214 lbs Wood would be the skinniest starting C in the NBA and it's not even close Most C's weight about 240-250 lbs. He will get posted up on, boxed out, and knocked on his butt quite a bit. I'm not sure if he's durable enough to withstand that. He's already getting injuries as a backup. I think the Pistons will try to get a bigger C in return for Drummond.

Yeah. I wanna jump on the hype train, but Jaxon Hayes has the same issue as this, and it really limits its playing time despite however much upside he has. 

34 minutes ago, BoxScoreJunkie said:

Isn't Wood more of a 4 (and should be playing as that) anyway? If they get a C back then I don't see why they can't play Wood at the 4, Sekou at 3, and whoever they get for Drummond at the 5.