lbjames6

Christian Wood 2019-2020 Outlook

9 minutes ago, brosephd said:

as the football RW forums would say.

LEAGUE WINNER

This is only true with opportunity.  Drummond is blocking his opportunity.  If Drummond goes, this can be revisited.

I gave up on him and dropped him which could backfire but Drummond has expressed his desire to stay AND I think those middle of the tier teams are not going to give up meaningful assets for a possible rental. I mean who can beat the Lakers and Clippers right now besides possibly the Bucks? 

that is assuming they do not get any prospects at 4/5 spot in Drummond trade. And that is very unlikely

18 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

I gave up on him and dropped him which could backfire but Drummond has expressed his desire to stay AND I think those middle of the tier teams are not going to give up meaningful assets for a possible rental. I mean who can beat the Lakers and Clippers right now besides possibly the Bucks? 

Joe Ingles

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Obliviate said:

Game starting soon, still no update?

I guess the beat writers can’t tell if Wood is injured or is just poised to play a random, like six-minute outing courtesy of Casey.

Hard to tell the difference between the two.

• Haha 1

I think i see him on the bench, if any of you are watching lol but could be Galloway. Their hair is similar i guess rofl.

8 minutes ago, Obliviate said:

I think i see him on the bench, if any of you are watching lol but could be Galloway. Their hair is similar i guess rofl.

Got the game on ... but I’m also busy chopping onions and drinking whiskey.

i would assume since there was no update, that he’s playing

• Like 1

Smh had to take him out because I couldnt afford a 0 game. 

8 minutes ago, two0six said:

Smh had to take him out because I couldnt afford a 0 game. 

there’s a thread around here dedicated to starts and sits ... we might’ve been able to help 

2 hours ago, m1dday said:

Isn't Wood more of a 4 (and should be playing as that) anyway? If they get a C back then I don't see why they can't play Wood at the 4, Sekou at 3, and whoever they get for Drummond at the 5. 

Yeah Wood is more of a 4. But watching him play I get why Casey plays Sekou at the 4 more. Sekou is faster closing out on 3's and getting open for them. Wood's bread and butter is rolling and driving to the basket and Drummond is in the way. He would be much better playing alongside a stretch 5, but then would he still get the same amount of RB's and BLK's? In the 1 game against the Lakers he started at PF, he had 4 RB and 0 BLK in 30 min, but that was playing alongside Drummond and against AD and LeBron. I know the Pistons will go into tank mode but do they really want to let their fans see a blowout every night with Wood as their starting C guarding Giannis, Embiid, Sabonis, Bam, etc every night? Those guys have high basketball IQ's and would school Wood aside from their tremendous strength advantage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

I guess the beat writers can’t tell if Wood is injured or is just poised to play a random, like six-minute outing courtesy of Casey.

Hard to tell the difference between the two.

With Markieff Morris hitting 17 points in the half we may never see Wood again.

10 minutes ago, Ray Barboni said:

there’s a thread around here dedicated to starts and sits ... we might’ve been able to help 

Thanks I’ll check it out, I did heavy research though.. wish I had a friend at the game to facetime lol

Everything back to normal with Drummond out there.  It’s pretty cut and dry this guy has no value with Drummond there.  Frustrating but it is what it is.

10 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

Everything back to normal with Drummond out there.  It’s pretty cut and dry this guy has no value with Drummond there.  Frustrating but it is what it is.

drummond has a long history of balling out against the Celtics. I wouldn’t get discouraged - he’s going to get traded (Drummond) and then we can all have wood together 

lol. Back to where we were again before the two monster games. 

You would think that if he’s that sure of a ‘league winner’ he would be more consistent for starters.