lbjames6

Christian Wood 2019-2020 Outlook

50 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

With Markieff Morris hitting 17 points in the half we may never see Wood again.

Dwane I was just kidding, you can bring Wood back in whenever you want

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

lol. Back to where we were again before the two monster games. 

You would think that if he’s that sure of a ‘league winner’ he would be more consistent for starters.

Casey won't unleash Wood until the Wood owner in his fantasy league drops him.

• Haha 2

Thinking on top of Kieff going off, probably treading with caution since he's got a sore knee? I'm looking for excuses not to be disappointed really..

spacer.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dont_panic said:

3 more weeks of the rollercoaster *crosses fingers*

The crappy part of these lotto tickets is the opportunity cost of not grabbing someone else. So much upside but also so long to wait and miss out for potentially nothing but smoke.

He sprained his ankle and came back for a bit in the 2nd quarter. He didn't enter the game during the 2nd half. It may be a precautionary measure considering his sore knee. The Pistons have 3 days off so might as well not take any risks.

People don’t understand Wood isn’t a Centre, he’s grossly undersized. He barely weighs 200 pounds and in game actually looks similar sized to Toney Snell and Svi Myk. The guys never going to play the 30 plus minutes you expect, even if Drummond leaves. When he runs into a big like Embiid, Kanter, Jokic, Valanciunas, Whiteside, Vucevic, Towns. The list goes on of guys he can’t check. He will get schooled and bodied inside. Casey isn’t here to coach a tanking team, he’s into building winning cultures. People need to stop hating on Casey for his rotations, but call guys like Greg Pop and Rick Carlisle hard nosed. If you actually watch the games, a lot of coaches would sit Wood for the mistakes and gambles he makes. He reminds me of Amir Johnson. Another similar player is Grant Williams on Boston, but he has less athleticism. So he’s pretty much battling for minutes at the 4 with like 4 other guys who all shoot the 3 better than him. Plus I doubt Detroit will ever rely on him to play heavy minutes at the 5.

Edited by 7614

1 minute ago, 7614 said:

People don’t understand Wood isn’t a Centre, he’s grossly undersized. He barely weighs 200 pounds and in game actually looks smaller than Toney Snell and Svi Myk. The guys never going to play the 30 plus minutes you expect, even if Drummond leaves. When he runs into a big like Embiid, Kanter, Jokic, Valanciunas, Whiteside, Vucevic, Towns. The list goes on of guys he can’t check. He will get schooled and bodied inside. Casey isn’t here to coach a tanking team, he’s into building winning cultures. People need to stop hating on Casey for his rotations, but call guys like Greg Pop and Rick Carlisle hard nosed. If you actually watch the games, a lot of coaches would sit Wood for the mistakes and gambles he makes. He reminds me of Amir Johnson. Another similar player is Grant Williams on Boston, but he has less athleticism. 

Valid points but I guess the hope is that with Drummond out of the picture, those minutes can really only go to Wood or Maker, who only weighs 7lbs more than Wood. Unless they get another big body back or they keep Kieff and field him at C.

5 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

Valid points but I guess the hope is that with Drummond out of the picture, those minutes can really only go to Wood or Maker, who only weighs 7lbs more than Wood. Unless they get another big body back or they keep Kieff and field him at C.

I wouldn’t say he’s smaller, but he’s similar sized to those lanky guys. He does have bounce and nice touch around the rim though. I’ve watched almost every Pistons game and Wood gets backed down into deep post position to easily.
Thon Maker is a legit 7 footer though, he’s actually a better defender and shooter too, he improved a lot practicing everyday with the Bucks stacked team, so did Snell. People hate on Snell and Morris, but those guys would probably get those minutes on any team, they are established vets, 2 way, 3 and D players. Those guys find minutes on every team they go to. It’s not just about fantasy. So I don’t understand why people call players and coaches trash and garbage because they don’t appease their fantasy choices. Maker just doesn’t have a fantasy friendly game. Even Snell and Svi have been outplaying Wood and they’ve earned stretch 4 minutes over him, but they don’t have fantasy friendly games either, only as 3 point streamers. Wood is pretty much battling with 4 other guys who all shoot better than him for PF minutes. Detroit will surely acquire another centre, or call up a young guy if they lose Drummond as well. I just don’t get why anyone would sacrifice losing a match up just to stash someone like Wood, but that’s their choice. I’d rather stream or pick up Doumbouya, his rebounds and stocks will go up if Drummond leaves. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Haven’t been on this a forum for a while so excuse the long posts. 

22 minutes ago, 7614 said:

Haven’t been on this a forum for a while so excuse the long posts. 

No need , that was an excellent post . Solid insight

• Thanks 1

Have to hang on a game or two longer, but 8 minutes isn't ideal. What sucked the most was that because he was a GTD already, that moniker stayed with him all game, so it seemed to suggest he went off with an injury early perhaps. 

Could just be the typical jinx i bring to some players when i pluck them off the wires.

in Pistons win by 33, he managed second lowest minutes on the team (16 ). At least he played more than Maker

Everyone still holding? Assuming Drummond gets traded and the Pistons dont get back any form of a quality big, how do you guys think Markieff Morris will affect Wood's minutes going forward? Or do you think his only competition will be Thon Maker?

12 hours ago, kendanc said:

Everyone still holding? Assuming Drummond gets traded and the Pistons dont get back any form of a quality big, how do you guys think Markieff Morris will affect Wood's minutes going forward? Or do you think his only competition will be Thon Maker?

Holding through the deadline 

• Like 2

If you've committed to him this late, you stay the path until the deadline, do not budge, do not drop. We're just a couple weeks away from the trade deadline, Drummond could be gone by this week and you may drop him just a day before, you never know between now and then. 

He's been a top 76 play over the last week and top 95 over the last two weeks averaging 47%, 84%, 9.5 / 6.8 / .8 / .7 / 1.7 and .7 threes in just 17 minutes. Those are just disgusting per minute numbers. You move Drummond, they go full rebuild, Casey's hand is forced, zero competition with a clear path to minutes with Drummond out of the way and them lacking talent (as long as they don't get back an above average big that will compete with him for PT, but I still think he'll supersede whoever comes back), and you're looking at an absolute stud.

There is a lot of reason for the warranted hype, but everyone is waiting for what should be when not if Drummond moves.

• Like 1

Someone in my league dropped him after his 2 pt 3 reb game in 8 mins and i claimed him right away, i thank him for his sacrifice drummond will now get traded. It has to happen 100% that's the rules in fantasy basketball you drop a player and they go nuts, fantasy gods better keep that same energy. 🤣

6/5/1 1 blk in less than 13 min. Nice, but limited, but still..

source.gif

also with less than 15 sec left in the game, Drummond got elbowed and had a tooth knocked out for what it's worth in the next coming games.

The per minutes continue to amaze....if Drummond does not get traded, how can they leave him on the bench when Sekou is not doing much.   Let’s run the two together for a little while and see how it works...

Edited by jjbooda

16 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

He's been a top 76 play over the last week and top 95 over the last two weeks averaging 47%, 84%, 9.5 / 6.8 / .8 / .7 / 1.7 and .7 threes in just 17 minutes.

more like top-190 over last week  according to BBM.   Considering lack of rumors on Drummond  front,  I think he is a dropimage.thumb.png.4637f1c893627eeb2b158e44f309d0ec.png 

image.png

I hate to be a pessimist but I don't think hell ever be "unleashed". theres a reason why hes bounced around the league and still doesn't get a ton of mins (even why they chose to start a raw dek over him). obviously the coaching staff don't think hes built for that kind of role and im not so sure Drummond will be moved. 

40 minutes ago, dont_panic said:

Markieff is getting minutes ...

Are you watching yesterday’s game?