lbjames6

Christian Wood 2019-2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, NBA_OG said:

This is the make or break week!!!! IT'S NOW OR NEVER~!!!

Wishing all Christian Wood owner get the trade they're hoping for in a few days. 

Watch Drummond get traded for Randle. Casey would start Randle/Maker and Miller would start Morris/Drummond, thereby screwing the owners of both Christian Wood and Mitchell Robinson. 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Eltoro said:

Watch Drummond get traded for Randle. Casey would start Randle/Maker and Miller would start Morris/Drummond, thereby screwing the owners of both Christian Wood and Mitchell Robinson. 

I own Wood and Rob 😭

Pistons getting calls on him, please get him far and away from Casey. Wish the Hornets or Hawks would make a move so he can get playing time and flourish

6 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Pistons getting calls on him, please get him far and away from Casey. Wish the Hornets or Hawks would make a move so he can get playing time and flourish

This would be a dream come true. 

• Like 1

Say what you will about his consistency, but in the past four-game week Wood still put Top-80 total value in 9-cat.

If you adjust for assists — I don’t think anyone starts Wood for his passing — he did top 50 total value.

I get that I am massaging the statistics to suit my argument but the point is, no, he’s not a stud that you roll out there for every week, but, yes, I do think he is a good bench piece that is well suited for certain builds and setttings.

Edited by My Dinner With Andre
  • Like 1

So it’s being reported that Houston is in the market for a wing and a center 

It’s also being reported that teams are calling for Christian Wood

How great would it be if Morey flips  Capela for picks to acquire RoCo and gets Wood to replace Capela?

I’m gonna speak it to existence lol 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kilslo said:

So it’s being reported that Houston is in the market for a wing and a center 

It’s also being reported that teams are calling for Christian Wood

How great would it be if Morey flips  Capela for picks to acquire RoCo and gets Wood to replace Capela?

I’m gonna speak it to existence lol 

Was thinking this just now and you posted this lmaooo

He'd be great with the Rockets' pace, value gonna go all the way up with Russ and Harden feeding him all day 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, m1dday said:

Was thinking this just now and you posted this lmaooo

He'd be great with the Rockets' pace, value gonna go all the way up with Russ and Harden feeding him all day 

If there is a GM in the NBA who plays this **** like it’s fantasy it’s Morey lol so we got that going for us 

Eithe way it really doesn’t make sense for Detroit to lose Drummond and Wood for nothing so I have to imagine either Drummond gets moved or Wood does before the deadline 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kilslo said:

If there is a GM in the NBA who plays this **** like it’s fantasy it’s Morey lol so we got that going for us 

Eithe way it really doesn’t make sense for Detroit to lose Drummond and Wood for nothing so I have to imagine either Drummond gets moved or Wood does before the deadline 

but ... as a Detroit homer? We don’t do anything right, ever. 

so I fully expect both Drummond and Wood to be Pistons. 

sorry guys. Our ownership and management is Incompetent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ray Barboni said:

Sorry you've had to suffer through these years.  But the Billups/Rip/Rasheed/Prince/Ben Wallace days were gold!

On 2/1/2020 at 8:14 PM, Gile Pile said:

Who would trade for him? 

On 2/2/2020 at 2:53 PM, Gile Pile said:

I only watched first half, Wood guarding Jokic was like Globetrotters game. Jokic looked like a man playing with preschoolers and Wood looked totally lost out there.

Jesus Christ. We get it man....you don’t like Wood. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just passed the 30 minute mark today for the first time this season, looking prettyyy good for a deadline stash and Markieff being out definitely helped. 4 stocks (so far)!

Edited by m1dday

He played a lot of PF today, for some reason casey loves Markieff. Wood does pretty well when Kieff sits. 

he has some really springy athleticism. He’s able to get above rim level with two foot gathers just under the rim, but he explodes up so fast. Also had a monster block on Jaren.

2 hours ago, vnmslsrbms said:

Sorry you've had to suffer through these years.  But the Billups/Rip/Rasheed/Prince/Ben Wallace days were gold!

oh yea ... I know that. I’ve been lucky enough to experience the Bad Boys Pistons team, and the Goin to work Pistons. I think that’s why I’m so disappointed in the new ownership. 

anyways. Nice game to that from our Wood

12 hours ago, Ray Barboni said:

Pistons giving Reggie Jackson a max contract after this season. 

Last two weeks:

Rank 99 - 57% fg (8.1 attempts), 79% FT (5.4 attempts), 14.5 / 5 / .5 / 1 / .8 and 1 three and 1.4 TO in just 22 mpg

Last 7 days:

Rank 80 - 51% FG (8.8 attempts), 88% FT (4.3 attempts), 13.8 / 5.5 / .5 / 1.5 / .8 and 1 three and 1.8 TO in just 21 mpg

How about over the last 30 days?

Rank 99 - 52% FG, 81%  FT, 12 / 5.7 / .8 / .8 / 1.1 and .8 threes and 1.3 TO in just 20 mpg

It really is mind boggling. His advanced stats are through the roof, he's their most impactful player, he has their best per minute stats, and yet Casey is the only thing standing in his way. He's a walking triple 1, double double, percentages monster waiting to happen. He has a clear top 40 upside (if not higher) just based on extrapolated stats. At this point I really can't understand the cognitive dissonance from @Gile Pile

Promising signs:

1. He's playing way more next to Drummond lately

2. Markieff Morris is rumoured to be possibly dealt for a 2nd round pick - this is vital because Kieff is even more important for Wood than Drummond is. Teams are afraid Drummond will walk in the offseason - so they won't fork over a first rounder, but Kieff can be a solid bench addition for a contender at a cheap price, this'll easily open up that 27 - 30 mpg role we've been waiting for. Morris has been standing in his way all season because Drummond eats at Center, leaving Wood sporadic C and PF min. When Morris plays, Wood will often play 13-16 minutes despite out performing most guys on the team, Casey is just enamoured by vets, so we should all be hoping this happens.

3. He's learning to be productive even in shorter stints, the floor is getting much better compared to a while back, which makes him less of a headache to own and makes him a possible keeper even if a trade doesn't materialize.

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lifschitz said:

Last two weeks:

Rank 99 - 57% fg (8.1 attempts), 79% FT (5.4 attempts), 14.5 / 5 / .5 / 1 / .8 and 1 three and 1.4 TO in just 22 mpg

Last 7 days:

Rank 80 - 51% FG (8.8 attempts), 88% FT (4.3 attempts), 13.8 / 5.5 / .5 / 1.5 / .8 and 1 three and 1.8 TO in just 21 mpg

How about over the last 30 days?

Rank 99 - 52% FG, 81%  FT, 12 / 5.7 / .8 / .8 / 1.1 and .8 threes and 1.3 TO in just 20 mpg

It really is mind boggling. His advanced stats are through the roof, he's their most impactful player, he has their best per minute stats, and yet Casey is the only thing standing in his way. He's a walking triple 1, double double, percentages monster waiting to happen. He has a clear top 40 upside (if not higher) just based on extrapolated stats. At this point I really can't understand the cognitive dissonance from @Gile Pile

Promising signs:

1. He's playing way more next to Drummond lately

2. Markieff Morris is rumoured to be possibly dealt for a 2nd round pick - this is vital because Kieff is even more important for Wood than Drummond is. Teams are afraid Drummond will walk in the offseason - so they won't fork over a first rounder, but Kieff can be a solid bench addition for a contender at a cheap price, this'll easily open up that 27 - 30 mpg role we've been waiting for. Morris has been standing in his way all season because Drummond eats at Center, leaving Wood sporadic C and PF min. When Morris plays, Wood will often play 13-16 minutes despite out performing most guys on the team, Casey is just enamoured by vets, so we should all be hoping this happens.

3. He's learning to be productive even in shorter stints, the floor is getting much better compared to a while back, which makes him less of a headache to own and makes him a possible keeper even if a trade doesn't materialize.

where are the rankings from?  BBM has different ranks (9 cat, H2H, per game:  1w -  61st, 2w - 105th);   Wood is productive,  but not consistent at all  Start h

Anyway,  I made a point of trying to watch few Pistons games (it is a very painful experience) over last few weeks. In my opinion,   Wood does not look like  potential, quality starter on a good team.   Just my take, when/if Morris is traded, Sekou will get all the minutes he can handle and Wood will be under 25 min per game ros.  The only way he gets close to 30 min mark is if Drummond is shut down at some point

2 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

where are the rankings from?  BBM has different ranks (9 cat, H2H, per game:  1w -  61st, 2w - 105th);   Wood is productive,  but not consistent at all  Start h

Anyway,  I made a point of trying to watch few Pistons games (it is a very painful experience) over last few weeks. In my opinion,   Wood does not look like  potential, quality starter on a good team.   Just my take, when/if Morris is traded, Sekou will get all the minutes he can handle and Wood will be under 25 min per game ros.  The only way he gets close to 30 min mark is if Drummond is shut down at some point

I just looked him up on the ESPN Player Rater  for 8 cat.  Not perfect but gives a sense.  He is #54 for 15 days and #55 for 30 days.   I agree that he is not a quality starter for a good team and if he gets traded to a contender he will likely be a drop, but if Drummond gets traded, or gets shut down, he becomes a stat stuffer on a bad team.    With how he is playing right now, no reason not to keep him around until playoff time.     

Please move Markieff.

Another sexy line. Second game in a row with 30+ min..

• Like 1

Looks like Casey has finally woken up and gave the guy the PT he deserves.

Congrats to those who held on through the tough times.

8 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

Looks like Casey has finally woken up and gave the guy the PT he deserves.

Congrats to those who held on through the tough times.

I dropped Brandon clarke for him three weeks ago, I’ve probably picked up and dropped wood 6 times this year, but I’ve held on the last three weeks.

Monster upside wins leagues. I’m not going to hope for a guy to break out when his team is competitive and he’s a bench player behind very productive players. 

You want the teams who are bad and searching for answers late in the season, that’s where you’ll find your waiver wire gems. 

That being said, we’re not out of the “woods” yet, Casey can be unpredictable. I’m quite confident beating that suns team will go a long way to winning him a big role moving forward, if not the starting PF role entirely.

Edited by Lifschitz

His defense looked pretty good today. Maybe he’s earning Casey’s trust.