lbjames6

Christian Wood 2019-2020 Outlook

20 minutes ago, simon said:

Happy for this guy, sets are actually being called for him now! He’s getting the ball now in his sweet spots (mid to high post, pnr) and he’s flourishing, showing off his ballhandling and ability to finish in traffic. Of course his range is still a vital aspect of his game. Critical to get his shots falling early to get open up those driving lanes where he can attack and get fouls.

Must have been like a dream for him, from just being contented on putbacks, drop passes and kickouts, now he is being used as a feature player. Congrats to wood and those who picked him up. 🔥

You made that trade for Brogdon bro? 

11 hours ago, ginocan said:

League Winnah if the dumb coach doesn’t get any dumber and cockblocked Wood. Pun intended. 

Not to rain on everyone’s parade — I’ve long been invested in Wood — but I think the biggest risk now is that he picks up an injury. Playing heavy minutes. Unchartered territory here...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IDatDude said:

You made that trade for Brogdon bro? 

Nah bro, ill probably wait a few games until wood’s stock catches up to his production. Right now, not everyone’s buying his upside so it’s hard to get an equal value trade. Still planning to make a trade as i have a surplus of bigs, but i will maybe make a move closer to the fantasy deadline.

Edited by simon

4 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Not to rain on everyone’s parade — I’ve long been invested in Wood — but I think the biggest risk now is that he picks up an injury. Playing heavy minutes. Unchartered territory here...

Fingers crossed 🤞🏻 

3 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Agree. But injuries are part of the game. I can live with him getting injured while balling. Can’t stand coach/team decision to hold a talented player down. 

He have youth on his side. So hopefully he can be smart and avoid the injury bug. 

League Winnahhhhhh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, simon said:

Nah bro, ill probably wait a few games until wood’s stock catches up to his production. Right now, not everyone’s buying his upside so it’s hard to get an equal value trade. Still planning to make a trade as i have a surplus of bigs, but i will maybe make a move closer to the fantasy deadline.

Wood's value is in flux right now -- there are buyers, but only at the right price. 

Since Drummond got dealt I've been unable to acquire this guy offering players like J-Rich, Clarke or TJW even, so the asking price seems to be around a top-50 player but some may feel differently, depending on league/situation. 

• Like 1

Who else you see in the running for WW pick up of the year? Graham, Chriss, Beasley etc...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 80version said:

Wood's value is in flux right now -- there are buyers, but only at the right price. 

Since Drummond got dealt I've been unable to acquire this guy offering players like J-Rich, Clarke or TJW even, so the asking price seems to be around a top-50 player but some may feel differently, depending on league/situation. 

TBH, those offers are very underwhelming to say the least. I dunno how long the manager stashed Wood for, but I did since December and my patience has been tested with this guy and I'm finally reaping the rewards, maybe even more. Surely other early-stashers would feel similar.

With that being said, I believe someone in the top 50-40 range would make me consider with usage and minutes being a factor.

1 hour ago, 80version said:

yep agree with above, would need to be a top 50 player or packaging 2-3 of those players to pry Wood away from me. He is like a fantasy cheat code.

27 minutes ago, Obliviate said:

TBH, those offers are very underwhelming to say the least. I dunno how long the manager stashed Wood for, but I did since December and my patience has been tested with this guy and I'm finally reaping the rewards, maybe even more. Surely other early-stashers would feel similar.

With that being said, I believe someone in the top 50-40 range would make me consider with usage and minutes being a factor.

Understandable, which is why he’s a tough sell for me.  As much as I like his ROS outlook I’m not ready to give up a top-50 guy when Wood just got Casey’d two games ago. 

I wouldn’t sell Wood for a J-Rich or Clarke either, but I’m also not giving up a top-50 guy for him (yet).  

38 minutes ago, 80version said:

Understandable, which is why he’s a tough sell for me.  As much as I like his ROS outlook I’m not ready to give up a top-50 guy when Wood just got Casey’d two games ago. 

I wouldn’t sell Wood for a J-Rich or Clarke either, but I’m also not giving up a top-50 guy for him (yet).  

If you’re a buyer, right now is exactly the perfect time to buy from owners looking to cash in. Wood is still within reach for an offer of someone just outside of top 50. Each passing game will just legitimize wood’s ros value.

4 hours ago, 80version said:

If by “in flux” you mean skyrocketing, then I agree.

• Like 3

Just now, NoHablaIngles said:

Casey is a trash bag coach. And probably a trash bag human being. Absolute fool. 

While I agree that he is trash bag coach, I strongly disagree with the statement that he is "..probably a trash bag human being. Absolute fool. ".   Have you meet him in person or are you making those based on fantasy impact on your team?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Honesty I’m good with it. Rather have him go against the Bucks second unit.

Betcha you’re gonna see like -35 in the boxscore in the plus/minus column next to all the starters names.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

While I agree that he is trash bag coach, I strongly disagree with the statement that he is "..probably a trash bag human being. Absolute fool. ".   Have you meet him in person or are you making those based on fantasy impact on your team?

You must be a lot of fun at parties...

It's a joke dawg. Relax, don't take life so seriously

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, NoHablaIngles said:

You must be a lot of fun at parties...

It's a joke dawg. Relax, don't take life so seriously

Your mom is a ho'!

Relax it's just a joke.

You cant cancel out the dumb things you say by saying "it's just a joke". 

Edited by bballshinobi
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, bballshinobi said:

Your mom is a ho'!

Relax it's just a joke.

You cant cancel out the dumb things you say by saying "it's just a joke". 

With all due respect is the proper term. 

1 minute ago, prinserj21 said:

With all due respect is the proper term. 

lol or starting with "No offense..." ?

7 minutes ago, bballshinobi said:

lol or starting with "No offense..." ?

With all due respect... and I mean no offense... you are a trash bag of a poster and you are probably a trash bag of a human being. Absolute fool.

Edited by NoHablaIngles

3 minutes ago, NoHablaIngles said:

With all due respect... and I mean no offense... you are a trash bag of a poster and you are probably a trash bag of a human being. Absolute fool.

Learn to have some respect or learn how to clown someone without being an a**hole about it. This one is on you. 

• Like 3

Wood is a UFA in a couple months meanwhile Sekou is their top draft pick and Thon is an RFA. This is likely a front office move to get playing time for the guys with a long term outlook.

Just now, NBA_OG said:

Learn to have some respect or learn how to clown someone without being an a**hole about it. This one is on you. 

Agreed. Can’t attribute everything to “it’s just a joke”. Joke wasn’t even funny 😵

• Like 1