lbjames6

Christian Wood 2019-2020 Outlook

33 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

issue isn’t wood, it’s casey.

yesterday he had 9 and 6 at the half in barely any time. End of the third comes and Casey decides you know what? It’s time to put in thong maker for no reason 

Sometimes thong can lead to wood 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Can’t he be taught?

people just keep throwing out this anecdotal low iq stuff with zero evidence. It’s a convenient talking point which isn’t backed by anything really. Also anecdotal but I watch him play and he looks really sound to me. He’ll never break out under casey, he needs a young coach and the pistons will either need a trade or to slow down Drummond and griffin playing such heavy minutes. It’s clear this is all a poor fit anyhow, they’re struggling to get wins.

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Thanks 1

Thon Maker closed this game guys FYI. 

Markieff played a lot as well.

Christian of course is a decent pickup since he does damage even in 20 mins or less.

Im not falling for it. Even without drummond and bg he couldnt crack 25 mins. Itll take another big man to go down beforr his unleashed 

Honestly, the Griffin injury doesn't affect Wood's minutes too much imo. Morris gets bulk of BG's minutes.

Now we see a clear picture of what he looks like with Drummond out. He actually needs both of Drummond and Maker to be out to get close to 30 mins.... Oh and BG too lol.

Yeah, that's still a no for me. 22 minutes yesterday? If he cannot play 30 mins with BG limited and Drummond out then this means around 20 mins with Drummond back. I guess they prefer the spacing of Kieff from the PF position? Kieff makes more sense next to Drummond although playing Maker >0 minutes doesn't make any sense.

Edited by RipCity0
  • Like 1

I think Drummond only misses a game don't see him being all too affected with that eye inflammation. Once griffin gets traded i'd be on that wood train 100 % 

12 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Y’all know that according to Basketball Reference he’s backing up Blake, not Drummond, right?

This is not accurate though. Kieff is backing up Blake. So according to basketball reference Kieff is the backup C?

• Like 2

Just now, RipCity0 said:

This is not accurate though. Kieff is backing up Blake. So according to basketball reference Kieff is the backup C?

I should clarify, BR is saying Wood gets the majority of his minutes at PF.

with BG out wood would play next to drummond... regardless if he's backing up drummond. It would be wood / morris rotating with thon backing up drummond if BG is to miss time.

Seems to be a case of the glass being half full versus half empty.

A lot of guys are disappointed — and rightly so — that Wood didn’t get 30+ mins with Drummond out and Blake exiting early. 

But I’d say Wood stepped up with a double double in meaningful minutes in a road win against a good Rockets team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Seems to be a case of the glass being half full versus half empty.

A lot of guys are disappointed — and rightly so — that Wood didn’t get 30+ mins with Drummond out and Blake exiting early. 

But I’d say Wood stepped up with a double double in meaningful minutes in a road win against a good Rockets team.

casey doesn’t notice it 

• Haha 1