lbjames6

Christian Wood 2019-2020 Outlook

I'm surprised so many are high on this guy.  Look at his history.  He's Chriss 2.0.

Cut your loses with this guy fellas.  He's not good.  He's exactly the type of guy who Casey would hate using.  No way does he ever get a consistent 25+ mins.  I'll happily eat my words but I'm confident it doesn't happen as long the situation stays the same in Detroit.  Speaking of which this Detroit team is so bad.  Even if they somehow win this one it's the hollowest of wins.

Edited by ComeOnAndSlam
  • Haha 2

Just now, claptondecheeks said:

his true position is PF. He might be better when Drummond is back. Can they play alongside each other?

They play alongside each other all the time according to Basketball Reference.

1 minute ago, claptondecheeks said:

his true position is PF. He might be better when Drummond is back. Can they play alongside each other?

Technically yes....if Morris weren’t around. Morris plays PF/C and starts at PF when Drummond plays and BG is out. Morris also closes when either BG or Drummond is out. 

Lmao my goodness. Imagine relying on this journeyman to save your fantasy team :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

the fact C Wood closed the game after the last ~2 min turned into garbage time is good.

1) it's not like the defense was any better (in fact, it was prob worse) with Maker.

2) shows you the plan in Detroit- when the season turns into garbage time, Wood will get prioritized.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don’t know who I’ve picked up more

Wood or Brooks 

All I know is that I have yet to reap the rewards for either of them. All I get is their dud games lol 

• Haha 2

This guy probably lost me FT% in the first game of the week.

I should've added Morris or Brown from Detroit instead.

• Haha 2

wx6wqi7jx3541.jpg

Dude is shooting FTs after the game after his subpar performance tonight from the line. He's got heart, I'll give him that.

• Like 8

It’s really too bad Casey is the Coach.  This is part of the same reason why he was let go in Toronto.  He’s so resistant to change, and refuses to give young guys minutes; even in a year where rebuilding is required.

Wood should have seen 35 minutes tonight no question.

1 hour ago, MathieuVirtuoso said:

I'm holding onto the Woodsman for one more game.. I'm assuming Drummond will be back on Wednesday so we can see where his minutes will be without Griffin in there. 

Wondering if it will just be the same mins as the start of the yr when Griffin was out?

Edited by deathrazor

Just now, deathrazor said:

Wondering if it will just be the same mins as the start of the yr when Griffin was out?

It's very possible, but I think it's worth the gamble to see if there is any sort of movement with it. Thon Maker's minutes have been god awful so even a 5-6 minute bump for Wood from his usual 17 would have value. 

8 hours ago, Kawz said:

It’s really too bad Casey is the Coach.

Wood’s getting more opportunity in Detroit than he did in Philly, Charlotte, New Orleans, and Milwaukee. Yea, too bad for Wood he got stuck with Casey.

9 hours ago, Monkeyking69 said:

I was gonna drop wood to activate FOX but this dude is definitely more valuable than THJ f--- .. clown 

Im in the same boat

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Kawz said:

It’s really too bad Casey is the Coach.  This is part of the same reason why he was let go in Toronto.  He’s so resistant to change, and refuses to give young guys minutes; even in a year where rebuilding is required.

Wood should have seen 35 minutes tonight no question.

5 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Wood’s getting more opportunity in Detroit than he did in Philly, Charlotte, New Orleans, and Milwaukee. Yea, too bad for Wood he got stuck with Casey.

It's hard to blame Casey though...it isn't like Wood is an excellent NBA rotation player, although he's great for fantasy.  Even last year he was reluctant to give Bruce Brown or Kennard big minutes, this year they're playing more because they're improved and more ready to handle big minutes on a team trying to win.  If anything the fact that Wood is playing more than any other stop in his career is encouraging.  And like someone else posted it's a great sign he's getting garbage time minutes, because there will likely be a lot of garbage time...way more blowouts this year than in any other year i think. 

I do agree with what you say above but I don’t think many other coaches would play a Thon Maker over a Wood either.  I’m from Toronto and had to watch Casey give big minutes to our aging players, refuse to alter rotations and play making to counter opposing teams strategy, etc.  I’m just not a big fan of his tbh so this just screams of par for the course.  

He’ll play Brown because of his hard nose style of play but that’s an exception to what Casey would normally do.

7 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

I'm just here to respond that MDWA was a great movie. Did you see Mindwalk?