Sign in to follow this  
COBBLEPOT

Willie Cauley Stein 2019-2020 Outlook

what we lookin at for WCS?

i feel like this year will be his make it or break it season and can go either way..

projections? 

Edited by COBBLEPOT

IDK man but I took him late. I feel he fits in well with what the warriors want to do and that he will start over Looney.

Maybe McGee-like numbers from when he played with the warriors?

How long is WCS expected to be out?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

IDK man but I took him late. I feel he fits in well with what the warriors want to do and that he will start over Looney.

Maybe McGee-like numbers from when he played with the warriors?

How long is WCS expected to be out?

Same. Took him later as a 3rd Center. 

I took him as a flier late....some seem to think Looney is going to grab the job and run with it, which could certainly happen.  But I think there is enough of a chance that WCS gets solid minutes that you have to at least wait and see in leagues where you have an IR.  Especially if you need some boards....his blocks are never great, but he does get a good number of steals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Highlander23 said:

I took him as a flier late....some seem to think Looney is going to grab the job and run with it, which could certainly happen.  But I think there is enough of a chance that WCS gets solid minutes that you have to at least wait and see in leagues where you have an IR.  Especially if you need some boards....his blocks are never great, but he does get a good number of steals.

I don't think they need Looney in the starting lineup bc his game is so similar to Dray's. WCS is more dynamic and I could see him eating off the pick and role with Green Curry and D-Lo.

1 hour ago, claptondecheeks said:

I don't think they need Looney in the starting lineup bc his game is so similar to Dray's. WCS is more dynamic and I could see him eating off the pick and role with Green Curry and D-Lo.

I'm sorry, have you ever watched Kevon Looney and Draymond Green play basketball?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, markdash said:

I'm sorry, have you ever watched Kevon Looney and Draymond Green play basketball?

Not really, no.

I meant on the defensive end of the floor.

I'm pretty sure both WCS and Looney will have a timeshare with both playing around 20-24 minutes regardless of who's starting. What I'm not sure is if GS can still afford to play Draymond at center closing games now that they don't really have anyone good capable of playing PF when going small so hopefully they will always have either Looney or WCS playing. 

Edited by Raiiny

27 minutes ago, Raiiny said:

I'm pretty sure both WCS and Looney will have a timeshare with both playing around 20-24 minutes regardless of who's starting. What I'm not sure is if GS can still afford to play Draymond at center closing games now that they don't really have anyone good capable of playing PF when going small so hopefully they will always have either Looney or WCS playing. 

I'm personally a big believer in WCS's talent over Looney. Looney has never impressed me and I think Willie is well suited to the Warriors style. That coupled with the fact that games will be much more competitive without KD, I think they'll have to play their best lineup more than ever before, which includes Cauley-Stein. Just be patient and wait for WCS to feast. 

1 minute ago, stay_woke said:

I'm personally a big believer in WCS's talent over Looney. Looney has never impressed me and I think Willie is well suited to the Warriors style. That coupled with the fact that games will be much more competitive without KD, I think they'll have to play their best lineup more than ever before, which includes Cauley-Stein. Just be patient and wait for WCS to feast. 

Kerr likes playing his bigs that can kind of spread the floor and never played traditional bigman many minutes. Looney is actually going to be shooting some 3's this year to spread the floor. I do think WCS will be pretty good especially with DLO in pick n rolls but I don't see him getting more than 24 minutes a game. I picked him up because I wanted a 4th center that can get around 10/8 1blk/stl, we'll see though.

2 minutes ago, Raiiny said:

Kerr likes playing his bigs that can kind of spread the floor and never played traditional bigman many minutes. Looney is actually going to be shooting some 3's this year to spread the floor. I do think WCS will be pretty good especially with DLO in pick n rolls but I don't see him getting more than 24 minutes a game. I picked him up because I wanted a 4th center that can get around 10/8 1blk/stl, we'll see though.

Agree with you on the spacing issue, which is the only thing I think holds WCS back. I expect Willie to play pretty much all the minutes when Draymond is off the court and hopefully close out games as well as I think he is a better defender than Looney too. I think 24-28 minutes when he is fully up to speed is my projection.

1 hour ago, Quazza said:

we need him back

Badly

When is he due to return? I think they said on the broadcast that he will be revaluated at the end of the month?

Sounds like Looney's hamstring could be a more serious issue...a neuropathic condition.  If that ends up being the case, he could be off the floor for a long time...nerve issues can be pretty tough to deal with.  Hope for the best for Looney, but it may open the door to more PT for WCS when he comes back.

So much of fantasy is about risk-taking (a metaphor of life perhaps?).  If he's on your waivers, you might as well stash him if you have someone you're not attached to long-term.  The Warriors obviously need him, and although he's not their answer, the dude has the height and speed to make a difference on a Kerr-run team that has a glaring need for any decent center.  Grab that dude, but don't be disappointed if he lets you down.

He's been bad in real life and bad in fantasy his entire career, beyond maybe 14 teams and deeper I don't know why you'd stash him. Once Looney comes back his value will also be very, very low.

29 minutes ago, JStyles said:

He's been bad in real life and bad in fantasy his entire career, beyond maybe 14 teams and deeper I don't know why you'd stash him. Once Looney comes back his value will also be very, very low.

lol wut. He averaged 12/8.4/2.4 with almost 2 stocks just last season and played in 81 games. What the heck are you talking about? Looney is a worse player and is also injury prone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stay_woke said:

lol wut. He averaged 12/8.4/2.4 with almost 2 stocks just last season and played in 81 games. What the heck are you talking about? Looney is a worse player and is also injury prone. 

lol wut. He's never finished close to being in the top 100 on per game value even when he was the undisputed starter and was playing 28mpg. Looney is clearly a Kerr favourite and they desperately need his defence, and there's no reason to believe Looney is going to be out long-term.

BBall Monster has him at 23mpg which looks about right to me when Looney is healthy, with a projected line of 8.7/6.9/1.9. He doesn't get you blocks and is a poor FT shooter.

If you want to stash 8, 7 and 2 with bad FTs and poor defensive stats, go ahead. Like I said, 14 teams and deeper.

10 minutes ago, JStyles said:

lol wut. He's never finished close to being in the top 100 on per game value even when he was the undisputed starter and was playing 28mpg. Looney is clearly a Kerr favourite and they desperately need his defence, and there's no reason to believe Looney is going to be out long-term.

BBall Monster has him at 23mpg which looks about right to me when Looney is healthy, with a projected line of 8.7/6.9/1.9. He doesn't get you blocks and is a poor FT shooter.

If you want to stash 8, 7 and 2 with bad FTs and poor defensive stats, go ahead. Like I said, 14 teams and deeper.

i agree .. i dropped him for bagley on my IL