Sign in to follow this  
COBBLEPOT

Willie Cauley Stein 2019-2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, kane said:

Yup, Carlisle love bigman who can shoot(Powell and Kleber),also he always go small ball lineup

I only think he will just ruin Kleber value

how will this ruin Kleber's value when WCS can't shoot at all? kleber is still the primary backup for both pf/c

• Like 2

Yall think Spellman is the pickup for GSW then? All he has to contend with is Chriss and Draymond occasionally.

As a huge Mavs fan, I love this.

However, I'd advise y'all to hold.  Carlisle is more than happy to play small and surround Luka with more shooters.

Kleber can play the 5 and Zingis, though he doesn't like playing 5, is actually quite good at it; we're not even playing Boban. 

WCS should get about 20-25 mpg but I don't expect him to have much value, at least not immediately.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

So he starts at the 4 and Green at the 5? 
That seems awfully undersized..

Kerr liked that combo last game and suggested it. WE SHALT SEE

4 minutes ago, MWon said:

However, I'd advise y'all to hold.  Carlisle is more than happy to play small and surround Luka with more shooters.

Kleber can play the 5 and Zingis, though he doesn't like playing 5, is actually quite good at it; we're not even playing Boban. 

WCS should get about 20-25 mpg but I don't expect him to have much value, at least not immediately.

Will Carlisle continue to employ small ball with Curry with this move?

7 minutes ago, MWon said:

As a warriors fan, I love this too. Hope he does well for you guys. Dude was trash here. Not a bad in fantasy this season though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Trench Mob said:

Will Carlisle continue to employ small ball with Curry with this move?

This was a very low cost move for the Mavs for just added depth, Carlisle will still play small ball with curry/Wright 

Wouldn't be surprised.  Then again, he could also turn it around and use Delon more, since Delon did get 28 minutes last game and was supposed to be one of our better FA acquisitions last year.  I guess it depends on whether the Mavs need defense or offense on a game-by-game basis.

• Like 1

Just now, MWon said:

Wouldn't be surprised.  Then again, he could also turn it around and use Delon more, since Delon did get 28 minutes last game and was supposed to be one of our better FA acquisitions last year.  I guess it depends on whether the Mavs need defense or offense on a game-by-game basis.

Let's just hope barea isnt back in the rotation lol.

So there's a ripple effect for us here ...

- gets us $2.57M under hardcap
- clears roster spot
- can sign Bowman AND Chriss for rest of season . . .

There’s no reason why he wouldn’t be slotting in where Powell left off, at at least minutes wise. That’d make him worth a speculative pickup in 12+ team. Won’t hurt with the 4 game week next week too for Dallas. 

Dallas coach Rick Carlisle was non-committal about Willie Cauley-Stein's role for Monday's game vs. the Thunder.

He wouldn't even guarantee that WCS would be activated, though the expectation is that he will be. WCS just joined the team on Sunday night, so Carlisle said the big man will be eased into things. "We’ll give [Cauley-Stein] the crash course and try to simplify things for him initially, get him going and see where we are," Carlisle said. WCS is just a low-end grab for big man stats and Maxi Kleber is still the better player to own for now, but the Mavs are at least excited about the depth they now have up front. "He’s a rim-protector. He’s a rim-roller," Carlisle said. "His rebounding is good. We feel there’s areas that he can get better. I talked to him a little bit about those things."

8 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Dallas coach Rick Carlisle was non-committal about Willie Cauley-Stein's role for Monday's game vs. the Thunder.

Carlisle trying to tell the dude he's not that good and expect a minimal role but beating around the bush lol.

Just now, Trench Mob said:

Carlisle trying to tell the dude he's not that good and expect a minimal role but beating around the bush lol.

Yea looking like Nerlens part 2 smh.

Just now, DezedandConfused said:

Yea looking like Nerlens part 2 smh.

That's a good thing IMO. That means I can keep Seth Curry.

• Haha 1

He's on my roster and he's playing, hopefully, in back to back games...two day tryout time!

Why make the move if they're not going to use him...

1 minute ago, Trench Mob said:

That's a good thing IMO. That means I can keep Seth Curry.

He's close to 50/40/90 this year again. I was a little surprised to see his career averages 46.7/43.2/85.8, very similar to Steph's -_- 

1 minute ago, kane said:

Seems DNP in this game

Yeah, hasn't really had a full practice with the team but their small ball scheme is working pretty well so far anyway. Kleber is getting killed on the boards though, so maybe he gets to play tomorrow.

I find it somewhat strange that all the rotoworld writers have written this guy off and are full in on Kleber even before Cauley has even joined the team. Then when Cauley joins the team for first game(no practice yet) he gets a DNP and they pretty much suggest this confirms Kleber is the guy to own and Cauley won’t have much of a roll. They all must of grabbed Kleber after the trade went down. 

• Haha 1

Flip Cauley/along with Delon and a first for Drummond and Svi. 😎lol

WCS stands for Wait...ChampionSHIP!

Prove em wrong tonight Trilly!

• Haha 1

think he is an under the radar stream pickup for while Luka is out.