Sign in to follow this  
wendellrott

Olabisi Johnson 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, wendellrott said:

Great matchup this week, good plug and play if Thielen is out

Ok 👍 . You honestly believe that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After rethinking this, the offense is designed around diggs and thielen and their spots on the field...if he’s taking thielens role...definitely has wr2 upside then.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting opposite Diggs Thursday night, serviceable plug/play. 8 targets last week, should see similar volume.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, wendellrott said:

Great matchup this week, good plug and play if Thielen is out

Agreed, not sure why anyone would find this funny.  He got 8 targets last week plus a TD and is clearly the next man up.  He's a solid one week play if you need the help.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, mrfrood said:

Too bad BSPN has never heard of him. 

 

He's Bisi Johnson on ESPN.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Deke said:

 

He's Bisi Johnson on ESPN.

 

same on CBS ... i spent 5 minutes digging for "ObLaDiObLaDa" when it is just "Bisi" 🤠

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I own Thielen and didn’t pick him up. More than likely better options out there and I’m even in a 16 team league. Looks like a running game and cousins may drop back to pass 15 times tonight. 
 

Probably will be a Cook game with Mattison in there late. More than likely a slow paced game. They have other wrs as well. 
 

Go ahead and start if you like, but I am not expecting anything more than 5-40 or so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PackerBacker555 said:

I own Thielen and didn’t pick him up. More than likely better options out there and I’m even in a 16 team league. Looks like a running game and cousins may drop back to pass 15 times tonight. 
 

Probably will be a Cook game with Mattison in there late. More than likely a slow paced game. They have other wrs as well. 
 

Go ahead and start if you like, but I am not expecting anything more than 5-40 or so. 


the Vikings will throw until they don’t have to, which is about 28-32 attempts in a positive game script. Cousins completes 70%, so 22 completions. If Diggs is good for 6-8, that’s 14-16 left. 3-4 for dalvin. 10 left. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:


the Vikings will throw until they don’t have to, which is about 28-32 attempts in a positive game script. Cousins completes 70%, so 22 completions. If Diggs is good for 6-8, that’s 14-16 left. 3-4 for dalvin. 10 left. 

A couple assumptions I don't completely agree with. The Vikings will *run* until they don't have to in this game, not pass, especially in this game. You mention game script...that Redskins are not taking the lead in this game. They cant throw and they can't score. They are going to run AP as much as they can to run the clock and try to keep it close. I don't see a 30+ attempt game from Kirk at all. Vikes should easily take an early lead, and then ride Cook and Mattinson while the Redskins self-destruct. Fewer possessions = fewer plays.

Cousins is only averaging about 18.8 completions per game, and that is with some positive game scripts so far. Even assuming that stays the norm, Diggs is going to be fed more than usual, you mentioned Cook, but forgot 3-4 from Rudolph, a few from Mattinson...it's always dangerous assuming ALL the free targets will automatically go entirely to the injury replacement.

It a shootout type game? Sure, Bisi might be a great streamer. On a Thursday night game against the most inept offense in the NFL? I just don't see how this game will allow him to get many chances at all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, UVA_Drew said:

A couple assumptions I don't completely agree with. The Vikings will *run* until they don't have to in this game, not pass, especially in this game. You mention game script...that Redskins are not taking the lead in this game. They cant throw and they can't score. They are going to run AP as much as they can to run the clock and try to keep it close. I don't see a 30+ attempt game from Kirk at all. Vikes should easily take an early lead, and then ride Cook and Mattinson while the Redskins self-destruct. Fewer possessions = fewer plays.

Cousins is only averaging about 18.8 completions per game, and that is with some positive game scripts so far. Even assuming that stays the norm, Diggs is going to be fed more than usual, you mentioned Cook, but forgot 3-4 from Rudolph, a few from Mattinson...it's always dangerous assuming ALL the free targets will automatically go entirely to the injury replacement.

It a shootout type game? Sure, Bisi might be a great streamer. On a Thursday night game against the most inept offense in the NFL? I just don't see how this game will allow him to get many chances at all.

Cousins has been on fire lately and this is a revenge game for him.  I wouldn't be shocked if he throws a ton. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PackerBacker555 said:

I own Thielen and didn’t pick him up. More than likely better options out there and I’m even in a 16 team league. Looks like a running game and cousins may drop back to pass 15 times tonight. 
 

Probably will be a Cook game with Mattison in there late. More than likely a slow paced game. They have other wrs as well. 
 

Go ahead and start if you like, but I am not expecting anything more than 5-40 or so. 

I disagree.  It is a revenge game for Cousins.  The Vikings will throw the ball like crazy the first half for sure.  After that I see it being more Mattison than Cook.  Both Cousins and Keenum (both revenge games) have something to prove so both will be slinging like crazy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the end of the day no one knows anything about predicting game script, hence it's a fools errand. No one predicting the dolphins playing the bills tough IN BUFFALO... 

At the end of the day, primetime Kirk cousins Is pretty bad if you believe in narratives. If you believe this guy will automatically go into thielen slot, why wouldn't they give diggs more attention and make the ancillary guys best them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

At the end of the day no one knows anything about predicting game script, hence it's a fools errand. No one predicting the dolphins playing the bills tough IN BUFFALO... 

At the end of the day, primetime Kirk cousins Is pretty bad if you believe in narratives. If you believe this guy will automatically go into thielen slot, why wouldn't they give diggs more attention and make the ancillary guys best them?

 

I do agree with the assessment that no one can predict game script, but teams generally don't think they have the game in the bag until very late in the game.  It's not like they will pull the starters in the first half.  Personally I see this as a game where Cook gets a little rest.  He has not gone 16 games yet in one season.  The revenge thing is often big...so I see Cousins coming out slinging.  I am a Vikings fan and have watched them closely.  Reason why I drafted Cook in the first round.  Johnson is a good little receiver the best 3rd WR they have had in a while. He has been getting more looks each game.  This one he is starting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Name the show. 

Image result for adebisi oz

Exactly who I thought this was...

Oz

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.