Sign in to follow this  
mrbonifacio

Jonnu Smith 2019 Outlook

Yeah if Delanie can't go I think Jonnu is a plenty viable TE play this week. He really is a high level talent and the QB change is likely beneficial.

Tampa 2nd worst in league vs TE, but that doesn't always mean success as witnessed by Evan Engram going 1 for 6 vs cardinals last week

19 hours ago, philnutz said:

Tampa 2nd worst in league vs TE, but that doesn't always mean success as witnessed by Evan Engram going 1 for 6 vs cardinals last week

Engram played horrible, got poked in the eye, and it was raining. He just looked terrible. Also, you need the QB to exploit the te matchups, and Daniel Jones is way too erratic.

I'd definitely stream jonnu. Really explosive

19 hours ago, philnutz said:

Tampa is bad defensively against everything. So this won't necessarily be a Jonnu game. Davis, Brown, Humphries, and Henry are all capable of feasting against the Bucs as well.

Edited by ajs723

6 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Tampa is bad defensively against everything. So this won't necessarily be a Jonnu game. Davis, Brown, Humphries, and Henry are all capable of feasting against the Bucs as well.

They are the definition of a pass funnel defense.  They are the best run stopping defense in the league but they are absolutely terrible against defending the pass.

WRs/TEs absolutely destroy them.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

They are the definition of a pass funnel defense.  They are the best run stopping defense in the league but they are absolutely terrible against defending the pass.

WRs/TEs absolutely destroy them.

Didn't realize they were that solid against the run. They definitely can't stop the pass to save their lives. 

I own Walker and hope they sit him - he rarely practices during the week so why not just sit the guy to get him healthy.  Jonnu has been playing majority of the snaps anyway and could handle a game vs the Bucs.

Locked and loaded in DFS. Good matchup if delanie misses the game. Gonna have to throw to beat Tampa's elite run defense

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ajs723 said:

They are actually good vs the run

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ajs723 said:

They have given up the least amount of yards rushing in the NFL. And have been the only team able to stop McCaffrey.

What am I missing here?

15 minutes ago, peleincubus said:

They have given up the least amount of yards rushing in the NFL. And have been the only team able to stop McCaffrey.

What am I missing here?

My bad. I was wrong about the Bucs D against the run. I guess they're just so bad against the pass that I conflated it with them being bad against everything. They have, in fact, been stout against the run this year. Nevertheless, they can't stop anyone from catching the ball. 

[...] TB coming off the bye so maybe they've been able to correct some things in their pass defense that could limit Jonnu's opportunities. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

I feel like he's always done well when given opportunities. I dropped Delanie but if he's declared out I would add Jonnu. Potential backend TE1.

2 hours ago, philnutz said:

They are actually good vs the run

Suh, Vita Vea, David, et all will do that.

3 hours ago, Cord said:

I feel like he's always done well when given opportunities. I dropped Delanie but if he's declared out I would add Jonnu. Potential backend TE1.

Not sure about that? He was basically in the drivers seat towards serious TE1 value last year after Delanie went down. Just didn't work out, but it wasn't like he had a ton of opportunities--as you alluded to. Never got many targets, hopefully with MM benched and Tanne looking like an improvement things change this time around.

No Delanie Walker at practice today either...all aboard the HYPE train!

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

No Delanie Walker at practice today either...all aboard the HYPE train!

Yeah plus we can use the always crowd pleasing narrative of former back-up QB to his old TE practice partner!

TB is the 31st-ranked defense in PPR per game allowed to the TE position, there is some serious ceiling here this week.

1 minute ago, ST. STEVEN said:

TB is the 31st-ranked defense in PPR per game allowed to the TE position, there is some serious ceiling here this week.

Jonnu could easily pull a slant to the house just like evan engram did. He can do serious damage with 4-6 targets. Stacking him and tannehill... This bucs Titans game has some sneaky shoot out potential barring Winston melt down again. 

On 10/24/2019 at 7:42 AM, scheibler said:

Locked and loaded in DFS. Good matchup if delanie misses the game. Gonna have to throw to beat Tampa's elite run defense

Yes sir. This is my DFS darling of the week. With other cheap TE streamers, we can hope is ownership is low.