Sign in to follow this  
mrbonifacio

Jonnu Smith 2019 Outlook

Why does it feel like this guy is gonna blow up tomorrow. Already had an 83% snap count last week. Walker out, Bucs 31st against TE’s this year and we have Ryan Tannehill. Wouldn’t be surprised to see 100 and 2 tiddies. 

4 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

Why does it feel like this guy is gonna blow up tomorrow. Already had an 83% snap count last week. Walker out, Bucs 31st against TE’s this year and we have Ryan Tannehill. Wouldn’t be surprised to see 100 and 2 tiddies. 

2 is always better than just 1...😄

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Nope. Ertz is highly ranked due to name and brand equity at this point and he's barely returned his investment. Youd be better shooting for upside IMO

He's TE6 in PPR averaging 11.9 ppg. How/why people expect 30pts every game is mind bogglingly unrealistic as it HAS NEVER HAPPENED.

He had 10 games last year with zero TDs. 6 games under 50 yards. 4 games under 5 receptions. His best year ever.

Edited by this guy right here

Think it's 50/50 between him and Humphries having a good game over the middle. Definitely expecting Davis and AJB to destroy the Bucs secondary.

28 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

He's TE6 in PPR averaging 11.9 ppg. How/why people expect 30pts every game is mind bogglingly unrealistic as it HAS NEVER HAPPENED.

He had 10 games last year with zero TDs. 6 games under 50 yards. 4 games under 5 receptions. His best year ever.

Assume you are voting Ertz over Smith then? Even with BUF D?

Good one week streamer, but you just know old man Walker is just chomping at the bit to get back in there. He prides himself on his toughness. And when both TEs are active for the Titans they've proven to be useless for fantasy. 

Smith is a golden DFS and streamer this week, though. If Walker's ever out for an extended period this guy gets pretty darn interesting ROS, obviously. 

Edited by LongBalls

I’m scared to start him and this turns into the Adam Humphries revenge game 

19 minutes ago, affliction said:

I’m scared to start him and this turns into the Adam Humphries revenge game 

no balls no babies let’s go 

Really like him, both this week and going forward...but then Matt Berry lead off Fantasy show talking about how he is the super sleeper of the week.

Gotta drop him now

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Armed_Rodgery said:

Dropped Fells for Smith at the 11th hour

Solid streamer TE and potential long term if Delanie is out for more weeks 

Hes way more effective than walker.  Walker needs to retire.

14 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

That panned our gloriously. For once a TE stream worked. 

Could be room for a lot more if delanies out. This guy is pretty good 

He really is a beast with the ball in his hands too. Really no reason he should not be a feature player in this offense...but it is hard to trust that the coach will do so.

1 hour ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Dropped some trash and threw him in my lineup on a whim...didn't really think about it.  Damn, that was nice.  Value moving forward?  

Zero when Delanie is back. 

4 minutes ago, afl5013 said:

Zero when Delanie is back. 

No I don't think so. It's clear he needs to be involved --if not featured in this offense. They run a high amount of 2 TE personnel, so he will be on the field even when Delanie returns--if he even does. Seems like there are indications they might be willing to move on from him?

4 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

No I don't think so. It's clear he needs to be involved --if not featured in this offense. They run a high amount of 2 TE personnel, so he will be on the field even when Delanie returns--if he even does. Seems like there are indications they might be willing to move on from him?

I definitely wouldn't ever feel confident starting the TE2 for the Ryan Tennehill led Titans.

That being said, he would be a solid TE1 if they move on from Delanie.

He was lined up as a receiver on his touchdown yesterday and slotted at WR on 10 total snaps. This dude is a freak, it's just a matter of how much he gets utilized (team-high 7 targets yesterday). Walker's ankle injury is related to the season-ending surgery last season so he could miss some time. It feels good to nail a TE streamer for once. If Walker's out next week I might fire him up over Andrews vs. New England. Game script should be favorable @Carolina. 

2 hours ago, mjagger42 said:

He was lined up as a receiver on his touchdown yesterday and slotted at WR on 10 total snaps. This dude is a freak, it's just a matter of how much he gets utilized (team-high 7 targets yesterday). Walker's ankle injury is related to the season-ending surgery last season so he could miss some time. It feels good to nail a TE streamer for once. If Walker's out next week I might fire him up over Andrews vs. New England. Game script should be favorable @Carolina. 

I could've caught that pass and scored the TD with how much room he had lol. 

37 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

I could've caught that pass and scored the TD with how much room he had lol. 

Agreed. Tanny sucks. Mariota blows. Everyone on the team is a super dart throw. Nothing to see here. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, FritzLn said:

Agreed. Tanny sucks. Mariota blows. Everyone on the team is a super dart throw. Nothing to see here. 

Mmm....the tight end has consistently thrives on this offense. The WRs crapped in a good matchup- sure, but that's qb fault as well. He will lock onto Jonnu ROS