Sign in to follow this  
mrbonifacio

Jonnu Smith 2019 Outlook

6 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Bro...there is a shining light beaming down on your free agent list and it is shining on your savior....Jacob Hollister

He played the Bucs my dude lol they don’t cover the TE

6 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Bro...there is a shining light beaming down on your free agent list and it is shining on your savior....Jacob Hollister

He played the Bucs my dude lol they don’t cover the TE

Walker sat at Thursday practice as did Corey Davis. The matchup is better this week. I think Jonnu puts up a double digit game this week. 

Edited by mrfrood

20 minutes ago, mrfrood said:

Walker out for week 10 and Corey Davis doubtful (https://www.titansonline.com/team/injury-report/). Where is the excitement guys? One bad game against a tough matchup and we lost momentum? Mahomes is gonna play probably forcing Titans to throw it this week. 

No Davis. 

This guy and AJ Brown are both flex worthy for the bold. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah I like him as a top 10 TE this week, I am flexing him in a couple 16 teamers too. Mahomes back and it will mean some extra passing to keep up.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, mrfrood said:

Walker out for week 10 and Corey Davis doubtful (https://www.titansonline.com/team/injury-report/). Where is the excitement guys? One bad game against a tough matchup and we lost momentum? Mahomes is gonna play probably forcing Titans to throw it this week. 

Because it's the Titans at KC and that losing Corey Davis is a bad thing for this offense? Titans wouldn't play with a sense of urgency and go bonkers in the pass game if it hit them in the head. At KC is one of the toughest places to play with mahomes...3-18 was pathetic last week- just as pathetic as the bucs tight end defense

1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Because it's the Titans at KC and that losing Corey Davis is a bad thing for this offense? Titans wouldn't play with a sense of urgency and go bonkers in the pass game if it hit them in the head. At KC is one of the toughest places to play with mahomes...3-18 was pathetic last week- just as pathetic as the bucs tight end defense

The game is in Tennessee.

Starting him over Kittle in PPR with the uncertainty surrounding Kittle's availability Monday night. This is a sneaky bad spot for Titans WRs and a sneaky good spot for Jonnu. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Well at least he did well the previous 2 games unlike whatever Tampa has put out. I would not bench Jonnu this week unless you have sure bets at tight end. 

Coming off the BYE and the remains of Delanie is doubtful...though I did not even see a blurb about it.

Have to think even with Corey Davis returning, Jonnu is gonna be a part of the gameplan. Given the TE landscape I am firing him up in deeper formats...

Delanie Walker just went on IR, so it's all Jonnu now.  Why did Jonnu get zero targets vs Jax?

14 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

Delanie Walker just went on IR, so it's all Jonnu now.  Why did Jonnu get zero targets vs Jax?

No freaking idea. Indy is a middle of the road matchup, but with very little upside in this passing offense and a 0 floor, I can't go back to him again.

This guy is some kinda dynamo with the ball in his hands, some of those catches yesterday were absurdly difficult too.

Can def see him making the jump into the top10 area of TEs next season.

2 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

This guy is some kinda dynamo with the ball in his hands, some of those catches yesterday were absurdly difficult too.

Can def see him making the jump into the top10 area of TEs next season.

If Walker is done/retires he definitely can make the leap as long as RT is coming back.  Hopefully the Waller of 2020 

Man I am tempted to play him again this week, but Saints (specifically Damario Davis) really stifle the TEs.

45 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Man I am tempted to play him again this week, but Saints (specifically Damario Davis) really stifle the TEs.

After watching how they destroyed Jack Doyle on live TV, I would be very wary of playing any tight ends against the Saints.

Titans really don't match up well with the Saints at all. Lattimore is going to be on Brown, which will be tough. Henry is a grinder and Saints been plugging up run all year. They lock down tight ends. Corey Davis stinks. Keys to the game are Humphries and Tannehill extending with his legs. They need to give 25-30 touches to henry. 

I am giving Jonnu Smith a look on the WW this week to mull over on who to start [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

48 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

After watching how they destroyed Jack Doyle on live TV, I would be very wary of playing any tight ends against the Saints.

Titans really don't match up well with the Saints at all. Lattimore is going to be on Brown, which will be tough. Henry is a grinder and Saints been plugging up run all year. They lock down tight ends. Corey Davis stinks. Keys to the game are Humphries and Tannehill extending with his legs. They need to give 25-30 touches to henry. 

Damario is just playing LB at an very high level, he is so underrated. That said, Jonnu is the kind of athlete that could find some success in this matchup. Davis also blitzes a bunch, so Jonnu would be getting the back-up SS (Gardner-Johnson) in coverage too--if Vonn Bell is out again. After watching Jonnu pull some amazing grabs down last week, it is clear he should be the #2 receiving option on this team, but not sure we can trust the team to do that though. He has showed up big before, only to get left totally out of the gameplan the following week.

This kid is really looking impressive. A better offense would pepper this athletic mismatch with many more targets but I digress when AJ Brown can't even get more than a few looks. I still am seeing a top10 Dynasty TE. His speed/agility, routes and esp hands are so elite.