thezing1

Waiver Wire Thread - Week One

24 minutes ago, Impeccable said:

Pj washington college stats aren't prolific.  It's a good gage. 

Kennard could be Reddick like.  Scoring and 3s with little else 

I think with PJ, you're grabbing him for the opportunity and volume. With Batum out, he's looking like a lock for 30+ mins a night

4 hours ago, deathrazor said:

Are you saying PJ isn't that good?

Was thinking of dropping miles bridges for him in a  8 teamer.

Does Miles Bridges even need to be rostered in an 8 team league?

Edited by claptondecheeks
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Does Miles Bridges even need to be rostered in an 8 team league?

An 8 team league would have approximately 100 players rostered depending on roster sizes.  There's optimism he will finish top 100, but it's not like he's a must own in an 8 team league.

20 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

That's what realizing but what the hell happened between the end of last season and this season? I thought they liked him. I mean, he was a lottery pick. They're really gonna give up on him that quickly?

the difference is we brought in some vets this year and established players that are going to be ahead of him on the pecking order, to start the season at least...Hes backing up Marcus Morris but Knox actually played pretty good last nice, pleasantly surprised.... got 20 minutes, shot plus 500 and hit 3 - 3's. nothing else but i'll take it...

im more surprised with Fiz saying Portis is going to be the starting Center of Mitchell.i get that mitchell is raw but we're not going anywhere this year anyway and he really needs all the experience he can get...

2 minutes ago, lacit1707 said:

the difference is we brought in some vets this year and established players that are going to be ahead of him on the pecking order, to start the season at least...Hes backing up Marcus Morris but Knox actually played pretty good last nice, pleasantly surprised.... got 20 minutes, shot plus 500 and hit 3 - 3's. nothing else but i'll take it...

im more surprised with Fiz saying Portis is going to be the starting Center of Mitchell.i get that mitchell is raw but we're not going anywhere this year anyway and he really needs all the experience he can get...

That's what I don't get about the Knicks coaching and management (which, I know, it's the Knicks). You're not gonna win with Marcus Morris, Bobby Portis as part of your core. They're nice pieces, but just complimentary guys. Morris is cool as your 5th starter and Portis should be like the 2nd or 3rd guy off the bench.

The team is not a contender anyways, let the thing guys with potential to be special play. Also, recognize which young guys aren't gonna make it and move on. Mitchell should get all the mins he can, as should Knox. Stop making Trier/Dotson/Ntikilina happen. They're not gonna happen. Focus on Elfrid. He's still young enough to be in his prime when Mitchell, Knox and Barrett enter theirs.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, squidthunder said:

I think with PJ, you're grabbing him for the opportunity and volume. With Batum out, he's looking like a lock for 30+ mins a night

At best you are getting points and 3s with PJ.  Low stocks and a horrible ft %.  Pass

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Impeccable said:

At best you are getting points and 3s with PJ.  Low stocks and a horrible ft %.  Pass

Someone pass the salt 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Impeccable said:

LOL his stocks will likely both be above average. horrible ft%? he shot 82% through summer league and preseason. try harder bro... you mad you missed out we get it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, x2tweaker said:

Nemanja? He went off a year ago when he was in the starting line up.

as a temp add, eh maybe. he sucks but with Bagley out he could be alright for some 3s and scoring but he is a bad real life player

1 hour ago, kobeskillz said:

I got Bacon free agent. I think he's gonna cook.

Cooked Bacon... mmmmmmmmmmmmm

39 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

Cooked Bacon... mmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm not gonna lie. That terrible pun was intentional. lol.

1 hour ago, t0087669 said:

Holmes? He’s good last year even with limited minutes

Added holmes as soon as I saw the bagley news, but using one of my streamer spots

had to decide between portis or Sato... dropped for Graham for his PG ability... those 8 assist looked juicy ..

dropped portis 

Edited by Monkeyking69

2 hours ago, richg24 said:

LOL his stocks will likely both be above average. horrible ft%? he shot 82% through summer league and preseason. try harder bro... you mad you missed out we get it. 

He shot 63 percent from the line through 2 years at college.  I don't think he will magically shoot 20% better.  Much rather have a guy like Barton if available

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, richg24 said:

He went 9/11.  Nice sample size 

Rose is out there if you need PG help.  Won't give you many threes but should be decent on percents, give you about 15 points a night and 3-8 assists.

Had to make a choice between Nunn and Bacon. Real flip of the coin stuff

Went Nunn for the name/pun potential. Dude was sizzling

(I'll see myself out)

Should I release Kennard and pick up Rodney Hood, Tyus Jones, Dario Saric or PJ Tucker? Who is the best out of these players? 

4 hours ago, richg24 said:

He was a 66 percent free throw shooter in college. I am a Kentucky fan and watched him a lot. Depsite his first game, he was never a great shooter and wasn't much of a stocks guy. He averaged like 1 STL and 1block in college against way worse competition than he'll face in the NBA. 

His biggest strength is that he was good at a lot of stuff and great at nothing. Just a solid all around guy. Could play inside out against collegiate players. 

He's looked great at summer league and pre season though, so maybe he fixed it. I purposely stayed away from him because of what I saw the past two years though. But hey, if he keeps it up, good for you guys. Definitely hold. Batum being out will give him tons and tons of minutes

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Impeccable said:

He shot 63 percent from the line through 2 years at college.  I don't think he will magically shoot 20% better.  Much rather have a guy like Barton if available

giphy.gif