thezing1

Waiver Wire Thread - Week One

next week WW boost for Tuesday/ Thursday game streamers

if you're up big this week and want to set yourself up for next week.. check your next week lineups to see if your Monday and Wednesday lineups are full. If they are, pick up players from these teams because they play Tues/Wednesday. This will help you save pickups w nice 2 games for 1 production.

Atl- Len, Huerter (owned in 12+)

Mia- Olynyk, Herro, Nunn, Dragic. the 3 guards are likely already owned, if not pick them up for at least next week.

Den- Barton, Harris, Grant. Barton and Harris are likely owned but worth a pickup if not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just picked up Winslow as Heat play back to back. Should I keep him or grab Miles Bridges and or PJ Washington?

1 hour ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

deeper league WW hunt

Wes matthews- will benefit massively from playing with Giannis (and bledsoe), two drive and kickout players. wes is huge for spreading the floor for the bucks. Snag for points, 3s and if he learn how to steal the ball again/ get back to the 1.2 range, he's valuable. ROS value 

Harkless- decent value while PG is out. Snag for all around production.

Knox- strong start looks like a secure 25-30 min role. Snag for points and 3s, thats it.

Bertans- 28mpg over first 2 games, should easily be a top 140 w top 120 upside w these minutes. Snag for 3s. ROS value

BazeGAWD- 6th man, doing baze things. Watchlist. All around production.

Forbes- had a very strong preseason and great game one, keep an eye on him. Watchlist. 3s and some points, nothing else.

Lyles- role should fluctuate but started game one w a near DD.. keep an eye. Watchlist. Rebounds and PF 3s.

Okogie- worked on his game all summer and its showing. if his role expands, great steals streamer/ roster-able in 14+. Watchlist. Steals.

TimeLord Robert Williams- Thies out, Kanter out. Williams is a free 2+ stocks tonight vs NY. Snag for rebounds, steals, blocks, if he gets a 20-24 minute role he's a lock for top 100 value. High Upside. 

Baynes/ Frank the Tank- cheap C options while Ayton is out. Snag if you need cheap big man stats. Rebounds, out of position 3s.

Bjelica- Starting while Bags is out, has some value. Snag for rebounds, 3s.

Tucker- if you need cheap steals and rebounds, this is your guy. Snag for rebounds, steals, 3s. ROS value

Pat Bev- + rebounds, some assists, D stats.. should be owned. Snag for rebounds, assists, steals, 3s. Beast on punt point builds. ROS value

Olynyk- Leonard sucks, he should have value and has a fantasy friendly game. Snag for rebounds and out of position 3s.

Len- low end Center, starter and no one is stealing his job. Snag for rebounds. ROS value 

Osman- ^ replace with "forward". Snag for low end SF stats.

Kennard- sniper. great source of 3s. pick him up. ROS value

Fultz- feels like only a matter of time until he gets a shot as the starter. The 23minutes game 1 are more than encouraging. great selective add. Snag for assists and steals.

Jerami Grant- closed the game out vs PHO. Millsap is old, gets injured a lot and i think he falls off this year. Watchlist.

Devonte Graham- on FIRE. has benefited from scary Terry foul trouble a nice selective add to see if he can continue this. Snag for points, 3s and assists.

Shamet- 3s. that is it. 

Hart- solid to start the year. NO has a ton of guards but he's standing out and Holiday is dealing w a knew sprain, so he gets a bump . Snag for decent all around production.

Crowder- owns the starting SF position of Memphis. low upside but good all around production. ROS value 

OG- the starter, minutes seem safe. ROS value

Elfrid Payton- the starter for now. Worth a pickup if you need out of positions rebounds, assists and steals.

Coby White- I think he sucks but he's scoring a lot right now. pick him up to see if he can keep it up.

Thybulle- could be fantasy gold. High Upside.

Dunn- in a timeshare with White and Sato but his elite steals really boost his value. 

guys that are likely unavailable but maybe your leagemates are new to fantasy

PJ Washington- if he's on your wire, change that ASAP.

Bacon- should be owned just bc of his opportunity. 

Dunn- starter even when Jimmy returns.

T Prince- starter, had a really nice preseason.

Nice work 👍🏼 Who do you prefer of Nunn and Bacon and who do you Think has the highest upside of all the guys mentioned? 

Edited by Brandayz

If Marc Gasol n Ivica Zubac are both on waiver wire in a 13 teams league roto (12 cats) 

worth using the 2nd waiver on Marc Gasol? Or Zubac? 

3 hours ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

if you're up big this week and want to set yourself up for next week.. check your next week lineups to see if your Monday and Wednesday lineups are full. If they are, pick up players from these teams because they play Tues/Wednesday. This will help you save pickups w nice 2 games for 1 production.

Mia- Olynyk, Herro, Nunn, Dragic. the 3 guards are likely already owned, if not pick them up for at least next week.

Den- Barton, Harris, Grant. Barton and Harris are likely owned but worth a pickup if not.

Oops

* because they play Tues/Thurs.

2 hours ago, Brandayz said:

Nice work 👍🏼 Who do you prefer of Nunn and Bacon and who do you Think has the highest upside of all the guys mentioned? 

Nunn>

Thybulle if he gets consistent 26+mins 

6 hours ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

deeper league WW hunt

Wes matthews- will benefit massively from playing with Giannis (and bledsoe), two drive and kickout players. wes is huge for spreading the floor for the bucks. Snag for points, 3s and if he learn how to steal the ball again/ get back to the 1.2 range, he's valuable. ROS value 

Knox- strong start looks like a secure 25-30 min role. Snag for points and 3s, thats it.

Bertans- 28mpg over first 2 games, should easily be a top 140 w top 120 upside w these minutes. Snag for 3s. ROS value

Forbes- had a very strong preseason and great game one, keep an eye on him. Watchlist. 3s and some points, nothing else.

Lyles- role should fluctuate but started game one w a near DD.. keep an eye. Watchlist. Rebounds and PF 3s.

Okogie- worked on his game all summer and its showing. if his role expands, great steals streamer/ roster-able in 14+. Watchlist. Steals.

TimeLord Robert Williams- Thies out, Kanter out. Williams is a free 2+ stocks tonight vs NY. Snag for rebounds, steals, blocks, if he gets a 20-24 minute role he's a lock for top 100 value. High Upside. 

Baynes/ Frank the Tank- cheap C options while Ayton is out. Snag if you need cheap big man stats. Rebounds, out of position 3s.

Tucker- if you need cheap steals and rebounds, this is your guy. Snag for rebounds, steals, 3s. ROS value

Pat Bev- + rebounds, some assists, D stats.. should be owned. Snag for rebounds, assists, steals, 3s. Beast on punt point builds. ROS value

Olynyk- Leonard sucks, he should have value and has a fantasy friendly game. Snag for rebounds and out of position 3s.

Len- low end Center, starter and no one is stealing his job. Snag for rebounds. ROS value 

Fultz- feels like only a matter of time until he gets a shot as the starter. The 23minutes game 1 are more than encouraging. great selective add. Snag for assists and steals.

Jerami Grant- closed the game out vs PHO. Millsap is old, gets injured a lot and i think he falls off this year. Watchlist.

Devonte Graham- on FIRE. has benefited from scary Terry foul trouble a nice selective add to see if he can continue this. Snag for points, 3s and assists.

Shamet- 3s. that is it. 

Hart- solid to start the year. NO has a ton of guards but he's standing out and Holiday is dealing w a knew sprain, so he gets a bump . Snag for decent all around production.

Crowder- owns the starting SF position of Memphis. low upside but good all around production. ROS value 

Elfrid Payton- the starter for now. Worth a pickup if you need out of positions rebounds, assists and steals.

Coby White- I think he sucks but he's scoring a lot right now. pick him up to see if he can keep it up.

Dunn- in a timeshare with White and Sato but his elite steals really boost his value. 

Thanks for the hard work. Wondering who you prefer out of Graham, Bacon, Fultz, and Payton?

10 hours ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

Watched Alex Len the last two games, and I'd thought he'd be more productive... with Parker being more explosive on the offensive end would you still think he'd be viable to hold. At this point I see baynes and crowder still available on my WW...

22 hours ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

deeper league WW hunt

Shamet- 3s. that is it. 

21 hours ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

Great posts, just unfortunate where I play in a league where 216 players were drafted, so 99% of these guys are unavailable

For those streaming guys tonight and perhaps short term as well, one guy I am not seeing mentioned is Maxi Kleber. With Powell out he had a much better game last time and is looking at minutes from 25-30. Very nice source of BLK, REB and even 3PM. 

4 hours ago, FantasyMamba said:

For those streaming guys tonight and perhaps short term as well, one guy I am not seeing mentioned is Maxi Kleber. With Powell out he had a much better game last time and is looking at minutes from 25-30. Very nice source of BLK, REB and even 3PM. 

Good shout he’s been excellent tonight 

7 hours ago, mtx said:

Great posts, just unfortunate where I play in a league where 216 players were drafted, so 99% of these guys are unavailable

Harris and Barton are both available in my league. Thinking of dropping Winslow for one of them, who do you recommend? Denver plays back to back to start the week and 3 games in 4 nights 

Free Agents owned in less than 50% of the leagues and deeper sleepers owned in less than 20% of the leagues.

renderTimingPixel.png

Crazy first week in fantsy. Some great breakout players (like my guys Nunn and Graham, salute). Also some players who're slow to get it going (CP). Lesson one: don't panic. Don't sell the farm for Nunn and Kaminsky, and don't give on CP and OPjr.

New year, new format. I’ll be checking the waiver wires for free agent suggestions, based on statistical needs. For each cat, I’ll list a group of potential adds: a group of players which are owned in 50% of the leagues, or less. And then another group of players who’re owned in even fewer leagues: 20% or less, consider these ‘deep sleepers’, they could have value for just a few days, might be a gamble if you have dead weight on the end of your bench, or is some cases: dynasty targets.

After the first week, I’ll also start doing a review of the suggestions I listed in a previous edition. Gotta take some ownership of the mistakes you make, I guess.

Securing your FG%
Players owned in 50% or less:
  • Davis Bertans (42%) – I think the averages we’ve seen over his first two games should be indicative of what to expect over the coarse of a season. He’s an incredible shooter who does little to nothing else.

• Aron Baynes (21%) – With Ayton out for 25 games, Aynes will be valuable. He adds scoring, FG%, some rebounds, ast and maybe a few blocks, his FT% is great and he even shoots a few threes. Nothing great, but nice production across the board, without hurting you anywhere.

Players owned in 20% or less:
  • Bryn Forbes (17%) – Not too great across the board, but his shooting is simple great. I think he could be just above average for guards in FG%, which is great in combination with his threes. Once again, not much else.

• Jabari Parker (12%) – Not the production you’d want out of a former #2 pick, but he’s been okay in his role as bench scorer in ATL. His FG% usually hovers around 50%, which is nice, but against lesser competition off the bench, he could raise it a little bit.

• Eric Paschall (10%) – Good scorer in college who just had to shoot a bit too many threes as a senior. I think he’ll do well for the Warriors who are desperate to find another scoring threat.

• Jamychael Green (7%) – I love him in his current role with the Clippers. So dangerous, but don’t expect his FG% and threes to stay like they are – the 70% from three is a somewhat unrealistic expectation over 82 games.

Securing your FT%
Players owned in 50% or less:
  • Marcus Morris (49%) – I loved him in his first year in Boston, and this could be shaping up to be a repeat of that season. The numbers are very much alike.

• Frank Kaminksy (35%) – Probably the guy who gained most from Ayton’s suspension, although he had looked good in the period before that as well. Kaminksy might just be a top 100 player this season.

• Luke Kennard (34%)- As long as Griffin is out, Kennard has good value, much like he did in the playoffs last season. He’ll also be the biggest loser in value when Blake returns.

• Ivica Zubac (29%) – Won’t play all that much all the time, but he’s looking much better than in preseason. Nice bonus for an already deep squad.

• Aron Baynes (21%) – Does it all at an above average level.

Players owned in 20% or less:
  • Tim Hardaway (15%) – Would hate to rely on him for FT, because he hurts so many other categories.

• Josh Okogie (6%) – Was a great FT shooter in college, should be doing well again now.

• Marquese Chriss (6%) – Doesn’t have a clue what he’s doing and racks up fouls and free throws alike.

• Shabazz Napier (4%) – Not a good addition anywhere else, but if you’re desperate for ASt, he could be your guy.

• Allonzo Trier (1%) – Doesn’t do much well, but knows how to score and attack.

Find my content for all other categories here: https://perkinsfor3.wordpress.com/2019/10/28/sleeper-agents-waiver-wire-pickups-week-2/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Riedle9 said:

Zubac or Marc Gasol if both are on waiver wire ? 

Assistent forum. But Gasol.

44 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

harry giles anyone?

no,he is very injury prone and behind Dedmon and Holmes

2 minutes ago, kane said:

no,he is very injury prone and behind Dedmon and Holmes

No reason he shouldnt be getting more PT than Holmes. The pedigree is there and with Bagley out the next 5 weeks he can really make a case for himself. Very injury prone, I agree but theres a small chance you catch lightening in a bottle IMO. 

• Like 1