Hyperize

Luke Kennard 2019-2020 Outlook

41 minutes ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

It's Casey's comment "still a ways away" from returning that's concerning. 

If a guy doesn't come back right after ASB it's tough sledding imo, because he probably isn't going to be ramped up to full minutes by fantasy playoffs. Especially with lower body stuff, because of the conditioning. A lot of injury stashes are make or break to me right now.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

It's Casey's comment "still a ways away" from returning that's concerning. 

I'll give it a two week stash at most, I still think he's back sooner than later though.

Well that sucks.  I guess there's no reason not to hold him on an IL unless there's a better stash.

I'm probably gonna keep him, but without a timetable, it's not exactly the most exciting hold, especially since the fantasy playoffs are quite close, and the Pistons have no reason to play him really. I can't believe "bilateral knee soreness" is what's keeping him out though.  Sure, I'm not an NBA player, but if a guy misses two months with "knee soreness", I'm wondering how soft those bad boy Pistons have become now.

Does the whole 'ways off' thing pretty much mean he's only rosterable for those who can either stash him in IR or have the cushion to wait it out? A drop for those in the mud?

I ended up dropping him for Parker. I really dont like knowing hes still a ways away after having over a month off. What makes us think if he returns in lets say 2 weeks hes not going to be limited for another 2 weeks considering its his knee that was hurt?

• Like 1

Well, the allure is real if he does return both soon AND healthy.

Before his injury, he was contributing strongly in points and treys, with a healthy dose of boards and assists on decent enough %s, and this was WITH Drummond and a bit with Blake. Now that both are gone and the Pistons are filling their SG slots with BB and Svi (IMHO neither are all that impressive on offense), I assume Kennard would have even more usage if he were healthy.  

Problem is that there's no timetable and we're getting close to the fantasy POs.  Not only that but as stated, he'll probably be limited when he returns given he hasn't played since December and there hasn't been much positivity in reports on him.  True risk.  I might actually go for OPJ in my INJ slot over him.  :/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, brickcitymamba said:

Does the whole 'ways off' thing pretty much mean he's only rosterable for those who can either stash him in IR or have the cushion to wait it out? A drop for those in the mud?

In redraft, I would easily drop him. It's a little bit harder for keepers and especially in my case, keeper auction - I'm looking to keep him on the cheap. I really like his outlook for next season unless he gets traded in the off season and we could be looking at top 50~ numbers provided he's 100% healthy. That all goes away if he gets traded though lol, but I think the Pistons holding him out is to keep him healthy since they're probably looking at him as one of their key young pieces.

Edited by m1dday
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

Time to add?

If you have an IR spot, sure.  Or if you are secure in playoff position or have an easy matchup this week to where you can live with a dead spot (at least three more games out).

On 2/20/2020 at 11:03 AM, MWon said:

Well, the allure is real if he does return both soon AND healthy.

Before his injury, he was contributing strongly in points and treys, with a healthy dose of boards and assists on decent enough %s, and this was WITH Drummond and a bit with Blake. Now that both are gone and the Pistons are filling their SG slots with BB and Svi (IMHO neither are all that impressive on offense), I assume Kennard would have even more usage if he were healthy.  

Problem is that there's no timetable and we're getting close to the fantasy POs.  Not only that but as stated, he'll probably be limited when he returns given he hasn't played since December and there hasn't been much positivity in reports on him.  True risk.  I might actually go for OPJ in my INJ slot over him.  😕

Did you go OPJ or Kennard? Facing the same dilemma now that Kennard might be back soonish. I feel like Kennard has more opportunity but OPJ is a little more fantasy friendly with the defensive stats. 

4 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

Did you go OPJ or Kennard? Facing the same dilemma now that Kennard might be back soonish. I feel like Kennard has more opportunity but OPJ is a little more fantasy friendly with the defensive stats. 

Same boat. 

Kennard if he comes back and is fit i think has more upside than OPJ.

I just can't see OPJ really having an impact given how much time he has missed and the Bulls seem to be overly cautious when it comes to injuries. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

I held Kennard.  I was going to drop Kennard tonight for someone to hold Simmons in IL, but now that there's news, I might just wait and take this week's loss with a dead weight.

I personally like Kennard more.  He's got more opportunity and while he's not much for stocks, I think he contributes in most other areas.  Also wondering, with Thad Young's excellent play lately, and the eventual return of WCJ and Lauri, if OPJ gets run at all.  Doesn't help that he sucked even before getting hurt, and that the Bulls are gonna treat him with kid gloves given he's hurt himself twice and is injury prone.  Also, if he even has a tiny setback, I'd imagine the Bulls shut him down or hold him out for a long, long time.  

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, stickman786 said:

The question now is bruce brown or kennard?

Luke then Brucey Bruce

1 hour ago, stickman786 said:

The question now is bruce brown or kennard?

prolly the guy they drafted over Mitchell

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jackdean33 said:

To drop Smart, Millsap or D.Robinson for him to be ready for playoffs in a points league? 

AC forum, dude.  

Would keep Smart and D Rob though.  Millsap for Kennard might be good if needs warrant it and you can wait.

• Like 1

Saint Kennard will allow me to drink victory from his brandy barrell scoring!!!So sweet, so necessary!!!

Edited by dfstout
  • Like 1

If healthy, here's the line I project:

17 points, 3 boards, 4.6 assists, 2.6 3pm, and low stocks. 44% FG%/88.4% FT%

That's pretty much what he did in November. He has been in and out due to knees, but again, if there's another knee thing, you just drop him.

Pistons traded away Reggie Jackson, and need a 3p threat badly. They will just want to see Kennard play to see if he is their long-term guy.

1 hour ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

If healthy, here's the line I project:

17 points, 3 boards, 4.6 assists, 2.6 3pm, and low stocks. 44% FG%/88.4% FT%

That's pretty much what he did in November. He has been in and out due to knees, but again, if there's another knee thing, you just drop him.

Pistons traded away Reggie Jackson, and need a 3p threat badly. They will just want to see Kennard play to see if he is their long-term guy.

2018 Ingles numbers

2 hours ago, brosephd said:

2018 Ingles numbers

Right. The assists are the big eye-popper. Let's see, but that is why I chose him over Lauri. Very similar numbers at their peaks, except Kennard's plus in assists. That, plus the specific return date, plus the clear alignment of coach, management and strategy to get Kennard going. Can't say the same for Lauri.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Right. The assists are the big eye-popper. Let's see, but that is why I chose him over Lauri. Very similar numbers at their peaks, except Kennard's plus in assists. That, plus the specific return date, plus the clear alignment of coach, management and strategy to get Kennard going. Can't say the same for Lauri.

I'm just excited to see what he does with drummond reggie gone.