Asapjoshy

Will Barton 2019-2020 Outlook

Looking good out there and in the starting lineup... super deep team but worth a look?

Worth a look as long as he starts. I don't really see Craig overtaking him in the rotation, so there's that.

Welllllll worth more than a look. 

having the starting position locked up, he’ll be getting between 28-33 MPG. 

had a reassuring chance of posting Top-65 value

• Like 1

Worth a look for 14 teams. Fringe 12 teams player. Tonight might be Barton, tomorrow might be Harris, next week could be Beasley. Too many mouths to feed in Denver and it feels like drawing a lottery owning any of Denver players except Jokic in any single night. 

10 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

Welllllll worth more than a look. 

having the starting position locked up, he’ll be getting between 28-33 MPG. 

had a reassuring chance of posting Top-65 value

even with the starting pos locked up, you still can't really trust him. There's just a lot of bodies there that the coach will probably split them up depending who's got the hot hand I think

Just now, atlantadynasty said:

even with the starting pos locked up, you still can't really trust him. There's just a lot of bodies there that the coach will probably split them up depending who's got the hot hand I think

Believe me. Having owned Barton the past 4 years, he will keep steady value throughout the year.

I am pegging him as a guy who, in all likelihood, will be averaging 14.0 PPG, 4 REB, 3 AST, 1.5 3PM and less than 2.0 T/O.

Great guy to have on your squad, and will likely end up averaging the 3rd most PPG on the team behind Jokic and Murray.

The main takeaway is that he'll be getting 28-33 minutes per game..and the Denver's coaching staff LOVES Barton. It's the reason they've kept him.

It would take a serious "hot hand" to make the Nuggets sit him in favor of someone else.

• Like 2

Barton is awesome, anyone here who remembers my post knows I always tell people he's underrated and should be on everyone's rosters. He was unhealthy last year, in training camp and preseason they said he looks really good/bouncy again. He's attacking the rim (he wasn't doing that as much last season).

He's back to being Barton.

I'm really mad I didn't pick him up when I had the chance, someone stupidly dropped him during preseason. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, atlantadynasty said:

I tend to be on this side of Barton, though I have him in a couple of leagues as pick 11+. I personally think it would be better for Barton to come off the bench (still 25-20mins/game) and be the focal point of the offense. He needs the ball in his hands to maximize fantasy value, but he's the third option at best in the starting lineup

My favorite player to claim off waivers. Somehow always falls through and yet he does it all. Malone loves him and he is likely starting so grab him if you can!

5 hours ago, Aloon33 said:

My favorite player to claim off waivers. Somehow always falls through and yet he does it all. Malone loves him and he is likely starting so grab him if you can!

Starting or not, mins might be an issue. Too deep so dunno, when he plays though he is great 

Just now, atlantadynasty said:

Starting or not, mins might be an issue. Too deep so dunno, when he plays though he is great 

The only thing that will stop barton from producing is injuries. He can pit up numbers in 25-27 min range

Would anybody here swap millsap out for barton? My team currently lacking in rebounds and field goal %. Paul milsap has been on the decline though he remains fairly efficient, his other categories have been inconsistent. 

2 hours ago, roclaren said:

Would anybody here swap millsap out for barton? My team currently lacking in rebounds and field goal %. Paul milsap has been on the decline though he remains fairly efficient, his other categories have been inconsistent. 

Barton definitely won’t give you fg% lol, but his out of position rebounds and stocks are good. Without knowing your team, I’d easily make the switch.

7 minutes ago, atlantadynasty said:

can we trust him or no way he plays regular mins?

31, 21 and 29.....those are his minutes so far in 3 games this season.

He is going to play, but not 30 plus every night. Denver is deep but Barton is a fixture in their rotation.

12 minutes ago, atlantadynasty said:

can we trust him or no way he plays regular mins?

He’s a starter and Malone already praised him in public. He does a bit of everything 

I don’t know why he’s slept on.

i try to draft guys based for their ability to first have big pop off games and 2 bring something when they’re not popping off.

Barton does both pretty well. I expect this all season 

• Like 1

You can't blame people for sleeping on him as he was terrible last season and he is on a stacked team. Beasley is a great player and they also got Grant in the off season.

In saying that I picked him from the WW in a 12 team and I think I'm going to keep him...