yung_fetty

Dewayne Dedmon 2019-2020 Outlook

Dedmon plays hard but he isn't dumb. The fact that he has continued to stack up fouls game after game tells me that he is frustrated, perhaps with the youth movement, role unclarity with small ball, and future uncertainty with Capella as the main center. 

The guy is a smart player, seems like he doesn't want to stay on the court.

4 hours ago, NBA_OG said:

Dedmon plays hard but he isn't dumb. The fact that he has continued to stack up fouls game after game tells me that he is frustrated, perhaps with the youth movement, role unclarity with small ball, and future uncertainty with Capella as the main center. 

The guy is a smart player, seems like he doesn't want to stay on the court.

This is some hilarious armchair psychology.  

How about the simpler explanation that he has been matched up against Bam Adebayo, Kristaps Porzingis, and Joel Embiid the last three games? 

I don't think he is fouling because he doesn't want to be on the court lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

This is some hilarious armchair psychology.  

How about the simpler explanation that he has been matched up against Bam Adebayo, Kristaps Porzingis, and Joel Embiid the last three games? 

I don't think he is fouling because he doesn't want to be on the court lol

Possible, but one flaw in this- check out his past 3 games vs. Philadelphia (1 this season 2 last), all vs. Embiid. It was his third best average output last year vs. ALL teams that he faced. The earlier game this season he put up I think 18pts vs. Embiid, and has always done well vs. Sixers.

Stash while you can my fellow fantasy junkies. Every block is valuable in that playoff run, hard to find off the ww at this time of year.

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, iowncrazyhair said:

Tempting but Capela is expected to return mid march when playoffs about to start

Mine start next week, so I guess he’s worth a flier for now. I feel like Capela won’t be back that soon.

13 hours ago, iowncrazyhair said:

Tempting but Capela is expected to return mid march when playoffs about to start

Yeah, but the fact that we haven't heard any update is kind of weird as we're a week away from mid March... Seems like Dedmon will be back for Fri/Sat, if he's 100% those two GP should be worth the add imo...

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, NoahsArc said:

Mine start next week, so I guess he’s worth a flier for now. I feel like Capela won’t be back that soon.

Same. Plantar fasciitis + a bone bruise is a tricky injury to recover from, and the fact that the GM said "maybe" when referring to Mid-March makes me think he'll only come back much later. They have all the incentive to take their time with him - look at Curry and how he's been babied. If GSW weren't tanking it's likely he would've played already in February.

Edited by Espoiral
  • Like 2

I missed out on him - SAD. He will be a great resource of fg% and blocks minimum for the first playoff week.

Owning this guy when he's getting minutes is such a thrill. Apologies to any Capela owners, injuries really suck (especially this year), but I love Dedmon. 

Anyone think there's any reason his FG% has tanked this year compared to his last few years where he was averaging the same amount of shots and 3s? I know his time in Sacramento was not set up for his success, but he's talented enough to have a bounce back in FG% i'd think -- at least to 44-45%

• Like 1

On 3/4/2020 at 2:34 PM, cbsholy said:

Owning this guy when he's getting minutes is such a thrill. Apologies to any Capela owners, injuries really suck (especially this year), but I love Dedmon. 

Anyone think there's any reason his FG% has tanked this year compared to his last few years where he was averaging the same amount of shots and 3s? I know his time in Sacramento was not set up for his success, but he's talented enough to have a bounce back in FG% i'd think -- at least to 44-45%

I feel the same way, he’s one of the few free agent bigs that can fill out a full stat line and not hurt you with FT%. 

21 minutes ago, justaguy said:

Why does he still have the INJ tag 1 hour before tip off lol

I was thinking the same thing, I think they’re just slipping up. I almost left him on the bench because I dismissed him with the IR tag. 

• Like 1

Starting tonight vs wizards. Looks like a great game. Feeling a 12 11 on good percentages and a steal and 2 blocks. Honestly guy could be good for a lot of us. Cracking top 100 will happen at ease 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Flamez said:

Starting tonight vs wizards. Looks like a great game. Feeling a 12 11 on good percentages and a steal and 2 blocks. Honestly guy could be good for a lot of us. Cracking top 100 will happen at ease 

He even throws in a couple of 3s too. Really happy this guy is back with a lot of opportunity going into the post season 

3 minutes ago, boshtrich17 said:

He even throws in a couple of 3s too. Really happy this guy is back with a lot of opportunity going into the post season 

Yes sir my man. He does. Making him even more valuable. The way I look at is if capela isn’t able to return, dedmon is winning ships. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Flamez said:

Yes sir my man. He does. Making him even more valuable. The way I look at is if capela isn’t able to return, dedmon is winning ships. 

If your fantasy playoffs start week 21 to 23, I think he’s a lock for all of those games. Capela will be irrelevant, even if he’s cleared late in that chip week you gotta expect heavy min limits and potential B2B resting due to the nature of the injury 

• Like 1

Just now, stevenzhli said:

11 PTS 1 3PM 4 STLS! Do you guys think his minutes will go up?

Yeah I expect his mins to be in that upper 20 range he doesn’t need to be in the 30s to hit monster lines 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

He fouled out tonight but had a really nice line in 28 minutes. 2 threes, 14 pts, 9 rebs, 2 assists, and 3 blocks. That’s what I’m talking about. Way to start my playoffs!

Edited by NoahsArc
  • Like 3

Damn, I think Dedmon could’ve had a monster night if he didn’t get fouled out. Pierce seemed like he was ready to give him a ton of minutes down the stretch. The game’s in overtime as speak...Smh.

DOUBLE OT. Dewayne chose the wrong game to get into foul trouble. MAN!

• Like 1