Sign in to follow this  
Trench Mob

2019-2020 "Cool Story, Bro!" Thread

Recommended Posts

It needs to be a place for 1 game overreactions, rage drops, October Hot Takes, and other junk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drafted Harden and Westbrook 1/2 in h2h weekly, and this shortened week where the rockets only play 2 games is reminding me why it's not a good idea to draft two guys on the same team that high...and that's aside from the question of how this experiment is going to work out and whether westbrook is now permanently sub 70 pct freethrow poison that's gonna completely waste hardens value as an anchor (for whatever reason I convinced myself that a change of scenery will fix whatever happened to him over last 2 seasons within the span of 2 minutes once I was on the clock in round 2)

On the plus side, immediately after I picked Westbrook I was kicking myself during the draft and after for not picking Kemba instead, and at least he dissapointed in his debut. 

The thought of drafting these guys together never occurred to me predraft and it feels like such an all or nothing move that might have already ****** my season. Least it'll be interesting

Edited by blazeh
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, blazeh said:

Drafted Harden and Westbrook 1/2 in h2h weekly, and this shortened week where the rockets only play 2 games is reminding me why it's not a good idea to draft two guys on the same team that high...and that's aside from the question of how this experiment is going to work out and whether westbrook is now permanently sub 70 pct freethrow poison that's gonna completely waste hardens value as an anchor (for whatever reason I convinced myself that a change of scenery will fix whatever happened to him over last 2 seasons within the span of 2 minutes once I was on the clock in round 2)

On the plus side, immediately after I picked Westbrook I was kicking myself during the draft and after for not picking Kemba instead, and at least he dissapointed in his debut. 

The thought of drafting these guys together never occurred to me predraft and it feels like such an all or nothing move that might have already ****** my season. Least it'll be interesting

You could always trade Russ and remember its a LONG season and Harden and Russ will give you enough stats to cover multiple games dont panic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I drunkenly traded away Lowry and Ja for D'Angelo and Rozier three days ago.  I don't HATE the trade, as I'm punting FG% , figured D'Angelo would kill it with Steph out, and Rozier has long since looked like a fg% punt stud, last week aside.  But I felt afterward, when I woke up, that I just plain am higher on Ja than Rozier.

This was the first day that day processed.  I'd still rather have left the Ja/Rozier part out of it, but I, through sheer luck, won that trade by a landslide.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2019 at 10:33 PM, Crazycanto said:

Favors takes title of "mid-round guy who had a slow start that you sniped off waivers"

Facts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Struggling a little bit right now because I'm missing ayton, Middleton and hayward. The way I'm looking at it is that they're all coming back in December so it'll be like having a little Christmas present. Lol

On the plus side, my waiver pick ups have been on point: Jabari, Tristan Thompson and Nunn. I also got pg13 back so that's nice to have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have made a single move in one league where I'm about to be 4-0. Adding Devonte Graham. I think as long as Lebron doesnt get hurt I can coast to the playoffs just on that one move. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BayofPuigs said:

I have made a single move in one league where I'm about to be 4-0. Adding Devonte Graham. I think as long as Lebron doesnt get hurt I can coast to the playoffs just on that one move. 

What’s your team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just lost my week 5-4.

The deciding category was FT%, my team shot 126/146 for the week, my opponent shot 127/147.

I lost by exactly one free throw, or 0.09%.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every teams retro jersey's and court design completely sh*t's on todays concepts. That's a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kristaps Porzingis is the second best player from a country with 2 pro basketball players 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in an 8 team 8 category league. Turnovers aren't counted. The categories are FG%, FT%, 3 pointers made, points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks.I have Kyrie Irving on my team and don't know what to do with him. I'm in 5th place out of 8. No one will accept any of my trade offers. What should I do? The categories i'm weakest in are: Assists, points, fg% and ft%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

swapped Nance for Wood (pre-deadline), Nance dropped after deadline, picked him up before game today against that team. Feels good man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having a good vibe about this season and my chances of winning back-to-back ´ship in the toughest league in all Europe.

It all started when we had our "Kobe Memorial Theme Weekend". We had chance of apply for extra positions (FanTrax), we had Special Kobe Uno Tournament, we had Kobe Quiz, we had "Kobe Music" Contest and our trade deadline all in the same week.

Our trade deadline day had whopping amount of trades and almost 40 different players switched teams, even on the last minutes of the DL. When all was said and done few of the top teams had gotten a lot better. I was kind of a feeling down for my chances even when I had compiled the best fantasy point average through the season... 

But then things started to happen. My Lillard got injured, but he most likely will be able to contribute when our playoffs start early March.

Then Top2 record owning teams had Kyrie Irving, Capela, JJJ and KAT going down for them... Very good for me. Then Top4 team who got Harden at the Trade DL lost Simmons... Then 2nd best fantasy point averaging team got burned by his Drummond, Juancho for LMA, Jrue trade as DRE is DONE.

I´m not out of the woods yet and it is super tight this season as everyone but one manager is very up to date with NBA + fantasy tactics... But I was ahead before All Stars Break and now it is even better. Few new teams have been operating really nicely last few weeks, but they have a lot of overachieving waiver players boosting em up.

Let us hope that this will be my season yet again! One time baby! One time!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JormaJormala said:

Having a good vibe about this season and my chances of winning back-to-back ´ship in the toughest league in all Europe.

It all started when we had our "Kobe Memorial Theme Weekend". We had chance of apply for extra positions (FanTrax), we had Special Kobe Uno Tournament, we had Kobe Quiz, we had "Kobe Music" Contest and our trade deadline all in the same week.

Our trade deadline day had whopping amount of trades and almost 40 different players switched teams, even on the last minutes of the DL. When all was said and done few of the top teams had gotten a lot better. I was kind of a feeling down for my chances even when I had compiled the best fantasy point average through the season... 

But then things started to happen. My Lillard got injured, but he most likely will be able to contribute when our playoffs start early March.

Then Top2 record owning teams had Kyrie Irving, Capela, JJJ and KAT going down for them... Very good for me. Then Top4 team who got Harden at the Trade DL lost Simmons... Then 2nd best fantasy point averaging team got burned by his Drummond, Juancho for LMA, Jrue trade as DRE is DONE.

I´m not out of the woods yet and it is super tight this season as everyone but one manager is very up to date with NBA + fantasy tactics... But I was ahead before All Stars Break and now it is even better. Few new teams have been operating really nicely last few weeks, but they have a lot of overachieving waiver players boosting em up.

Let us hope that this will be my season yet again! One time baby! One time!!

toughest league in all europe...

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dropped Chris Paul for Graham early in the season because CP3 wasn't giving me 9 ast/g like his usual self and thought that he will eventually get traded.

 

Now CP3 is ranked 2nd in his position fml

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fantasyscrub said:

any time someone makes a joke about my username


Lmao , that’ll never end. Too easy of a punch line

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

proably going to just draft lillard joker buddy and rubio next year and go from there. any other consistent 2nd half players that have good health track record?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Made the playoffs in one of the two H2H leagues I'm in. Was pretty odd to sneak in because teams 8-12 finished with the same amount of wins and losses. Just happy to even be there though, but it would've been easier if I hadn't gotten a despicably fluky loss to the red lantern who finished with a 2-17 tally. Having lost Oubre, Isaac and KAT I'm liable to get smacked by the #1 seed though, so wouldn't be surprised to frequent the Rant thread instead of this one shortly

Edited by brickcitymamba
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.