Sign in to follow this  
Bgraham10

Trading Chase Edmunds...WHIR!!

I’m currently 7-0 in a highly competitive 12 team PPR league that’s part of 8x12 tm leagues that compete for an overall title.  Weeks 12-16 are essentially the top 24 teams duking it out for the most points scored.

I’m clearly looking highest potential upside.

All touchdowns are worth 6 points.

I’ve been able to get by on uneven performance by Carson Wentz and an injured Drew Brees on my bench.  I’m wondering if an upgrade to Aaron Rodgers puts me in a better position to pair with Drew Brees to play matchups the rest of the way.

In this league, we start 2 Flex players.

My typical lineup has been - 

QB - Wentz

RB1 - Dalvin Cook

RB2 - Mark Ingram

WR1 - Deandre Hopkins

WR2 - Amari Cooper

TE - Darren Waller

Flex1 - Cooper Kupp

Flex2 - Hunter Henry (when healthy)

My bench is - 

QB2 Drew Brees

RB - Devin Singletary, Chase Edmonds, Darrel Henderson, Mark Walton

WR - John Brown, Robby Anderson

I have 2 offers that have been presented to me - 

Offer 1 - I get Aaron Rodgers - I trade Carson Wentz/Chase Edmonds

Offer 2 - I get Deshaun Watson, Gerald Everett - I trade Amari Cooper, Darren waller

I’m leaning towards taking the 1st one because of 2 reasons - 

Reason 1 - Edmonds upcoming schedule and role going forward.

@New Orleans

v SF

@TB

@SF

Reason 2 - Wentz’s schedule is really tough 

@BUF

CHI

BYE

@NE

SEA

Please give me some input!  Much appreciated and WHIR!!

I dont like either but I also think your QBs are fine and Ingram is in trouble and you could use RB help even with a deep league. I know Wentz has a tough schedule but brees before and 4 weeks after the bye is cake. I think between brees and Wentz, you can get by and Wentz is due to pick it up. Jackson needs to open the field for jeffrey and they just need to catch some passes. 

Out of the 2 trades, offer 1 is the only thing id consider. I wouldnt want to give up cooper and waller just to add a bit of depth at the QB spot unless you can spin a QB for some RB help. Id hold in the end.

Thanks for help on mine.

Thanks for mine. 

I agree with guy above. You should be fine with Wentz and Brees. I also agree you should improve your RB depth. 

Trading Edmonds in a package for a better RB would be better. 

4 minutes ago, FrancoJavierM said:

Thanks for mine. 

I agree with guy above. You should be fine with Wentz and Brees. I also agree you should improve your RB depth. 

Trading Edmonds in a package for a better RB would be better. 

Thank you for input.  

Which RB should I target for an Ingram/Edmonds package?  Chris Carson territory?

10 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

I dont like either but I also think your QBs are fine and Ingram is in trouble and you could use RB help even with a deep league. I know Wentz has a tough schedule but brees before and 4 weeks after the bye is cake. I think between brees and Wentz, you can get by and Wentz is due to pick it up. Jackson needs to open the field for jeffrey and they just need to catch some passes. 

Out of the 2 trades, offer 1 is the only thing id consider. I wouldnt want to give up cooper and waller just to add a bit of depth at the QB spot unless you can spin a QB for some RB help. Id hold in the end.

Thanks for help on mine.

Thank you very much for your input.

Which RB should I aim for?  Maybe a Marlon Mack/Mattinson package for Ingram/Edmonds?  I do need Cook’s handcuff.

• Like 1

I don't think I'd chase after Rodgers.  When Brees comes back, I expect you'll be fine at QB.  Instead, I like the idea of packaging off Edmonds and Wentz for another RB.  Maybe Mack or Henry would be good, reliable fits you could get in return for those two pieces.

2 minutes ago, Bgraham10 said:

Which RB should I aim for?  Maybe a Marlon Mack/Mattinson package for Ingram/Edmonds?  I do need Cook’s handcuff.

I could see that trade being beneficial. Maybe its just my eyes but as of late ingram seems very TD dependent and hasnt been very efficient. I like Mack and of course that line is solid. Idk how your league mates see trades and what the rest of them need but any RB around 15-20 as of now id shoot for if possible. In my league thats solid options

7 minutes ago, Bgraham10 said:

Thank you for input.  

Which RB should I target for an Ingram/Edmonds package?  Chris Carson territory?

I'd get Cooks handcuff as you mentioned in the other comment. 

Mack in return should be okay. With Mack you won't have the QB stealing runs and TDs every now and then. Maybe make sure and confirm with other people on the forum. 

Yeah that Mack/Mattison deal could be a good idea if you want the comfort of having Dalvin's cuff. The slight upgrade at QB isn't worth it

Yeah I don't like the trades. I think Mack level would be a good target and if you can get Mattison that would be a good trade. 

Thanks for mine.

How much value does Edmonds even have? Do you think i  should try Metcalf for Edmonds? I see the guy isnt starting Edmonds and i have DJ, so if DJ doesnt play think week im stuck gambling that Montgomerry can get me 10 points this week. But I dont want to give up alot when i can just make a different trade for another type of RB.

Help with mine:

3 hours ago, Bgraham10 said:

I do like this or even getting Carson. Think you are good with Brees & Wentz. Thanks for mine!

Gross trades, especially the second.  Avoid that like the plague.  I dont' think you need to do anything right now, you said it, 7-0.  If you want highest potential upside, why trade Chase after one good game of Rodgers?  You don't need a QB, and you have a potential league winner in Chase if DJ goes down long term.  I'd stay put.  But for the love please do not take option 2.   Help with mine?